Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Guild Wars

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 05-06-2010, 07:47 AM   #31
Mxthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmwitham View Post
Well I called NCsoft as I know someone who works there they say steam has this issue 24/7 with most of there products considering none of us bought the game directly from them we cant get anything done about it try calling your Credit card company tell them its a invalid charge maybe you can get your money back .. I'm pretty sure you can as you did not receive the product, Then go buy it directly from NCsoft they have support and I can assure you they wont run out of cd-keys for people.....

OMG ! That's a big nice troll...Congrats...

To talk about the issue, it is still there, I can't play

I am trying to verify my game data cache, but no success ( I know this wont change squat, but at least it gives me the impression I'm doing something usefull)

Last edited by Mxthe: 05-06-2010 at 07:51 AM.
Mxthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:02 AM   #32
djnmahalaleel

Quote:
wtf are you talking about you idiot serious? you make no damn sense grow up and yes I work hard for my money best believe I will do something about someone stealing from me Im sure you sit at home and your mom pays everything for you or perhaps you collect money from sucking the trolls off?
I can't resist any longer. I am weak.

So, first off, you did "some research on this matter" and found "plenty of evidence", namely an incident in 2007. If that is in fact true, I think that it is pretty fair for a company to have two lapses of service in the span of three years. It is a digital distribution platform for primarily third-party services so errors are likely to occur on a semi-regular basis (of course, these errors are expected to have very quick responses and fixes so as to maintain a proper service environment).

So you then move on to contact the BBB as well as a local attorney who is embroiled in an oil spill case. This information is supposed to ensure us of both your importance and pull within your social and financial circle, as well as the importance of this attorney who will take stirring legal cases with equal measure, regardless of scale. Surely he can find time among dealing with an insanely large oil spill caused by two massive multi-billion dollar corporations to give Steam a good talking to about your $20 (or $40, I don't know when you got it) purchase that you've had to wait a few days for.

The "support for steam" that is "nowhere to be found" is actually here: https://support.steampowered.com/ I figured that I'd help you out because clearly the Internet is a vast mystery.

"I purchased guild war trilogy and have not received my item. That is what in legal terms is called stealing. I will be looking into further actions." Certainly, payment given without product or services received can truly be called stealing, but the only difference between this and say, Amazon, is that Amazon alerts you to a X business day delay whereas Steam promises the item immediately. This is a fair point, but incredibly pedantic. You did not pay more for the immediate delivery, in fact you paid less than any other place would charge for shipping (barring some kind of free shipping deal). Furthermore, you avoided sales tax. If anything, you are supposed to be receiving an instant product for less cost than that same product to be shipped to you.

So then you called NCSoft and your contact their told you that Steam has this problem 24/7 with most of their games. Well, for the sake of argument, I'll accept for a moment that someone did say that to you. Regardless of what you were told and who told that to you, it is a flat out lie. I own 76 games on Steam - and I'm certain that there are many people who own many more than that - and this is the first time that this has happened to any of my games. The only time that anything came close was when Ubi's servers were down and I couldn't play R6:V2 for a few hours. If this problem was happening all day every day with most games, then no one would ever use this service for anything.

I'll just skip the rest of your second post because this is getting way too long here.

To briefly address your third post:

Actually I won't. I'm not sure I have the ready proof handy to demonstrate the counterpoints to the claims that my "mom pays for everything" or that I "collect money from sucking trolls off", whatever that means. I'm not sure what ad hominem attacks have to do with this, but feel free to go on making them.

Last edited by djnmahalaleel: 05-06-2010 at 08:05 AM.
djnmahalaleel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:03 AM   #33
djnmahalaleel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxthe View Post
OMG ! That's a big nice troll...Congrats...
Yeah, I gave in anyway... I just couldn't pass up the chance that its not, I guess.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:09 AM   #34
Mxthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnmahalaleel View Post
I can't resist any longer. I am weak.

