Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2

Old 05-28-2010, 06:47 AM   #1
Sierra Oscar

Volunteer Moderator
Post ** Half Life 2 - Bug Report Thread **

Since the release of the major Half Life 2 update on the 26/05/10 which featured a substantial engine upgrade for the game, it has become evident that a number of new bugs have been introduced into the game. This thread is for reporting and tracking such bugs. If you have any suggestions in relation to the structure of this thread, please feel free to PM me! The original bug report thread may be found here.
  • This thread is purely for reporting bugs, so please refrain from making game suggestions or the like.
  • In order to bring some structure to this thread, I would ask users to try and follow the basic template outlined below when reporting a bug.
  • Don't forget that by clicking the quote button for this post, you can copy and paste the bug reporting template.
  • If you are experiencing performance issues, be sure to include your computer specifications. A sample template can be found here.
Bug Report Template

Quote:
Bug Title: (To give an immediate indication as to the nature of the bug.)

Bug Location - Game Chapter: (What chapter of the game is your bug located in?)

Bug Location - Map Location: (What map is your bug located on? You can find this information by opening the game console, and typing "cl_showfps 1". The map-name will be listed on the top right hand corner of the screen e.g. 187 fps on maps/d1_canals_05.bsp. The text in red is map-name.)

Screenshots: (Please try and provide a screen-shot of your bug if at all possible. A handy site to upload images can be found here.)

Bug Description: (Please provide the details surrounding your bug, and if there are any known conditionalities for the bug to occur. Provide any information that you feel is necessary to provide here.)

Possible Bug Cause: (If you believe you know what is causing the bug, then feel free to add the information in the bug report.)

Half Life 2 - Bug List (9th June 2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra Oscar

Bug Title: Gesticulations issues with Dr. Breen during Red Letter Day encounter.

Bug Location - Game Chapter: A Red Letter Day

Bug Location - Map Location: d1_trainstation_05.bsp

Screenshots: Image One | Image Two

Bug Description: During the teleportation scene in "A Red Letter Day" when Gordon Freeman encouners Dr. Breen in the citadel, Dr. Breen's model acts abnormally. Dr. Breen fails to stand up, and his hand can be seen going through his office desk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudkipz View Post
Bug Title: Bad texture alignment in Ravenholm

Bug Location - Game Chapter: Ravenholm (after the first set of traps where you climb up the ladder that was electrocuted)

Bug Location - Map Location: After the first set of traps where you climb up the ladder that was electrocuted

Screenshots: Image One - It looks worse in game than that (stands out more, and looks larger)

Bug Description: Stood out quite a bit for me while climbing up there, was on PC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshJosh117 View Post
(Running MAC version)

Bug title: Dr. Breen Screen

Bug Location: Very first map as you get off the train

Bug description: The screen where Dr. Breen first says welcome is all white and you can't see his face.
Quote:
(Running MAC version)

Bug title: Health/Suit text

Bug Location: Non Applicable

Bug description: The helath/suit GUI's text is not centered/aligned properly

Screenshots: Upcoming
Quote:
(Running MAC version)

Bug title: CP Door in beginning

Bug Location: First map where you follow Barney (disguised) into the room where he talks to Dr. Kleiner.

Bug description: The first time I tried to follow him, the door opened then immediately closed, then I was stuck and had to restart the game, second time it opened correctly though.

Also In the Mac version, the fps is low and I have to turn down the settings to get it to work. In the Windows version on Boot Camp I can run all high settings. It is extremely choppy in the beginning when Gman is talking to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
Bug title: Airboat stops on level transition.

Bug Location: Every map with airboat.

Bug description: Straight forward bug - read the bug title.
Quote:
Bug title: "Outline" does not appear to work on crosshair.

Bug Location: Non Applicable

Screenshots: Image One

Bug description: Details of the bug can be found here.
Quote:
Bug title: Slower buggy cart.

Bug Location: On every map where the buggy is present.

Bug description: Specific details can be read here. It is no longer possible to race the Razer Train at Bride Point (d2_coast_08) during the chapter Highway 17.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiPlus_HWGUY View Post
(Some players not experiencing this issue - perhaps intentional due to a power suit level limit.)
(Running PC version)

Bug title: Vortigaunt & Suit Charge Power-Up

Bug Location - Game Chapter: Route Canal

Bug Location - Map Location: Boxcar with citizen and Vortigaunt inside (d1_canals_01).

