Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Guild Wars

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 05-04-2010, 07:29 PM   #1
DJediX

key server down?

I just bought the trilogy earlier today, and now when i try to check my CD key it says failed to contact key server? is this down ATM (i know its Tuesday)

Old 05-05-2010, 10:41 AM   #2
Mevadio

Unhappy

I have this same problem. I bought the trilogy yesterday and downloaded it fine. But when I try to bring the game up, it says:

Failed to contact key server.

My internet connection is working fine. My other games are working great. I am assuming this only happens to the people that bought the game after the sale? Please fix
Old 05-05-2010, 11:28 AM   #3
NateR54720

I'm getting the same thing. Does anyone know of any fixes yet?
Old 05-05-2010, 12:33 PM   #4
NateR54720

I'm not to happy about this. If you still have the game up for sale make sure you have keys to go with it. Now we just sit here playing with ourselves until they get more keys so lame. I would of went to best buy and got it cheaper.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:51 PM   #5
NateR54720

Anyways I meant to post this. I just went to the Guild-wars site and downloaded the trial version. So by the time my trial runs out hopefully this the steam one will be fixed.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:51 PM   #6
Nabnak

Steam just ran out of keys. They will get them asap. Sometimes this happens if game is too popular and the publisher isn't valve. (Keys are sent from devs to steam) At least my friend had this issue with Splinter CellA. He got his game later, so don't worry.

And maybe i am wrong.
Nabnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 02:20 PM   #7
Strawbsy

Personally, I think its just a tad freakin ridiculous that you continue selling a game if you won't let the customers play it. IMO, if you don't have keys, don't sell it; "Out of stock" is appropriate for this situation :\
Old 05-05-2010, 02:36 PM   #8
yalejock

Same problem here. Been about 20 hours now. No response to the question I submitted in the support section as well. As someone who buys about 1-2 full-price games off Steam a month, I am getting a bit iffy about buying another game. Two thumbs down.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:39 PM   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #9
KrisK

Valve
We're looking into it.

Last edited by KrisK: 05-05-2010 at 02:55 PM.
KrisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 02:57 PM   #10
djnmahalaleel

Why thank you, sah.
djnmahalaleel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:30 PM   #11
Fairie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawbsy View Post
Personally, I think its just a tad freakin ridiculous that you continue selling a game if you won't let the customers play it. IMO, if you don't have keys, don't sell it; "Out of stock" is appropriate for this situation :\
I have to agree with this. I am also having the same problem and this is my first time using Steam. A friend recommended it to me as a quick way of getting the game and I was hoping to be able to play as soon as I had purchased it and am annoyed by this whole situation. I am new to Steam and am not very happy with it thus far :/ If I'd known the game was 'out of stock' I would have gone to buy it a store since I was trying to save time by buying it on here...

Oh well, I hope it gets fixed soon.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:21 PM   #12
NateR54720

They sent me an email saying that they are working on the problem. How long I have no idea. But I have been playing the free trial for the last few hours, I just hope my stats stay the same when I play the full version.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:37 PM   #13
ScopeXL

Same deal here. Anxiously awaiting keys so I can play the trilogy
Old 05-05-2010, 05:06 PM   #14
7thsonofa7thson

i have the same prob. this is the first, AND LAST game i will ever get through steam....good day sirs...
Old 05-05-2010, 05:50 PM   #15
Mevadio

Still having the key error. Could we get an ETA on when it will be fixed, please?

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Guild Wars