Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > X2: The Threat & X3: The Reunion

Old 05-17-2010, 09:26 AM   #1
Shiny-Crowbar

[X3TC]Best sector to settle in?

So I've been thinking about settling in a sector with some trading posts,(All complexes and factories are set on the least visited sectors to avoid attention.)PHQ and support structures around it for fleet production.So traffic is necessary and also it has to be defendable incase of an enemy incursion.(I plan to take on Split and Paranid at a later date.)(Rocks are not of a problem since I literally have a fleet of miners awaiting command.) I'm putting the rest in spoiler tags incase any of you may find out something you don't want to.

Spoiler:

So I've been scouting around Argon territory but failed to find any valuable sector which fit to what I've discovered above.President's End was tempting but the debris makes a bit dangerous for ships and gives less space to put PHQ and support structures around it.

Then I moved to Unknown sector 3-15 (Near Great Reef).It has 1 gate which means entire traffic will be routed through it and it will be a pain to move bigger ships like m2s and m1s through it.It is relatively small and defendable with big ships but it will generate the collision threat while I'm in the sector.

I'm currently friendly towards all races except Kha'ak,Xenon and some pirate ships.So I'll be grateful if you share what you know.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:35 PM   #2
Zloth

You have the PHQ so you must have the hub, right?
Zloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:47 PM   #3
Shiny-Crowbar

Yes all of them are available atm.Though when I posted I was still trying to gather 75k Microchips but now all is done.
Shiny-Crowbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:47 AM   #4
omtek

Once I get my PHQ, I plan on setting up in Avarice I think. Quick access to a jump drive dock (OTAS HQ) as well as <5 jumps to any of the major races. Not that much clutter, so it won't be laggy to start (though v2.7 took care of my lag problems with the reintroduction of LAA.)

If you look on the egosoft forums, a lot of players choose Avarice for their PHQ home base as well. It's a nice central location, fairly quiet, little to no hostile traffic, two big ore and silicon roids for mines, and enough NPC trade traffic to purchase your goods (if desired) to fund war effort.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:13 PM   #5
heagar

i agree with omtek i set up my home sector in avarice altho i dont know when or how to get it to be avarice. i remember reading somewhere about buying it kinda weird to buy a sector just take it by force its empty save for a few station debris and cluster of small yeild astroids and a large of both.. besides that its huge

Need to fix my complex tho might stupid autopolit likes to go around everything altho they could move like 50m to the left and be out of harms way lol my complex is quite small only 7 or 8 stations
heagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:24 PM   #6
&T: Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by heagar View Post
i agree with omtek i set up my home sector in avarice altho i dont know when or how to get it to be avarice. i remember reading somewhere about buying it kinda weird to buy a sector just take it by force its empty save for a few station debris and cluster of small yeild astroids and a large of both.. besides that its huge

Need to fix my complex tho might stupid autopolit likes to go around everything altho they could move like 50m to the left and be out of harms way lol my complex is quite small only 7 or 8 stations
It was known as Avarice in reunion, and was purchasable if you had sufficient funds early in the game. In TC its name was removed and is not available for purchase. But why let a little thing like that stop you from moving into the neighbourhood?
&T: Source is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > X2: The Threat & X3: The Reunion