Bug Description: Vortigaunt doesn't recharge player's HEV, but the recharging effect appears.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreadedgman View Post
Bug Title: "Breencasts" are too bright.

Bug Location - Game Chapter: (First level, train station, town etc).

Screenshots: Before the update: Image One.

After the update: Image Two.

Bug Description:
The animated Texture showing Dr Breen's face is overbright, it looks overexposed.
In my case, I had all the game settings on highest quality, and ticked the Bloom box in settings... (if that matters). Also, I was not first in reporting this, it was reported here by Kitsune Sniper.

PC Specifications: Listed here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varsity View Post
I get the Breencast thing too. It looks a lot like an sRGB issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuhvok View Post
(Some players not experiencing this issue.)

Bug title: Character irides missing.

Bug location - Chapter: Point Insertion - at least the start of the game, but possibly throughout the game.

Bug location - Map: d1_trainstation_03

Bug description: The NPC's all have white eyes. Their irides and pupils are gone.

Screenshot: Image One.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRA925 View Post
Bug Title: "Q" for Crosshair and General font problems.

Bug Location - Game Chapter: All Levels and initial game screen.

Bug Location - Map Location: Universal.

Screenshots: Image One - Illustrates some of the various UI changes picking up health and ammo etc.

Bug Description: Crosshair appears as the letter Q with other letters of the alphabet replacing various pictures from the GUI such as the weapon select menu at the top of the screen. Font in general looks incorrect compared to usual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trenmost View Post
Bug Title: Odessa Cuddage has no flashlight shadows.

Bug Location - Chapter: Highway 17

Bug Location - Map: d2_coast_03

Quote:
(Some players not experiencing this issue.)

Bug Title: Messed up skyboxes.

Bug Location - Chapter: Mostly on Water Hazard.

Quote:

Bug Title: The incredible disappearing health charger.

Bug Location - Game Chapter: Route Kanal, the bit where you get grenades and smash the floodgates.

Bug Location - Map Location: d1_canals_07

Bug Description: Charger appears and disappears depending on viewing angle.
Quote:
Bug Title: Wrong picture for saves.

Bug Location - Game Chapter: Game save was in Ravenholm, but it had a picture from Water Hazard.

Bug Location - Map Location: 2 of my saves in Ravenholm have it (out of the two saves I made since update in Ravenholm).

Bug Description: The picture clearly shows the airboat when the map is clearly Ravenholm, the one below it is less obvious (and is cut off), it is inside one of the large containers in Water Hazard. I believe I had autosaves in both those locations in my playthrough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemiah View Post
Bug title: Crash to desktop when Alyx give us the Gravity Gun

Bug Location - Game Level: The Scrapyard - Black Mesa East
(http://uppix.net/f/0/9/69928f4b2b77d...c9eaef64cd.jpg)

Bug Location - Map Location: d1_eli_02

Bug description: After the first sentence Alyx tells something about using the first trigger of the gravity gun, the game crashes with a Windows message "HL2.exe a cessé de fonctionner" ("HL2.exe has stopped working"). Moreover, some keyboard keys go back to default. This bug appears in French version of the game even if we installed it in English (with or without French subtitles). See this thread. It happens all time we can't do anything. We can't go further in the game. I am running PC version I don't know if it appears in mac version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95Navigator View Post
Bug Title: Extremely bright lightning. mat_fullbright 0 does not fix the problem.

Bug Location: Levels Black Mesa East, Highway 17, Sandtraps and Nova Prospekt.

Bug description: in the levels i said theres extremely bright lighnint (almost white) on textures (I think the game has no lighning at all on those levels).

Possible Bug Cause: Missing lmp files (Light map files, i think) on the "half-life 2 2007 base content" gcf. Those files control the lightning on the maps. Without them, lightning does not exist. Putting mat_fullbright 0 on the console does not solve the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17evergreen View Post
Bug Title: The menu screens with player FOV set at 90 degrees shows unfinished parts of the map.

Bug location: The opening menu.

Bug Location - Map Location: The background for Ravenholm and Highway 17, maybe others.

