Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam for Mac > Source games

Old 05-12-2010, 01:15 PM   #1
BKoala

Lightbulb Let's Make A Good Impression

Let's give a big thanks to Valve for porting Steam to the Mac. On that note as Mac users let's refrain from laying into them regarding Source game releases. They will come in due time, they've committed to our platform of choice so cut them some slack. Complaining about things at this juncture in time is going to serve no purpose and only make us look like a$$hats. Time to rise above pettiness and show them we are an asset to the Steam community, not an ungrateful annoyance.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:18 PM   #2
Neotyguy40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKoala View Post
Let's give a big thanks to Valve for porting Steam to the Mac. On that note as Mac users let's refrain from laying into them regarding Source game releases. They will come in due time, they've committed to our platform of choice so cut them some slack. Complaining about things at this juncture in time is going to serve no purpose and only make us look like a$$hats. Time to rise above pettiness and show them we are an asset to the Steam community, not an ungrateful annoyance.
I'm just glad they've got Steam itself out now.

Valve time is obviously not always true
Neotyguy40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:34 PM   #3
FroggySwede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neotyguy40 View Post
Valve time is obviously not always true
Yes it is. They said their full catalog would be available in April. This is a May release, with many of their titles missing. I'm not saying I'm not THRILLED to have Steam available for Mac! I really am! But let's not act like Valve walks on water now... they still fell quite short of the expectations they set initially. Let's hope it's not a sign of how future releases will be handled!

Last edited by FroggySwede: 05-12-2010 at 01:54 PM. Reason: fixed typo (may->many)
Old 05-12-2010, 01:53 PM   #4
koCO78

Quote:
You can not tell a drug addict going to give him co**** and then offer
a candy. Well, Valve has done something similar with Gammers; Bring to your
mouth L4D2/HL/Counter and then offer "Trijinx" (what the hell??)

It is a good start, and I am very excited to be able to play without
bootcamp through Steam (bravo!), but I had preferred to wait 1 week
more if this means a start with the big ones.

bye!

Last edited by koCO78: 05-12-2010 at 02:31 PM.
koCO78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:20 PM   #5
EiNZTEiN

Quote:

WOW, you read my mind! These forums are already filled with filth and crazy- PC people so why not set the example now that we have access to the platform and I'm sure more developers will see this as an opportunity to develop for the Mac.

I'd like to see more competitive prices on Steam though. But that applies even on the PC side (eg. Football Manager 2010: 49.90€ (Steam) & $30 (~23€ on eSellerate). :S

But overall, welcome to the light, Valve!

~Levi F
EiNZTEiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:31 PM   #6
envirovore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FroggySwede View Post
Yes it is. They said their full catalog would be available in April. This is a May release, with many of their titles missing. I'm not saying I'm not THRILLED to have Steam available for Mac! I really am! But let's not act like Valve walks on water now... they still fell quite short of the expectations they set initially. Let's hope it's not a sign of how future releases will be handled!
Heh, welcome to the hell us Windows users have been dealing with since day one with Valve.

Valve time is universal. Doesn't matter what OS or platform it's for.

Otherwise, glad to see this go live for the OSX users finally, hope it goes well and you enjoy all Steam has to offer. All we need is a Linux client...
envirovore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:39 PM   #7
sketch7

Is waiting for something really that much of an issue? It always surprises me when gamers talk about being 'put through hell' because you had to wait six months to play something.

Listened to Kotaku Talk Radio for the first time today, mainly because they'd interview Sid Meir, and he made the point that no company intentionally delays a game. They want to get it out and they'll be killing themselves to get it done, because the entire time it's being worked on it's costing them a fortune. Game companies are not staffed by lazy people who might work on the game, maybe, if they can be bothered, and they certainly aren't run by people like that.

Then the forums fill up with people moaning and complaining because they had to wait a while for the new title.

On another note, I remember reading somewhere that Linux is coming, so they are working on it.
sketch7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:23 PM   #8
TimberRattler76

I'm grateful, I just hope my imac will run TF2!

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam for Mac > Source games