Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Stargate Resistance

Old 05-11-2010, 10:40 PM   #1
spiderbones7

Question Worth buying despite bad recieve?

Heya guys, I was wondering if this is still worth buying at all? I know the developers have has some financial issues and the game has been deemed by a lot of people as crap, but I'm really interested in it, it looks pretty good, and I don't need a polished graphically amazing game to be satisfied, as long as the game play is half way fun..

I've seen it being updated heaps on Steam. So that obviously means the developers have gotten some time and money together and brought out some patches yeah? It's not a dead game yet right?

Should I think about buying this?
Old 05-12-2010, 08:03 AM   #2
Centy

Honestly I would say no especially if you live outside the US. It's had nothing but poor reviews for a reason.
Centy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:15 AM   #3
spiderbones7

Ah ok, thanks for the advice, I live in Australia, so yeah :P
spiderbones7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:36 AM   #4
morten8035

I just gave SGR a second chance. First when I got it and played it for the first time I got so disappointed. I have never been that disappointed before.
And now I gave the game a second chance. And guess what, the game got worse(Yeah it's possible). 200sec respawn, is that a joke?
---
Sorry to be evil, but this is just how I feel.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:56 PM   #5
Wraiths_Viepyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by morten8035 View Post
I just gave SGR a second chance. First when I got it and played it for the first time I got so disappointed. I have never been that disappointed before.
And now I gave the game a second chance. And guess what, the game got worse(Yeah it's possible). 200sec respawn, is that a joke?
---
First I'd like to say that while SG:R isn't the best game ever made it IS pretty fun until the sides get unbalanced and you start getting PWN'd. But that 200 sec respawn time is for the new match mode arena. If you read the patch notes it explains what that is all about fairly well, then the new map also has a Team Deathmatch mode which is the same as the other map that has it. But other than a few tweaks, better Ashrak, Sniper aiming, no bunnyhopping under the Goa'uld hand device and such, it's getting better.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:12 AM   #6
bctrainers

Quote:
Originally Posted by morten8035 View Post
---
That 200 or so second spawn timer is arena mode - as previously mentioned in the post above. Leonops as well has a TDM mode. Arena is one life per round - you die, you get to wait. May the best team win over three team wins.
bctrainers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:34 AM   #7
Kradath

The game really is not the best and I would only recommend it to those who really have a heart for stargate.
Kradath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:01 PM   #8
Centy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kradath View Post
The game really is not the best and I would only recommend it to those who really have a heart for stargate.
Game quality is one thing and although I consider it deeply lacking in content and polish thats not why I keep telling people outside of the US to avoid it. It's the technical issues of connecting to servers in the US for virtually the rest of the world it's just to far with pings of about 200-500 and that's just unplayable anyone who says it is is just deluded.
Centy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:21 PM   #9
FS_Khestral

Centy have you played it lately? We have done stuff to repair those connections and are in fact very close to putting servers in the UK as well... I also know that a large amount of our players are from the UK...
Old 05-19-2010, 10:50 PM   #10
spiderbones7

I'm not the hugest Stargate fan, I mean I really like it, but I'm not a massive fan. I don't mind if the game is extremely rough around the edges.. but like. I do live in Australia, and I'd probably get a terrible ping connecting to US servers. So I take it only the company hosts the servers? Or could a dedicated one be set up in Australia?
Old 05-27-2010, 09:26 AM   #11
spiderbones7

Are the servers official only? Or can anyone host?

Does anybody even care about this game anymore? Doesn't look like it judging by the lack of replies.. which is a shame because it looks so promising.. but still, I'm not going to part with cash till I'm convinced it's not as bad as %90 of people have been saying it is.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:04 AM   #12
0xDEADC0DE

I don't really know how developers can think that making centralized servers without dedicated server support could be a smart idea unless their game is the latest CoD (and even then, believe me, on PC it's an awful idea).

Give PC players a dedicated server to run and you'll never have problems regarding servers location. Oh and... it's free!
0xDEADC0DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:23 PM   #13
d10sfan

Personally, I would say instead of buying this game, buy Garry's Mod and install avon's Stargate mod. It has the features of this "game" and much much more. Plus, there are some servers online I believe for a rp stargate mode.
d10sfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:00 AM   #14
FS_Khestral

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xDEADC0DE View Post
I don't really know how developers can think that making centralized servers without dedicated server support could be a smart idea unless their game is the latest CoD (and even then, believe me, on PC it's an awful idea).

Give PC players a dedicated server to run and you'll never have problems regarding servers location. Oh and... it's free!
Just to ease your minds, this is on the top of more then one list
Old 06-03-2010, 09:08 PM   #15
CoMus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS_Khestral View Post
Just to ease your minds, this is on the top of more then one list
Good to know as an Australian gamer this is impossible to play on the US servers.
CoMus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Stargate Resistance