Bug Description: on the left hand side you see unfinished mountains and on the right you see the train spawn into existence car by car
I'm using max settings on everything and the aspect ratio is 1920x1080.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shim0ku View Post
Bug Title: Missing exit

Bug Location - Game Level: Entanglement - Dr. Kleiner's Lab

Bug Location - Map Location: d3_c17_01.bsp.

Screenshots: Image One.

Bug Description: The exit out of Dr. Kleiner's lab is missing. The characters are all standing around doing nothing.

Quote:
I confirm this this happened to me too.
Quote:
Bug Title: Sometimes alyx is stuck in the teleport.

Bug Location - Game Level: Entanglement - Dr. Kleiner's Lab.

Bug Location - Map Location: d3_c17_01.bsp.

Bug description: Sometimes alyx is stuck in the teleport, so the player cant get out. We hear alyx saying "But where is dr. kleiner?" but she doesnt move. Maybe a script error. Re-loading sometimes helps.

Quote:
Bug Title: End of teleport sequence breaks.

Bug Location - Game Chapter: End of inception

Bug Location - Map Location: Back in Dr Kliener's lab

Bug Description: First time I arrived, Alyx would not move out the teleporter so we were stuck there. Second time it got up until Dr Kliener said he would look for Lamarr and then Alyx did not open the door for me and Dog (it also missed the sound files when dr kliener spoke to barney, it missed one of dr klieners lines). 3rd try Alyx would not exit teleporter again and sound was off (sound was comming from where she should be I think). 4th try it worked (once again missing the sound file).
Anyone else had this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisham.albeik View Post
Bug Title: Alyx doesn't do what she is supposed to do. In Chapter Entaglement.

Bug Location - Game Chapter: Entanglement (after teleporting into Elis Lab).

Bug Location - Map Location: d3_c17_01.bsp

Bug Description: Alyx doesn't do what she is supposed to do. In Chapter Entaglement. Either she stops in the teleporter and does nothing. Or after talking to Barney she doesn't end up opening the door to let Gordon leave. One another issue associated with it, her voice clips sound distant when this bug occurs.

Possible Bug Cause: Script?!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcinelli View Post
Bug Title: Alyx blocking the path

Bug Location - Game Chapter: Chapter 10 - Anticitizen One

Bug Location - Map Location: d3_c17_05

Screenshot: Image One

Bug Description: Every time an area loads Alyx just pop up in front of me and stay there like a statue. This started right after the teleport misson when you get back to Dr. Kleiner's Lab. And now I got stuck in a corridor with Alyx standing in front of me blocking the passage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seseorang View Post

Bug Title: Transparent APC.
Bug Location - Game Chapter: Sandtraps.
Bug Location - Map Location: First Map.
Screenshots: Image One | Image Two.
Bug Description: You can see through the APC - Off the road, near the house BEFORE the lighthouse (not sure of EXACT map name).
Quote:
Originally Posted by KageTsuki View Post
Bug Title: Entanglement Chapter, only one wave of enemies.

Bug Location - Chapter: Entaglement.

Bug Location - Map: First map.

Bug Description: In the first map of the Entanglement chapter, in the teleporter chamber where you are supposed to hold off the Combines with the turrets only the first wave of enemies comes and after that no more enemies come until the teleporter if charged.

Last edited by Sierra Oscar: 06-08-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:44 AM   #2
Sierra Oscar

Volunteer Moderator
Quote:
Bug title: Bad view areas.

Bug Location - Game Level: Most notably in Highway 17.

Bug Location - Map Location: Looking into houses and looking out of houses.

Bug description: It is very clear the insides of buildings are not rendered even when fairly close, and when you are inside the house the outside is not rendered. (I don't remember it being so oblivious before the patch).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekiran View Post
(Confirmed by multiple players.)

Bug Title: See-saw Physics not working well enough.

Bug Location - Game Chapter: Route Canal.

Bug Location - Map Location: See-saw Puzzle.

Bug Description: Normally you pile up cinder-blocks on the one side of the seesaw, which lifts the other side high enough to sprint over to the higher ground. No matter how many ways I moved the bricks, and I used ALL the bricks available, I couldn't run over to the high ground. Always fell short, no matter when I applied sprint (or if not). I eventually gave up and piled the bricks under the ledge, and climbed over.

Possible Bug Cause: Sprint speed is too slow?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawk27 View Post
Bug title: Corruption of crosshair/2D elements when the flashlight is on.

