Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Massive Assault series

Old 05-09-2010, 12:44 PM   #1
Kossimer

The Differences Between the Games?

Hi, I've recently become addicted to the demo version of MAN2 and will probably buy one of the MA games. I'm having trouble determining the differences between the games though. I want to buy the most recent one of the three if each one is a sequel to the other. It seem like PR might be a content pack since the third game is MA "2". This info would be very helpful to me, so thanks.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:54 AM   #2
btallas

Massive Assault Network 2 is the only one being supported (since it's played online). The other 2 are basically single player games. If you were to buy just one, buy Massive Assault Network 2. Me personally, I'm waiting for the package to go on sale.
btallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:44 PM   #3
Kossimer

So is MA a single player version and MAN2 is a multiplayer version?
I know devs did this wit The Ship. Only, MAN2 was made a bit after MA, so shouldn't it be more up-to-date?
Kossimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:17 AM   #4
btallas

Yes, MAN2 is more up to date as it's the only version that's currently being supported. It is an online game but you can play against the AI anytime you want (at least you can in the demo). I've personally quit playing the demo as I don't wanna get burned out on the game before buying the pack (if it ever goes on sale).
btallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:44 AM   #5
ZanyCynic

I bought Phantom Renaissance and there is a - sort of - campaign. You get more and more difficult preset situations to solve.
If you like that type - like chess problems - give it a try.
ZanyCynic is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Massive Assault series