Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sid Meier's Civilization series

Old 05-07-2010, 12:34 AM   #1
StupidWeasel

Regarding Civ 5 and Steamworks

Does steamworks being built into Civ5 mean there is a possibility that it will appear on the Retail CD Key list? I share this household with 4 other heavy internet users - so buying a physical retail copy (and still getting all the steamworks features!) would be excellent and save me quite a headache.

With that said, it does not normally stop me buying steam games on special offer and sapping up more then my "fair share" of bandwidth. I only get away with it because I pay the bills
Old 05-07-2010, 04:56 AM   #2
Edward To

I'm pretty sure Civ 5 will be on that list, as using Steamworks means that is how its DRM and game registration is managed.
Edward To is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:23 AM   #3
StupidWeasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward To View Post
I'm pretty sure Civ 5 will be on that list, as using Steamworks means that is how its DRM and game registration is managed.
Excellent, I hope I can avoid a massive download then. Games are just so BIG these days (and gosh, that sentence makes me feel old). What happened to the days of swapping cassettes or floppies to play a game... well actually I'm glad I don't have to do that any more . 60gb/month between 5 people though is rather painful - especially with all the lovely things to waste bandwidth on
StupidWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:32 PM   #4
spyrochaete

It's pretty much guaranteed that Civ 5 will require Steam, but buying it on disk will save you the download.
spyrochaete is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sid Meier's Civilization series