Bug location: Most levels, some places it did not occur such as in Ravenholm.

Bug description: The crosshair either goes away or is only partially shown, only bits of text show up when the flashlight is on.

Screenshots: Flashlight On | Flashlight Off | Other 2D element corruption.
Quote:
Bug title: Reflections bugged when flashlight is on.

Bug location: Sandtrap chapter after taking passage in the bottom of the lighthouse.

Bug description: Just watch the video.

Video: http://www.xfire.com/video/2c273b/

EDIT: I'm on PC running Windows 7 32-bit, AMD Athlon II X2 250, 2GB DDR2 800,NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 1GB.
Quote:
Bug title: Triggers appear in map.

Bug Location - Game Chapter: d2coast03

Bug Location - Map Location: Near a thumper. (see screenshot)

Bug Description: Areas that trigger events during game play are shown to the user with an orange cube covered with the text "trigger".
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyaZar View Post
Bug Title: Physics misoperation.

Bug Location - Game Level: Route Canal.

Bug Location - Map Location: d1_canals_05.bsp

Bug Description: When the man to whom on head the headcrub jumps, falls,
I shoot at headcrub, and the body unnaturally flies up upwards.
Quote:
Bug Title: Text shift.

Bug Location - Game Level: Route Canal.

Bug Location - Map Location: d1_canals_05.bsp

Bug Description: When Gordon has a seat in boat and there is description
of management of boat the text will shift concerning keys, + last line
merges from the penultimate.
Quote:
Bug Title: Text shift.

Bug Location - Game Level: Ravenholm

Bug Location - Map Location: d1_town_01.bsp

Bug Description:
The message text doesn't find room in window.
Quote:
Bug Title: Blast from the Past Achievement.

Bug Location - Map Location: d1_eli_02 (junkyard)

Bug Description: You can get the Blast from the Past achievement, by just entering the room immediately prior to the junkyard (with the traffic light) and not doing anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihillo View Post
Bug Title: Nova Prospekt prison guards have black/grey goggles.

Bug Location - Game Chapter: Nova Prospekt.

Bug Location - Map Location: any and all maps where the Nova Prospekt variant of the Combine soldier appears.

Bug Description: instead of glowing yellow or red (for shotgun soldiers) their goggles are black/grey. Simple as that.
Quote:
Bug title: Decal/Texure missing. Showing the all well known pink checker.

Bug Location - Game Chapter: d1canals03

Bug Location - Map Location: Near corner steam pipes. (see screenshot)

Bug Description: A texture is missing. People report that it should be a blood texture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehNoob View Post
Bug Title: Ambient Occlusion gone with weapon change.

Bug Location - Game Chapter: All.

Bug Location - Map Location: Non Applicable .

Screenshots: Image One - With Ambient Occlusion | Image Two - Without Ambient Occlusion .

Bug Description: Ambient Occlusion is gone when the weapon list is used or shown at the top of the screen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbolt View Post
(Running PC version)

Bug Title: Vewmonitor static behind objects.
Bug Location - Game Level: At least Nova Prospekt / Entanglement, I haven't checked more.
Bug Location - Map Location: Anywhere that has a viewmonitor with static.
Bug Description: On the viewmonitors in Nova Prospekt, the static that sometimes comes on appears behind the objects on the screen. Like Alyx for example: Image One.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbolt View Post
(Running PC version)

Bug Title: Changing Health Station levels.

Bug Location - Game Level: I only noticed it in Entanglement, but it could be elsewhere.

Bug Location - Map Location: Anywhere that has a health station.

Bug Description: The first time I noticed this was in Entanglement, at the first turret standoff with just the two turrets. If you're a little ways back, the health station on the wall changes to appear to be 50% charged instead of whatever it actually is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BS_1
Bug Title: Box/Gate Render Issue

Bug Location - Game Chapter: Chapter I: Point Insertion (Possibly in more locations.)

Bug Location - Map Location: d1_trainstation_02

Bug Description: The box seen in the picture is actually behind the gate. Somehow the gate is not properly rendered over the box, hence the box is visible over the gate. Possible Bug Cause: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrebrait2 View Post
Bug Title: Glitch in Standing man in the train.

Bug Location - Game Chapter: Point Insertion - Train Station.

