Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2: Episode One

Old 05-27-2010, 08:32 AM   #1
cuiasodo

Achievements Locked?

Sorry if this is an old topic (I did do a search and there didn't appear to be any other topics on it) but I wanted to know why achievements for Half-Life 2 and Episode 1 are showing as locked? I didn't notice this until the new Steam interface was implemented, but even when I played the games about a year or so ago, achievements for HL2 and EP1 never appeared in game, even though I'm sure I performed the proper actions to recieve them. I bought a retail copy of the Orange Box in order to play these games. Is this why they're locked (if that's it, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense since achievements for Team Fortress 2, Portal and Ep2 show as unlocked and work just fine)?
Old 05-27-2010, 08:40 AM   #2
gorpie

Achievements were just added to HL2 and Ep1 yesterday.

As soon as you start playing and getting achievements, they'll unlock.

However, some people are having problems with achievements (and other issues), so unless you have a burning need to play right now, I'd suggest waiting... (Your choice.)

If you've played since yesterday's update and should have gotten some but haven't, let us know.
gorpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:50 AM   #3
cuiasodo

ah, okay. Thanks for the quick reply!
cuiasodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:50 PM   #4
seseorang

The achievements were released as part of the Orange Box update which I think Valve was waiting for. At the same time, making HL2 available for the Mac operating system.

The achievements have always been there, and there was a mod which enables you to get them. As some people have found out, this info is sent to your community profile and counted as official
seseorang is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2: Episode One