Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Twin Sector

Old 04-27-2010, 07:56 PM   #1
MustardJeep

Exclamation Cheat Codes and a Recommendation

First off the Cheat Codes because that ping pong ball of death gets old really quickly.

Press (Shift~) to open the console
Press (g_godmode 1) to activate God Mode "You will have to reactivate it a lot as the variables are reset at each level.

(If stuck type "help" at the console for a list of commands to play with.)

Wash rinse repeat and your done with twin sector from start to finish with the various bad things in the game never happening to you. Personally with god mode I found Twin City to be a slightly dull but otherwise okay way to spend a afternoon. Honestly they need to add a more enjoyable backstory into it. Portal had sickenly cute turrents and slightly insane "fun" AI speeches along with slightly insane leftovers of the previous testers scribbled everywhere. Twin Sector.....not so much. <Sigh>

Now for the RECOMMENDATION

Under Ten Dollars Twin Sector is a solid buy and good for one weekend worth of play time. There is Zero replay ability and several sections that without the above mentioned cheat code are a royal pain to get past without a dozen tries or more.

Over Ten Dollars (YOU ARE GETTING RIPPED OFF) best suggestion if looking at Twin Sector and you have never played portal buy portal it is way more funny/enjoyable/cute/replayable....plus it has fans making addon maps. If it's under ten and you have portal do it, you will kill time, strech some puzzle solving skills, and have a game that is very hackable.

Sorry DnS I want my harddrive space back. Twin Sector <DELETED>

P.S. There may be hope for this game if someone with way more time then I have wants to do a mod pack and redesign their levels for them.

Unencryped wavefront file format for pete sake.

DnS I really suggest you drop the price, open up the console commands, and pray people start playing with your game in ways you never intended.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:00 AM   #2
game_over

Now, THIS is how you play bad game and make them fun.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:16 PM   #3
MustardJeep

If they would post the commands to disable the AI it would be a perfectly fun game without god mode. If you could reset gravity when ever how ever I might still have it installed on my hd.
MustardJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 03:52 PM   #4
Amander

Doesn't work for me, when I press Shift and ~, I end up in some console thing where I can't type anything.
Amander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:24 PM   #5
MustardJeep

Sorry to hear that, I remember that I had some.....well...."Difficulty" getting the developer consol working that first couple of runs myself.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:00 AM   #6
DnS-Dei

DnS Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amander View Post
Doesn't work for me, when I press Shift and ~, I end up in some console thing where I can't type anything.
This depends on keyboard layout you have.
In US layout it should be the key right beside "1", above of "Tab" and below "Esc".
German layout has the key above ', and left of Ü, to reach it you have to press "Alt Gr" + "+" keys.
DnS-Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:13 AM   #7
Amander

So I have to press AltGr, + and Shift?
Old 07-01-2010, 03:33 AM   #8
DnS-Dei

DnS Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amander View Post
So I have to press AltGr, + and Shift?
This depends on you keyboard layout. altgr + "+" should open it with a german keyboard. Pressing shift + "+" on a german layout will bring up the "just view" console and you cannot type in commands.
DnS-Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:38 AM   #9
Amander

Ah, I see. Thank you.

One more question: How do I close the console? I wasn't able to close the just-view console with any keys so I had to restart the game.

By the way, I'd like to kinda apologize for cheating. I don't like playing games with cheats, but in Twin Sector, the tracers can be really annoying, even with props around (really, one hit from a prop should be enough) and the loading times are horribly long.

Last edited by Amander: 07-01-2010 at 03:41 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:13 AM   #10
MustardJeep

<laughter>

no apology for cheating from me but I will say thank you for leaving god mode in and accessable. reloaded twin sector last night because I wanted to look at some of the more inspired puzzles again, and god mode made it a lot easier to go traipsing thru for a look.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:50 AM   #11
Procyon

How do I open (and close) the console (for writing) with a Latin American Keyboard?
Procyon is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Twin Sector