Bug Location - Map Location: d1_ctrainstation_01

Bug Description: Just the glitch in his feet/legs and hand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BmB23 View Post
Bug Title: Strange Flashlight Shadows On Certain Walls.

Bug Location - Map Location: d1_canals_03

Screenshots: Image One | Image One | Image Three.

Bug Description: Strange shadows when shining flashlight on certain walls in d1_canals_03, may apply to more maps as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GannonSlayer143 View Post
Bug title: Garage door clips through roof.

Bug location: Highway 17, when garage door to warehouse when operating the crane.

Bug description:: Garage door clips through the roof of the warehouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Nakedgun View Post
PC Windows 7 64bit

Bug Title: Auto weapon switch always on.

Bug Description: Cannot turn autoweapon switch off "cl_autowepswitch 0" is unknown command. An option in the menu would be nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Nakedgun View Post
PC Windows 7 64bit

Bug Title: Auto aim on boat.

Bug Description: When driving the boat my aim always gets corrected to look forwards when I don't want to.

Bug Location - Game Level: Water Hazard anywhere using the boat.

Demo to help show what I mean.
Video One
Quote:
Originally Posted by samaelscorpse View Post
Bug Title: World reflection error.

Bug Location: All reflective water surfaces.

Bug Description: If the flashlight is turned on and the POV changes, the world reflection doesn't change accordingly to the perspective - instead the previous reflection just "multiplies".

Possible Bug Cause: Not a clue, i'm not familiar with the source engine that much.

GPU: GF9600GT
Driver ver.: 196.21
Quote:
Bug Title: Elements of the level don't fade out with LOD.
Bug Location - Game Level: Anticitizen One.
Bug Description: The windows and power lines don't properly fade out like the buildings do when you back away from a window. Also the LOD seems a little too aggressive.

Operating System: Windows 7 x86
Processor: AMD Athlon II 250
Motherboard: GIGABYTE MA785GM-US2H
Video Card: Geforce GTS 250 1GB
Memory: 2GB DDR2 800
Quote:
Bug Title: Buggy has airboat's self-uprighting code.

Bug Location - Game Chapter: N/A.

Bug Location - Map Location: N/A.

Bug Description: The buggy will try to keep itself upright in the same manner as the airboat. This interferes with gravity gun punting and collisions with other objects, making the physics cartoony and obviously faked.
Quote:
Bug Title: New fire is going through geometry.

Bug Location: Anti-Citizen One - at the end when your defending Alyx as she is taking down the shields on the generator.

Bug Description: The smoke from the fire goes through some geometry breaking the immersion.
Quote:
Bug Title: Shooting dropship leaves impact decals hanging in midair.

Bug Location - Game Chapter: Sandtraps

Bug Location - Map Location: d2_coast_10

Bug Description: When shooting the dropship which steals the buggy, the impact decals don't follow it. Instead they hang around in the air for a few seconds before fading out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibrate View Post
Bug Title: Erratic distance rendering in tunnels.

Bug Location - Game Chapter: Sandtraps (very beginning, end of the first tunnel with the headcrabs/car wreck).

Bug Location - Map Location: d2_coast_09.bsp

Screenshots:
Slowly approaching end of tunnel: Image One | Image Two | Image Three | Image Four.

Bug Description:
As you approach the end of the tunnel, the distant drawing is highly erratic. First it is completely dark, then the power lines slowly come into view (0009.jpg), then they are obscured by the bloom effect (0010.jpg), then they gradually appear again (0015.jpg), then they abruptly vanish (0016.jpg), then they slowly come into view again.

In total the power lines disappear and appear three times in the span of about 50 feet. This happens on all graphics settings, very high and very low, with and without HDR enabled. This also happens no matter how slowly the tunnel is driven.

The screenshots explain it better than I can. The gap between 0015 and 0016 is the most abrupt, as you can see the car only moves a few inches between the screenshots.

Operating System: Windows Vista x32 (SP2)
Processor: AMD Turion Dual Core RM-75 2.20 GHz
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8200M G
Memory: 3.00 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
Bug Title: Weird water clipping/ texture issue

Bug Location - Game Chapter: All canal levels up to eli 1.

Screenshots: Image One | Image Two | Image Three | Image Four.

