Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Blur

Old 06-28-2010, 05:57 PM   #16
HerbertJones

Also, I ended up using the version of x360 hosted on google code, since I never trust anything from an unknown source. (Not that google code is probably any safer. Maybe hopefully by a little margin.)

http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/downloads/list
HerbertJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:12 PM   #17
orglee

Hello,

I have two Saitek PS 2700 game pads. I've set up x360 but whem I'm trying to create split screen game Y key responsible for activating another player isn't working. If I will enter the game using pad my first player controller changes automaticly to pad after pressing plus on keyboard I do have two player but I'm unable to start the game cause both keyboard and pad are somehow assigned to first player and the second one can't do anything like choosing a car.

Best Regards
Old 12-30-2011, 12:49 PM   #18
MercyfulFate_66

Hello. I am new here...and this is my first post, which might be usefull for some other Blur game players.
Great game by the way!

At first i fiddled with the x360ce vibmod tool, which works a bit for my Thrustmaster FireStorm Dual Analogue 3 Gamepad.

When i purchased GTA IV last week i have the same problems, since that game has Xbox Controller only option.

Going through the the GTA forums i found the following, which also works for Blur...and i think will work for any other game that has Xbox controller only support.

Game Pad Not Working...fix "stolen" from the GTA forum.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=762088

An easier fix....which worked for me.

1) The download: http://lcsteam.net/dump/gta4/XBOX.36....emulation.zip
2) Navigate to your SYSTEM32 directory (C:\Windows\System32)
3) BACK UP THE FOLLOWING FILES
- xinput1_3.dll
- xinput1_2.dll
- xinput1_1.dll
- xinput9_1_0.dll
3) Extract the contents of the archive to your SYSTEM32 directory (C:\Windows\System32)
4) Start playing with your controller

I also started playing Blur...and this workes perfectly with the above fix.
MercyfulFate_66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:13 PM   #19
Radwar99

Practically all windows games today support only Xinput which most gamepads don't support (especially older ones). Most people think that they only support the Xbox 360 controller which is wrong. Other gamepads (and much better) like the Logitech Gamepad F710 also support this. So when buying a new gamepad, check if it supports Xinput or simply use the Xinput emulator.
Radwar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #20
ozgeek

Because it fully supports the 360 controller out of box, the 360 controller is the best controller. No mucking around trying to get "generic" gamepads to work like needing small programs to run. The 360 controllers is just plug in and bam ready to play.

If you look around, you can find a 360 controller for cheap. because I already own an xbox360, I automatically have an controller. Even wireless controllers works fine but requires the wireless adapter.
ozgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #21
Radwar99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozgeek View Post
Because it fully supports the 360 controller out of box, the 360 controller is the best controller. No mucking around trying to get "generic" gamepads to work like needing small programs to run. The 360 controllers is just plug in and bam ready to play.

If you look around, you can find a 360 controller for cheap. because I already own an xbox360, I automatically have an controller. Even wireless controllers works fine but requires the wireless adapter.
The Xbox controller is a piece of crap that disconnects too easily. Blur (like most games now) supports xinput which means that any controller that supports xinput works without any special programs or hassle. The Logitech F510 or F710 for example. Also the fact that the Xbox controller doesn't have drivers is bad not good because you can't program your gamepad with the keyboard for games that doesn't support gamepads at all. Seriously, how crappy a service Microsoft offers for not bothering to writing simple drivers to give the user more options.

After a few days of being fed up with the Xbox gamepad, I returned it to the store (good riddance) and bought the Logitech F710. I bought the X360 gamepad for it's supposed ease of use, little did I know it would only work half of the time. I should've sticked to Logitech right away, I had a Rumblepad 2 for over 6 years without it disconnecting once.
This website has the xbox controllers ranked 5th and 7th, behind 3 Logitech gamepads, the Logitech F710 being ranked 1st.
Also the F710 is $25 cheaper than the wireless Xbox gamepad ($69 bucks of pure crap).

http://compactiongames.about.com/od/...p/gamepads.htm

Last edited by Radwar99: 01-03-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Radwar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:30 PM   #22
ozgeek

Well that's your opinion because I never have any problems with my 360 wireless controller. It just works.
ozgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:49 PM   #23
Friendliest

Thumbs up SIMPLEST POSSIBLE SOLUTION

Just went thru this. Above info is somewhat outdated/misleading and may cause you more work than necessary.

1. download latest version of x360ce from google code. you want the file called "App" in the download section, such as "x360ce.App-2.0.2.158.zip"

2. take the file "x360ce.exe" and "xinput1_3.dll" files out of that zip file and put them in your blur directory. ("\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Blur")

3. make sure u have ur controller(s) plugged in, run x360ce.exe. it may take a while
    (30 seconds) to start up the first time - maybe more if u have more controllers? - but then it should auto-detect your controllers and let u download profile(s) from Internet. If u have some "uncommon" controller u have to make profile manually, i.e. edit the INI as described above, but u should not have to do this if u have a common device!

Once it has loaded the profile, just shut down x360ce unless u want to customize buttons. I use Logitech Dual Action and I didn't have to mess w/ anything at this point, or any other point. I just used defaults for everything and it worked.

4. at this point blur should work w/ controller
Friendliest is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Blur