Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life

Old 05-13-2010, 08:37 PM   #1
l4nd0fc0nfu510n

Banned
Reactor Room only Floods Half-way?

Spoilers!

I have activated both the pump things, and I tried to flood the Reactor Core, but the water only rises Half-way. Both of the little valves have green lights, but I cannot reach the ladders that I need to get to, because the water doesn't rise enough. I'm in the Lambda Complex.

Thanks.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:21 PM   #2
HL_Maniac

You need to use one valve and wait for the water to rise before using the other one.

As far as I remember, this has always been the case. I suppose it should be considered a bug.
HL_Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:42 AM   #3
l4nd0fc0nfu510n

Banned
Thanks for the response! I've been trying for awhile. I opened a valve, then immediately afterward opened the other one (I thought you had to open both before one of them closed). I also Opened one, swam around for a couple minutes, and then opened the other (Which did nothing; no water came in.)

I have gone back to check to make sure I did actually turn on everything; I turned on everything, I don't know why it's not working.
l4nd0fc0nfu510n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:01 AM   #4
Dragonsbrethren

Yeah, it's a bug, I've run into it once or twice before. The only thing you can do is load an earlier save or noclip to get where you need to.
Dragonsbrethren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:06 AM   #5
l4nd0fc0nfu510n

Banned
Alright, thanks!
l4nd0fc0nfu510n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:52 PM   #6
stesmi

I just passed that point myself and remembering this thread I decided to just open them both as fast as possible and while the water rises to different levels (tried a few times) it always rises high enough for me to reach the ladder.
stesmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:36 PM   #7
green_meklar

I don't recall ever having a problem with this either. If it still happens regardless of how long you wait to open the second valve, or what order you open the valves in, then I guess your only real option is probably to noclip by. Or, if you want to do it legit and you don't mind wasting mines, you might be able to climb it with the mines (I forget how far it is though...might be too far for that).
green_meklar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:05 AM   #8
gorpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_meklar View Post
I don't recall ever having a problem with this either. If it still happens regardless of how long you wait to open the second valve, or what order you open the valves in, then I guess your only real option is probably to noclip by. Or, if you want to do it legit and you don't mind wasting mines, you might be able to climb it with the mines (I forget how far it is though...might be too far for that).
As far as I'm concerned, using cheat codes to get around a glitch isn't cheating (not saying you're saying it is, meklar).
gorpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:21 AM   #9
green_meklar

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned, using cheat codes to get around a glitch isn't cheating (not saying you're saying it is, meklar).
Fight fire with fire, huh? Yeah, I can understand where you're coming from. I dunno, maybe I just like mine climbing. The mines are seldom useful for anything else in singleplayer. :P
green_meklar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:21 PM   #10
gorpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_meklar View Post
Fight fire with fire, huh? Yeah, I can understand where you're coming from. I dunno, maybe I just like mine climbing. The mines are seldom useful for anything else in singleplayer. :P
I don't know. For some reason when I see mines on the wall, the first thing that comes to mind is NOT climbing them... (Though now that I've been here for awhile, the idea at least occurs to me.)

Kinda like grenades in HL2. My first thought is "run!", instead of "gravity gun--throw it back".

Oh, and I do mean using cheats to get around a glitch isn't cheating. If you know it's a glitch. If you've tried to get it to work and you're so frustrated you're ready to throw the computer out the window, etc. Or whatever.
gorpie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life