Bug Description: Where the watter meets a wall on the side of the canals theres a weird sort of whiteish effect from it that looks like a cliping or missing texture issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Banana King View Post
Bug title: Graphical corruption in Route Kanal
Bug Location - Game Level: Route Kanal
Bug Location - Map Location: d1_canals_01a : Exit a tunnel to have several flaming barrels dropped in the water by combine above.
Bug Description: Somewhere near the underwater fence, the entire scene immediately smears as though noclipping through an object / out of the skybox. Worse, the menu becomes invisible at this point - the only way to reload is to die.
Bug Screenshot: Image One.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibrate View Post
Bug Title: Judith's teleporter turns white on departing.

Bug Location - Game Chapter: Entanglement

Bug Location - Map Location: d2_prison_08

Bug Description: When Judith boards the teleporter to take Eli away, the whole construct suddenly turns white.
Quote:
Bug title: Bit of nodraw in air-duct.

Bug Location - Game Level:Lowlife

Bug Location - Map Location: In the first or second air-duct, (I think it is after you climb the ladder inside the first one) and you look back.

Bug description: Some no draw where it shouldn't be, you can see the sky-box from an air-vent (very obvious with your light off)

Last edited by Sierra Oscar: 05-31-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Sierra Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 07:44 AM   #3
Sierra Oscar

Volunteer Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_man222 View Post
Bug Title: White textures on departing teleporter in prison

Bug Location - Map Location: d2_Prison

Bug Description: The texture spazes from black to white constantly as the teleport pad rises with Eli and Mossman.

Quote:
Bug Title: Combine door appearing through stairs.

Bug Location - Map Location: d2_Prison

Bug Description: Much like the box in the previous bug in d1_trainstation

Quote:
Bug Title: Insane crash with scrambled text and jacked up weirdness...

Bug Location - Map Location: first map on chapter anti-citizen one

Bug Description: I experienced a total game lock-up and stutter and i thought i was going to have to re-boot my computer but the game suddenly kicked in but looked like the above screen-shots. I could attempt to look about but the image would be the same i could hear events happening around me but all I could see was this image still. the bug also effected the menu screen as well in screen-shot two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by st00pid_newb View Post
Bug Title: Civil Protection guards go into reference pose.

Bug Location - Game Chapter: Route Kanal

Bug Location - Map Location: d1_canals_01

Bug Description: The guards will go into the reference pose whenever I shoot at them a few times. Then they will pull their gun from their holster and continue firing. This could happen in other chapters but Route Kanal is the farthest I've made it so far since the latest patch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by st00pid_newb View Post
Bug Title: Razer Train does not spawn/appear.

Bug Location - Map Location: d1_canals_01

Bug Description: The train that is supposed to run over the three Civil Protection guards (just before you reach the red boxcar with the vortigaunt) simply doesn't spawn at all. You can clearly hear the train but it just doesn't spawn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by exscape View Post
Bug Title: FOV settings don't work on all systems.

Bug Location - Game Chapter: Not applicable/everywhere.

Bug Location - Map Location: Not applicable/everywhere.

Screenshots: 75 degree FOV, 90 degree FOV.

Bug Description: None of the following changes the FOV:
1) Using the FOV slider in the graphics settings
2) sv_cheats 1; fov 90
3) Launching with these options: -console +sv_cheats 1 +default_fov 90 +fov 90 +fov_desired 90
4) Creating an autoexec.cfg containing:

Tested on:
1) Macbook Pro, Radeon X1600, OS X 10.6.3
2) Macbook Pro, Radeon X1600, Windows XP SP2 under Parallels Desktop 5
3) PC with a Radeon X300 SE, Windows XP SP2
I have no nVidia cards, but one user reported success with a Geforce 9400M. More data is needed to find out if this is an ATI only issue.

Main thread for this issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday 13 View Post
Bug Title: Flashlight makes blood on bodies disappear

Bug Location: Everywhere somebody or something gets shot

Screenshots:

WITHOUT FLASHLIGHT - Image One.

WITH FLASHLIGHT - Image Two

Bug Description: The blood decals on a shot enemy disappear and can't bee seen ( or just slightly ) with a flashlight on.
Quote:
Bug Title: Odd Shadow.

Bug Location: Follow Freeman.

Bug Location: First map of Follow Freeman, in the basement with the zombies before you go up to meet Barney.

