Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Star Wars collection > Knights of the Old Republic Series

Old 05-19-2010, 02:20 PM   #1
Ragdoll_Knight

Windowed mode?

I'm a big fan of playing my PC games windowed, as it allows me to multitask (internet TV mostly, but other things too ) Does anyone know if its possible to set KotOR into Windowed Mode instead of Full Screen?

Old 05-19-2010, 06:19 PM   #2
DinoThrasher

Go to "C:\ProgamFiles\Steam\Steamapps\Common\swkotor \"

In there you'll find a config file named "swkotor". If you scroll down about halfway there is a line that says "fullscreen=1". Change the 1 to a 0 and save the file. The game should now run in windowed mode.
DinoThrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:40 PM   #3
JamieKirby1981

now-a-days, you have to run it in windowed mode or it will minimize and crash after the lucasarts logo, i guess they wanted to know what company made this game that doesn't work. lol j/k
JamieKirby1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:49 AM   #4
Bardnoon

I have changed the 1 to 0 for Fullscreen in the cfg file and the game is still is not windowed. I tried changing the resolution of both the game and my desktop but it still doesn't work. Any suggestion? I am running the game in Windows XP btw. Thanks.
Bardnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 03:02 PM   #5
JackM

The file you should edit is named swkotor.ini, not swkotor.cfg, and the FullScreen line you must modify is located in [Graphics Options] section. Note also that you must use a standard text editor, like Notepad, to perform this modification.
JackM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:39 PM   #6
Mythos

Even after changing the fullscreen value from 1 to 0, you may still need to hit Alt+Enter after starting the game to switch to Windowed Mode.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:22 AM   #7
c4andmore

Do this as above:

In there you'll find a config file named "swkotor". If you scroll down about halfway there is a line that says "fullscreen=1". Change the 1 to a 0 and save the file. The game should now run in windowed mode.

But add this also to the [Graphics Options] section (same section you did the fullscreen=1 note):

AllowWindowedMode=1

Worked for me.
c4andmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:23 PM   #8
Bardnoon

The Alt+Enter thing didn't work for me but thank you c4andmore, the additional command line works! Awesome.
Bardnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:23 PM   #9
occono

I did all the above tricks so I could play it windowed, it didn't work. Hitting Alt+Enter just goes to another tab. I have Windows 7 64bit.....anyone have any other ideas? (But it's no big deal, of course...)

Last edited by occono: 05-26-2011 at 06:36 PM.
occono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:23 PM   #10
darth_lopez

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4andmore View Post
Do this as above:

But add this also to the [Graphics Options] section (same section you did the fullscreen=1 note):

AllowWindowedMode=1

Worked for me.

This worked for me
darth_lopez is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Star Wars collection > Knights of the Old Republic Series