Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source > CSS Beta

Old 05-11-2010, 05:30 PM   #1
srvrsyde

Banned
my thoughts on beta...from youtube videos

i didn't get into the limited beta, but i did see some youtube videos and there are some things i don't like about the new update.

1. i don't like the way some of the badges look. they look too kiddy and whenever i think counter-strike i think countering a strike against some terrorists. not earning a fxcking star that looks like laughy-taffy. i would rather have some badges\rewards\whatever that look battle worn and dangerous.

0:03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCUwVZuDuCY

2. the "killcam" is bullshxt, when i think killcam, i think call of duty. i hated the killcam in TF2 and that's exactly what this new update is bringing to CS:S. i would much rather have a little recording of what was actually done, that way i can learn from my mistake and learn how he killed me. not just a still image of the killer moving away.

1:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtPE5XBR054

3. lastly, i don't like the achievement sounds. it's the exact same from TF2. CS:S should have it's own unique sounds, sights, and feels to it. that's why it's counter-strike and not team fortress 2. i think counter-strike achievement sound should be specific to the side you're on, i.e counter terrorists have a unique sound that remind you of police or american military, while the terrorists have a sound that remind you of the middle east or terrorists.

2:15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpmedTpYtPA

the update looks good to me, i just don't want to have it like TF2. i already have TF2, i don't need a second one.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:43 PM   #2
Hug_an_Emo

Most of these changes don't effect gameplay at all. And now that the game is on a newer engine, the graphics will be a bit better, and it will most likely run a bit smoother. I think a lot of people are crying over nothing.
Hug_an_Emo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:44 PM   #3
Freyar

And yet we still see many servers throwing out Quake and Unreal sounds.
Freyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:48 PM   #4
srvrsyde

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hug_an_Emo View Post
Most of these changes don't effect gameplay at all. And now that the game is on a newer engine, the graphics will be a bit better, and it will most likely run a bit smoother. I think a lot of people are crying over nothing.
true, my complaints are merely about the aesthetics. i didn't know that it was on a new engine though, i thought the graphics looked amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyar View Post
And yet we still see many servers throwing out Quake and Unreal sounds.
what do you mean? "throwing out" as in putting them on the server or taking them off?
srvrsyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:48 PM   #5
Freyar

As in hosting.
Freyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:53 PM   #6
dekstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvrsyde View Post
1. i don't like the way some of the badges look. they look too kiddy and whenever i think counter-strike i think countering a strike against some terrorists. not earning a fxcking star that looks like laughy-taffy. i would rather have some badges\rewards\whatever that look battle worn and dangerous.

2. the "killcam" is bullshxt, when i think killcam, i think call of duty. i hated the killcam in TF2 and that's exactly what this new update is bringing to CS:S. i would much rather have a little recording of what was actually done, that way i can learn from my mistake and learn how he killed me. not just a still image of the killer moving away.

3. lastly, i don't like the achievement sounds. it's the exact same from TF2. CS:S should have it's own unique sounds, sights, and feels to it. that's why it's counter-strike and not team fortress 2. i think counter-strike achievement sound should be specific to the side you're on, i.e counter terrorists have a unique sound that remind you of police or american military, while the terrorists have a sound that remind you of the middle east or terrorists.
1. I agree, but as this is a beta, it's more probable that they're just place-holders while the team works out the coding kinks.

2. You can turn the kill-cam off. It's in the options, under multiplayer/disable freezecam

3. The sights/sounds (like TF2 bomb explosions) are place-holders, used because TF2 is the other multiplayer game on the Orangebox engine. Once the bugs have been worked out, it'll no doubt get a graphical make-over to be more CSS-like.
dekstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:53 PM   #7
ZeroSignal

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvrsyde View Post
ESC>Options>Multiplayer>Advanced turn off freeze cam

Enjoy!
ZeroSignal is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source > CSS Beta