Bug Description: A shadow seems to be floating in the air (it is hard to see from just one screen-shot but it is about 20-30cm away from my eyes in the screen-shot. It is also 2D and as you can see, semi-transparent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipperMDW View Post
Bug Title: Some Lambda Locator Caches Missing Lambda Symbol

Bug Location - Game Chapter: At least Route Kanal and Water Hazard

Bug Location - Map Location: At least d1_canals_05.bsp and d1_canals_10.bsp

Bug Description: When the Lambda Locator achievement was originally created (on the Xbox 360, I guess), it seems that lambda symbols were added to some caches that didn't have the symbol in the PC version. Now that the achievement is available on the PC, those caches confusingly count toward your Lambda Locator achievement even though their lambda symbols apparently never made it into the update.

There are at least three such caches. The first is near the end of Route Kanal, just before entering the resistance base that gets shelled with headcrabs. The others are both in the middle of Water Hazard, right next to one another, and during the sequence where the chopper is bombing you. One is off to the left of your path up a concrete incline and into an alley next to a warehouse. The other is immediately after, in the rightmost of two rectangular alcoves I want to call storm drains.

(I realize this borders on being a suggestion or feature request, but I do consider it a bug in that something was omitted when it should not have been.)

Possible Bug Cause: Someone forgot or didn't think to include this in the update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdigit View Post
Bug Title: (In russian localization) Achievements Menu are not translated.

Bug Location: Main Menu / Achievements Menu.

Bug Description: Achievements Menu are not translated in russian localization. Reinstalling the game didn't help too. I tried to delete all GCF and again download from the server but it didn't help. In episodes is not observed. They complete localization.
In the Steam translated all the achievements. (Steam screenshot).
Quote:
Originally Posted by waramp19 View Post
Bug Title: Disappearing crates.

Bug Location - Game Chapter: Highway 17

Bug Location - Map Location: d2_coast_07.bsp

Screenshots: Image One | Image Two

Bug Description: The coloured crates near the water just before the railroad bridge flicker and disappear as you move around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BukLuk View Post
Bug Title: See through Bumping Door gap

Bug Location - Game Chapter: Point insertion

Bug Location - Map Location: end of d1_trainstation_03

Screenshots: Take a long time to catch the right moment but her it is! Image One

Bug Description: After the “Combine” starts Bumping against the door you can sometimes see through a gap into the empty room.

Possible Bug Cause: Old or wrong animation file comes within mac compatibility update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATH e.VADER View Post
Bug Title: Missing Pylon

Bug Location - Game Chapter: Highway 17

Bug Location - Map Location:
d2_coast_05/The same level as the billboard achievement, behind the destroyed tanker

Bug Description:
The Pylon doesn't appear at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanlain View Post
(Mac version)

Bug Title: Light sources shine through objects and characters.

Bug Location
: Various places, HL2 and HL2e1 (ep2 not tested)

Screenshots:
Image One | Image Two | Image Three.

Bug Description
: Light sources (sun, diodes, lamps) can be seen through characters and objects at various places. This is a bit erratic (see above). Actually, taking a screenshot (F5 key) can change the apparent "transparency" of objects.

Seen on my Mac Pro radeon 4870 and my MPB 9400M. OS X 10.6.3.
I'm curious to know if it's Mac-specific.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yutram View Post
Bug Title: Screen fading to black on Highway 17

Bug Location - Game Level: Highway 17

Bug Location - Map Location: d2_coast_07, d2_coast_08

Video: Video One

Bug Description: After transitioning between the forementioned maps, keyboard controls cease to operate and the screen fades to black, much like the "mission failed" screen, but without text. The game then attempts to load an autosave file. So far, this bug has occured only near and/or on the bridge.

Possible Bug Cause: The bug always occurs somewhere around the bridge, and seems to be trying to emulate the "mission failed" screen; possibly a bug where the game believes that the player fails to comply with mission objectives, failing to see an exception when the player leaves the buggy behind to explore the bridge.

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
Sound Card: SB X-Fi Audio [AC00]
Memory: 3070MB RAM

<placeholder>

Last edited by Sierra Oscar: 06-08-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:58 AM   #4
no_quarter1

HL 2 and episodes won't run with GTX 470

The HL2 series games flat will not run with my GTX 470. Tried game and driver settings, rolling back drivers,...
Big time artifacting and video corruption at the start screens.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:59 AM   #5
The Dog

Bug title: Airboat stops on level transition.
Bug Location: Every map with airboat.
Bug description: Read the bug title.