So, first off, you did "some research on this matter" and found "plenty of evidence", namely an incident in 2007. If that is in fact true, I think that it is pretty fair for a company to have two lapses of service in the span of three years. It is a digital distribution platform for primarily third-party services so errors are likely to occur on a semi-regular basis (of course, these errors are expected to have very quick responses and fixes so as to maintain a proper service environment).

So you then move on to contact the BBB as well as a local attorney who is embroiled in an oil spill case. This information is supposed to ensure us of both your importance and pull within your social and financial circle, as well as the importance of this attorney who will take stirring legal cases with equal measure, regardless of scale. Surely he can find time among dealing with an insanely large oil spill caused by two massive multi-billion dollar corporations to give Steam a good talking to about your $20 (or $40, I don't know when you got it) purchase that you've had to wait a few days for.

The "support for steam" that is "nowhere to be found" is actually here: https://support.steampowered.com/ I figured that I'd help you out because clearly the Internet is a vast mystery.

"I purchased guild war trilogy and have not received my item. That is what in legal terms is called stealing. I will be looking into further actions." Certainly, payment given without product or services received can truly be called stealing, but the only difference between this and say, Amazon, is that Amazon alerts you to a X business day delay whereas Steam promises the item immediately. This is a fair point, but incredibly pedantic. You did not pay more for the immediate delivery, in fact you paid less than any other place would charge for shipping (barring some kind of free shipping deal). Furthermore, you avoided sales tax. If anything, you are supposed to be receiving an instant product for less cost than that same product to be shipped to you.

So then you called NCSoft and your contact their told you that Steam has this problem 24/7 with most of their games. Well, for the sake of argument, I'll accept for a moment that someone did say that to you. Regardless of what you were told and who told that to you, it is a flat out lie. I own 76 games on Steam - and I'm certain that there are many people who own many more than that - and this is the first time that this has happened to any of my games. The only time that anything came close was when Ubi's servers were down and I couldn't play R6:V2 for a few hours. If this problem was happening all day every day with most games, then no one would ever use this service for anything.

I'll just skip the rest of your second post because this is getting way too long here.

To briefly address your third post:

Actually I won't. I'm not sure I have the ready proof handy to demonstrate the counterpoints to the claims that my "mom pays for everything" or that I "collect money from sucking trolls off", whatever that means. I'm not sure what ad hominem attacks have to do with this, but feel free to go on making them.

I bow before my king

PS : To avoid forgetting the base subject : Same error, Failed to contact key server
Old 05-06-2010, 08:21 AM   #35
cmwitham

Look guy ... that idiot kept making remarks about my comments in forums yes I did respond back and as for steam having no support they don't some email that takes days to respond we have already started the petition against this company so thanks for you input but you will clearly see that this issue is just not with me it is with a lot of people who wasted there time and money... so waste your time talking , Please 76 games bet you have a life now don't you I bought this game twice for my son it was his birthday but I am sure you could careless about but any who what does steam do for the people who wait for there purchase? Nothing they give them a quick respond that says "were working on it" Or send you a email saying its your computer "its your fault" excuse me if I am out of line for saying this but that's BULL its a easy way out for them to just put the issue aside for the time being until the issue gets so bad all they get is spam from it as far as I'm concerned guild wars is not a very popular game so I am sure who ever has the issue is just right here instead of defending your perfect steam that gives what they promise to you go ahead and drop them a message since they respond back to your kissing non-sense. Good day Back to work for me! done with these forums!
Old 05-06-2010, 08:25 AM   #36
djnmahalaleel

Quote:
Look guy ... that idiot kept making remarks about my comments in forums yes I did respond back and as for steam having no support they don't some email that takes days to respond we have already started the petition against this company so thanks for you input but you will clearly see that this issue is just not with me it is with a lot of people who wasted there time and money... so waste your time talking , Please 76 games bet you have a life now don't you I bought this game twice for my son it was his birthday but I am sure you could careless about but any who what does steam do for the people who wait for there purchase? Nothing they give them a quick respond that says "were working on it" Or send you a email saying its your computer "its your fault" excuse me if I am out of line for saying this but that's BULL its a easy way out for them to just put the issue aside for the time being until the issue gets so bad all they get is spam from it as far as I'm concerned guild wars is not a very popular game so I am sure who ever has the issue is just right here instead of defending your perfect steam that gives what they promise to you go ahead and drop them a message since they respond back to your kissing non-sense. Good day Back to work for me! done with these forums!
Have a nice day!

