Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Men of War series

Old 05-18-2010, 02:55 AM   #1
djsatane

Exclamation Dear Valve & 1C, whats the status on 1.17.5.x patch?

Hello,

I am one of many Men of War owners who bought their copy on Steam. We are stuck on patch 1.11.3 for a long time now.

Now, as everyone is aware there is official patch released 1.17.5 and 1.17.5.1(hotfix) for all owners of Men of War *EXCEPT* the people who bought the game on steam. There are no updates for the game on steam and there is no official word anywhere that one can find about it.

So here it is, 1C and/or Valve whats the status on 1.17.5.x patch for Men of War for steam version of the game? When will it be released?

Its been almost a month now since these patches were released for everyone else but steam version owners. Are steam owners neglected for a reason? Are we not important enough?

Thanks for your time.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:08 PM   #2
ludov

1.17.5 is not released on Steam because it is NOT an official release still, but rather still another beta patch that just so happen to be used by widely everyone.

The reason it is not distributed on steam is that 1.17.5 is not distributed on the official Men of War webpage either.

You rather have to download it from their forums here, and gamereplay also has a guide for how to patch it for Steam user.

To download the patch: http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums...php?f=9&t=4687

To show you even non-steam user haven't got an "official" mean to download it, here's the Men of War's own website update page. http://www.menofwargame.com/mow/updates.phtml

Valve is in this for nothing, if you need to complain to someone do so to 1C and Best Way who handles the patching of the game.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:10 PM   #3
djsatane

Actually ludov, developers on dms forums have stated that the patches been sent to valve and yes 1.17.5.1 is official patch thats released. I have posted on 1C forums with regards and people have asked 1C to update men of war official website for quite a while, the site was even down for while.
djsatane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:27 PM   #4
ludov

Ahh, my pardons. I haven't had time to follow things as I could otherwise have recently.

Though I think I heard 1.17.5 is supposed to remove the DRM from the patch, which could be interesting for the future patches.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:19 AM   #5
djsatane

Well unfortunately according to dms posts reasons for patch not being out on steam are some securom sync issues and thus the patch obviously still have some drm? not sure. Further latest is 1.17.5.1 (which is 1.17.5 + hotfix)
djsatane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:31 PM   #6
leobox1

WHERE IS THE PATCH have been waiting for? A YEAR?
Old 05-20-2010, 06:23 PM   #7
sweatie6920

This is not good at all, wish steam would pressure people a bit to say we aint selling broken games.

Last edited by sweatie6920: 05-20-2010 at 06:23 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-07-2010, 11:44 PM   #8
WinslowJinga

Uh, I've got the steam version and the test patch is working PERFECTLY.
You guys sure you installed things in the right order? Make sure you run outfront_mp after you install.
WinslowJinga is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Men of War series