Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Prince of Persia series

Old 05-25-2010, 11:29 AM   #1
chrisdglong

Banned
Another lost sale.

I'm not sure how many sales have been lost due to this online DRM garbage, but they have lost another one from me. I haven't bought a game from them that has used it yet. I would have bought several. Curb the online requirement, Ubisoft, and I'll buy your games again.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:40 AM   #2
Wraithe

I bought SH V since I couldn't give up on that series, but for me they so far lost AC2, The new Settlers and this deluxe package since damn getting both the old prince of persia would have been nice but I decided against supporting DRM beyond my niche sub genre.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:46 AM   #3
chrisdglong

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithe View Post
I bought SH V since I couldn't give up on that series, but for me they so far lost AC2, The new Settlers and this deluxe package since damn getting both the old prince of persia would have been nice but I decided against supporting DRM beyond my niche sub genre.
What is SH V? Probably a noob question, but I am curious.
chrisdglong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:53 AM   #4
kyiori

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdglong View Post
What is SH V? Probably a noob question, but I am curious.
Silent Hunter V.
kyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:55 AM   #5
chrisdglong

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyiori View Post
Silent Hunter V.
Ah, thank you.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:37 PM   #6
joelegecko

Actually, I bought the latest Assassin's Creed, Splinter Cell and Silent Hunter on PC. Ubisoft did its best to make their games casual and they succeeded. They are short, uninteresting ( AC2 was very good though ), not even related to their own franchise's gameplay ( not AC2 again ), expensive and a pain in the with their DRM.
From now on, I'll pass on their games. I love the PoP franchise but I'm no cheap prostitute with daddy issues... I'd love some respect
joelegecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:42 PM   #7
chrisdglong

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelegecko View Post
Actually, I bought the latest Assassin's Creed, Splinter Cell and Silent Hunter on PC. Ubisoft did its best to make their games casual and they succeeded. They are short, uninteresting ( AC2 was very good though ), not even related to their own franchise's gameplay ( not AC2 again ), expensive and a pain in the with their DRM.
From now on, I'll pass on their games. I love the PoP franchise but I'm no cheap prostitute with daddy issues... I'd love some respect
This is hilarious. Great post! +rep for making me laugh.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:55 PM   #8
YoKeR

I bought the delux SCC and I dont have my extra content yet , FU ubi, i will not buy your games any more.
YoKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:16 PM   #9
SayaSe

Oh cry me a river.
SayaSe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:26 PM   #10
chrisdglong

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by SayaSe View Post
Oh cry me a river.
And the personal attacking trolls come rolling in.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:14 PM   #11
quazaarman

To original poster: Same here.

I too, have decided not to support this type of DRM and will not purchase this game. Darn it! Hold fast to your principles, people!! It makes you a stronger person!
quazaarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:18 PM   #12
DarkPGR

Does it really matter in the end? If you are buying the game from a digital distributor like Steam, chances are you have access to a high speed internet connection, so this isn't really an issue.

I love this new DRM, simply because of how upset thieves (aka pirates) are about it, they hate it because it stops zero-day piracy and is a lot harder to circumvent than most other DRM... it affects thieves, but it shouldn't affect any Gamers, at least not Steam customers...
DarkPGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:23 PM   #13
Lyshen

I was thinking of buying the Digital Deluxe package, since I haven't played any of the recent Persia games. However with that DRM, I don't like it at all either... So I'm going to pass.

Good thing is, my friend has the 2 older Prince of Persia games on PS2 so I'll make sure to borrow from him instead. (Haven't used my PS2 in a few years, gotta make sure it works lol)
Old 05-25-2010, 07:26 PM   #14
sethius777

I was about to buy this game, but then i remembered the stupid drm.
sethius777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:48 PM   #15
eydeeb

They shouldn't have a dedicated PoP forum here. They could just copy the Assassin's Creed forum. That one is full of crying about the DRM. Now this one will be as well.
eydeeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Prince of Persia series