Also, still not working. Maybe we should *cough* sign his "petition"?
Old 05-06-2010, 08:40 AM   #37
Mxthe

I rarely have problems with steam...

When I do, its generally fixed within 2 days...

Which is NEVER the case when you have to wait for an official patch.

Steam, is In my opinion, the best gaming platform system there is, and I do trust it.

Its a matter of time before this problem is fixed.

It is annoying to wait, but I know they will fix it...

To sign a petition against a company ?

What...do you REALLY think they will go bankrupt, or just close the company because you signed for it ?

Dude...Don't make me laugh...

PS : If we have so MANY games, what don't we just play them while we wait ?

Lets play some SERIOUS SAM HD ! Or left 4 dead, or whatever while we wait...
Old 05-06-2010, 09:27 AM   #38
bewareofthecow

same boat

I also cannot play the game I have purchased yesterday. Is there any word yet on when these keys will be made available? or should I dispute the charge through my credit card company?
Old 05-06-2010, 09:31 AM   #39
djnmahalaleel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bewareofthecow View Post
I also cannot play the game I have purchased yesterday. Is there any word yet on when these keys will be made available? or should I dispute the charge through my credit card company?
Ignoring the troll's stupid rants, this is still a fair point. I sent a message through Steam Support this morning, and I'm waiting for a response. We should at least have some kind of update letting us know that they are working with NCSoft to get more keys or something. If not an ETA, then at least some further acknowledgment of the problem.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:33 AM   #40
Mxthe

The dude from valve said : "We are looking into it"

It means, they are looking into it...

Just wait...It hurts..But wait
Old 05-06-2010, 09:34 AM   #41
moofer43

Quote:
Ignoring the troll's stupid rants, this is still a fair point. I sent a message through Steam Support this morning, and I'm waiting for a response. We should at least have some kind of update letting us know that they are working with NCSoft to get more keys or something. If not an ETA, then at least some further acknowledgment of the problem.
Don't expect much, I sent in a question about an ETA and if I could a refund. They just responded by sending me a link to the very unhelpful "Could not connect to key server help page" and told me that no, I can't be refunded my money. I don't think they really give 2 s about 3rd party games so we're pretty screwed for the time being.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:52 AM   #42
krallice

Quote:
Seriously? I can't read a word you just wrote due to your obnoxious, arrogant, and languorous absence of any punctuation WHATSOEVER. Hurry back to your 3rd grade English class, now.

But seriously... I'm having this problem and it is making me very jarateed. Why, Steam? WHY?
krallice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:03 AM   #43
Mxthe

Stop feeding the troll...

Lets focus on complaining about the main problem here, so someone will fix it!
Old 05-06-2010, 10:10 AM   #44
djnmahalaleel

Just got this response from Support:

"A staff member has replied to your question:

Hello Dan, Thank you for contacting Steam Support. Thank you for taking the time to report this issue. We are aware of the problem and are investigating the issue further. For news regarding the latest updates and patches, please check the SteamPowered News page: http://store.steampowered.com/news/"

Not really what I was hoping for. Steam, we are all aware that you are working on the issue, its details like an ETA that we want.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:23 AM   #45
krallice

Quote:
Just got this response from Support:

"A staff member has replied to your question:

Hello Dan, Thank you for contacting Steam Support. Thank you for taking the time to report this issue. We are aware of the problem and are investigating the issue further. For news regarding the latest updates and patches, please check the SteamPowered News page: http://store.steampowered.com/news/"

Not really what I was hoping for. Steam, we are all aware that you are working on the issue, its details like an ETA that we want.
I just contacted them too... Well, at least they're gonna fix it. I was just hoping I could start up GW today. Dang.
krallice is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Guild Wars