Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Tool Discussions > Source SDK General Discussion

Old 05-25-2010, 12:14 AM   #1
GreyTeamLeader

Portal Wall???

This is just a is it possible question. I was hoping it was possible to make a entire wall a portal. So it acts like the portals in Portal where objects weapon fire and can go through. Now I know you can use teleporter but it just does have that seamless teleport like portals. If you have to program it in somewhere I'm not sure how or the where. My original idea was to make the TARDIS from Doctor Who. The TARDIS is a time machine and space ship. Its disguised like a 1960's police box so its smaller on the outside then it really is on the inside. So I wanted to make this in TF2 and Gmod where it sits in a field and you step into it.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:25 AM   #2
z33ky

You need custom code to do it. I doubt it's possible in TF2, but I've seen a half-way decent working portal gun for Garry's Mod, so you can probably get it to work there.
Without understanding of programming you probably can't do this yourself though. And since you're asking I'm guessing you have none or just little.
You could try asking at the Facepunch forums.
z33ky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:28 AM   #3
GreyTeamLeader

Quote:
Originally Posted by z33ky View Post
You need custom code to do it. I doubt it's possible in TF2, but I've seen a half-way decent working portal gun for Garry's Mod, so you can probably get it to work there.
Without understanding of programming you probably can't do this yourself though. And since you're asking I'm guessing you have none or just little.
You could try asking at the Facepunch forums.
Absolutely none!
Old 05-25-2010, 01:11 AM   #4
printme

You could sort of work around it in Hammer.

If it's a small wall, you could create a func_monitor with a custom material, and a teleport in front of it.
It's not shoot-through, but with finetuning the point_camera on the other side you might be able to achieve a believable effect.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Tool Discussions > Source SDK General Discussion