Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 05-12-2010, 02:21 PM   #1
cele

Banned
WHY STEAM DOESN'T WORK?

there are 1 week this doesn't working.
I want to play my games... i open steam, at the login i waiting for (15minutes?) and later it said "Steam - Error:
Could not connect to Steam network - this could be due to a problem with your internet connection, or with the steam network. please visit www.steampowered.com for more info."
you can't tell me it's a steam problem becouse NO one had this problems, only me.
I tried to delete clientregistery.blob but when trying to download this block at 33 or 50 %
WHAT CAN I DO? NO ONE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM?
Old 05-12-2010, 02:32 PM   #2
Sierra Oscar

Volunteer Moderator
Have you had a read over this FAQ?
Sierra Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:09 PM   #3
wakko701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra Oscar View Post
Have you had a read over this FAQ?
I am having the same issue on both Mac/Bootcamp/PC. I have read the aformentioned FAQ and it does not help. In addition, I have tried deleting the file posted in other threads and does not help.

Steam was working for me earlier and is not working now. I can't help but think this is a Steam issue and not a computer/network one as I have not changed any settings since I last successfully played on steam.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:08 PM   #4
GestorterEngel

Why do you even bother posting the FAQ for people when you clearly know there are TONS of people and TONS of posts out there telling you we have the same problem AND NOTHING WORKS TO FIX IT, NOT EVEN REFORMATTING. It's A STEAM PROBLEM. It has NOTHING to do with us. STEAM broke something in their update and has YET to fix it. People have been trying every possible fix and some get theirs to work, but the majority of us have not. Going on a week now with no Steam because of this. I'm ready to start demanding money for the games I cannot play.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:33 PM   #5
cele

Banned
you are wrong, no one had post my error, i am the one with that error, and why all my friends are playing without problems? they don't have steam broke...?
cele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:40 PM   #6
Redd_Reptile

this man/woman tells it like it is.

Before this miserable update I could connect to steam and play my games any time I wanted to, now its not even going to let me to my library and friends.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:48 AM   #7
Sir_Lagalot

It seems I am having the same issue steam was working fine just before this update, now I get steam could not connect to the steam network. So what has changed? Is it using different ports now? Cause I had it configured and working before. The last thing I did was click the free Portal offer until the 24th or whatever it said, been like since then.

I just uninstalled & reinstalled steam too, and lost all my installed games, freed up about 32gb of space when I did that, and it still don't work, kinda angry would have to download everything again.

Last edited by Sir_Lagalot: 05-14-2010 at 02:51 AM.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:50 PM   #8
GestorterEngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cele View Post
you are wrong, no one had post my error, i am the one with that error, and why all my friends are playing without problems? they don't have steam broke...?
No, I am not wrong. As others have stated below, if you read the reads there and in the other sections you'd know tons of people are having this problem. Please search next time. We've been having this problem going for over a week now.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:21 PM   #9
Tozan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GestorterEngel View Post
Why do you even bother posting the FAQ for people when you clearly know there are TONS of people and TONS of posts out there telling you we have the same problem AND NOTHING WORKS TO FIX IT, NOT EVEN REFORMATTING. It's A STEAM PROBLEM. It has NOTHING to do with us. STEAM broke something in their update and has YET to fix it. People have been trying every possible fix and some get theirs to work, but the majority of us have not. Going on a week now with no Steam because of this. I'm ready to start demanding money for the games I cannot play.
Truly is distressing when steam won't run no matter what
we try to do now its time to look at the fonts in case
there is a corrupt font in windows Vista causing conflict
with the steam client and making steam hang. For mine
is not a blocked steam port issue.

Last edited by Tozan: 06-17-2012 at 07:25 PM.
Tozan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:48 PM   #10
CTRL ALT DEL !

Try to login on a different computer to confirm whether it is account or computer related issue.
CTRL ALT DEL ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:11 PM   #11
Tozan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRL ALT DEL ! View Post
Try to login on a different computer to confirm whether it is account or computer related issue.
Why Can't Value simply release a download of the beta
client so we offliners can beable to log online and USE STEAM
if the normal client is having too many problems trying
to connect us online due to all these freezes and bad crashes.

That's what's keeping us all offline. All the crashing.

Support already said that my steam account was fine so
its not an account issue either, its something to do
with this client ever since it was updated its not been
functioning right ever since. That's why we need
to download the beta client.

Last edited by Tozan: 06-18-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Tozan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips