Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 08:55 AM   #31
Nelson340
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Reputation: 111
Posts: 1,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikarikku View Post
I see. Then a question: can this fix the glitch where survivors stop talking about Nick dies?
That's not a glitch. They're traumatized by the death.
Nelson340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:38 PM   #32
hrcspkla
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Reputation: 91
Posts: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturna View Post
The links do not work.
L4D2 Modified Talker is available now in L4DMods.com, new update talker is debugging.
hrcspkla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:52 AM   #33
hrcspkla
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Reputation: 91
Posts: 402
L4D2 Modified Talker (v2.622) released. Please report any issue or feedback.
hrcspkla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:02 AM   #34
Brewskii187
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 97
Posts: 1,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrcspkla View Post
L4D2 Modified Talker (v2.622) released. Please report any issue or feedback.
just installed on my server.
Brewskii187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:38 AM   #35
hrcspkla
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Reputation: 91
Posts: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewskii187 View Post
just installed on my server.
Does it work in your server? Do you use L4D2 dedicated server or HldsUpdateTool?
In my own testing, I only worked with local server...
hrcspkla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:47 AM   #36
SSgt_LuLZ
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Reputation: 146
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrcspkla View Post
8.Fixed captions displaying time of all Ellis' stories in The Passing.
Ellis still spouts his story about Kieth tattooing MORON on his forehead at the Passing Finale. Just wanted to let you know.

Last edited by SSgt_LuLZ: 08-09-2010 at 06:34 PM.
SSgt_LuLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:26 AM   #37
Odyssey1319
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Reputation: 102
Posts: 848
Why does Ellis suddenly switch over to Coach's voice whenever he gets hit by something? It's been that way since The Passing update.
Odyssey1319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:16 AM   #38
hrcspkla
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Reputation: 91
Posts: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSgt_LuLZ View Post
Ellis still spots his story about Kieth tattooing MORON on his forehead at the Passing Finale. Just wanted to let you know.
Err... I don't understand what you said, is there something wrong about this?
The original talker set this "Moron story" at safe room of port, not in tattoo store.
hrcspkla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:20 AM   #39
hrcspkla
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Reputation: 91
Posts: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey1319 View Post
Why does Ellis suddenly switch over to Coach's voice whenever he gets hit by something? It's been that way since The Passing update.
I have never seen this problem.
hrcspkla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 04:49 PM   #40
pinkgun
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Reputation: 1629
Posts: 856
Thanks for such a good stuff
pinkgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 05:06 PM   #41
Brewskii187
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 97
Posts: 1,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrcspkla View Post
Does it work in your server? Do you use L4D2 dedicated server or HldsUpdateTool?
In my own testing, I only worked with local server...
I rent a dedicated server. I noticed the updated passing conversations. Sometimes the radials don't work thou. like if you "spam" radials they just won't say anything. Also when you spot ammo piles they don't say anything. I'm not sure if is was intended. My server ip is 173.234.9.186 you can go in here and test all you want. Pm me if you have any questions
Brewskii187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:25 PM   #42
hrcspkla
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Reputation: 91
Posts: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewskii187 View Post
I rent a dedicated server. I noticed the updated passing conversations. Sometimes the radials don't work thou. like if you "spam" radials they just won't say anything. Also when you spot ammo piles they don't say anything. I'm not sure if is was intended. My server ip is 173.234.9.186 you can go in here and test all you want. Pm me if you have any questions
I merely join the radial menu spamming preventions in "PlayerLaugh", "PlayerDeath"(Screaming), "PlayerAskReady", "PlayerHeardTank"...or other radial menu option which have spamming effect if players overuse. If you still say "weapons here!" when you spot ammo piles, the talker may install but doesn't work.

I joined your rent servers and tested my modified talker, I am sorry it didn't work. Before L4D2 Team "completely" fixes their VPK file system, you may use modified talker only in local server, sorry.

One month ago I could use modified talker in my own L4D2 dedicated server. (Running my computer, not a rent server.) But now it doesn't.
hrcspkla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:32 PM   #43
hrcspkla
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Reputation: 91
Posts: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgun View Post
Thanks for such a good stuff
You are welcome. -_-)
hrcspkla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:35 AM   #44
SSgt_LuLZ
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Reputation: 146
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrcspkla View Post
Err... I don't understand what you said, is there something wrong about this?
The original talker set this "Moron story" at safe room of port, not in tattoo store.
I mean in the middle of of the gas can finale
SSgt_LuLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 02:28 PM   #45
TWIN_SUNS
 
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Reputation: 18
Posts: 349
Valve really need to notice this and put these voice responses in the game, why they left out all these unused lines I'll never know...
TWIN_SUNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.