Bug title: "outline" doesn't work on crosshair
Bug Location: n/a
Bug description: description and screenshots here.

Bug title: Buggy is slower.
Bug Location: every map with buggy.
Bug description: Read the bug title. Also look here.
The Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:01 AM   #6
Sierra Oscar

Volunteer Moderator
Sample template for posting computer specifications, should you feel such information is necessary to include in order to complete your bug report.

Quote:
Operating System:
Processor:
Motherboard:
Video Card:
Sound Card:
Memory:
Old 05-28-2010, 08:41 AM   #7
SiPlus.c

(Running PC version)

Bug title: Vortigaunt and suit power
Bug Location - Game Level: Route Canal
Bug Location - Map Location: Boxcar with citizen and vortigaunt inside
Bug Description: Vortigaunt doesn't recharge player's HEV, but the recharging effect appears.

Last edited by SiPlus.c: 05-28-2010 at 08:44 AM.
SiPlus.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:08 AM   #8
thedreadedgman

Bug Title: "Breencasts" are too bright

Bug Location - Game Level: (first level, train station, town etc)

Screenshots:
Before the update: http://www.mobygames.com/game/window...eShotId,91258/
After the update: http://i50.tinypic.com/wcgttv.jpg

Bug Description:
The animated Texture showing Dr Breen's face is overbright, it looks overexposed.
In my case, I had all the game settings on highest quality, and ticked the Bloom box in settings... (if that matters)
Also, I was not first in reporting this, it was reported in the other bug thread (http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...95&postcount=5) by Kitsune Sniper

If required here are my PC specs:
Operating System: Windows 7 x64 (all updates as of 2010-05-28)
Processor: Intel Pentium E5200
Motherboard: Asus P5KPL/1600 (Intel G31)
Video Card: Geforce 8800 GT 512MB (197.45 drivers)
Sound Card: VIA VT1708B (onboard chip)
Memory: 4GiB DDR2-800
thedreadedgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:08 AM   #9
Nuhvok

Bug title: Character irides missing.
Bug location: At least the start of the game, but I think throughout the whole game.
Bug description: The NPC's all have white eyes. Their irides and pupils are gone.
Screenshot: http://yfrog.com/f1kl6j
Nuhvok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:10 AM   #10
thedreadedgman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiPlus_HWGUY View Post
(Running PC version)

Bug title: Vortigaunt and suit power
Bug Location - Game Level: Route Canal
Bug Location - Map Location: Boxcar with citizen and vortigaunt inside
Confirmed, when the Vortigaunt casts the energy ball at you, nothing happens.
thedreadedgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:19 AM   #11
JohnRA925

Bug Title: "Q" for Crosshair and General font problems

Bug Location - Game Level: All Levels and initial game screen.

Bug Location - Map Location: Universal

Screenshots: Illustrates some of the various UI changes picking up health and ammo etc.

http://i49.tinypic.com/30xbccj.jpg

Bug Description: Crosshair appears as the letter Q with other letters of the alphabet replacing various pictures from the GUI such as the weapon select menu at the top of the screen. Font in general looks incorrect compared to usual.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:30 AM   #12
coldroll

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/1...oast030005.jpg
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/8...oast090000.jpg

Tire swings are not attached to trees, and roler mines get stuck in the ceiling.
coldroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:37 AM   #13
trenmost

Bug Title: Odessa Cuddage has no flashlight shadows

Bug Location - Highway 17

Screenshots: http://i45.tinypic.com/e6vgg8.jpg
trenmost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:40 AM   #14
trenmost

Bug Title: Messed up skyboxes

Bug Location - mostly on Water hazard

Screenshots: http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/663...nals060005.jpg
trenmost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:40 AM   #15
Varsity

I get the Breencast thing too. It looks a lot like an sRGB issue. And:

Bug Title: The incredible disappearing health charger

Bug Location - Game Level: Route Kanal, the bit where you get grenades and smash the floodgates

Bug Location - Map Location: d1_canals_07

Screenshots: http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/161/magicwl.jpg

Bug Description: Charger appears and disappears depending on viewing angle.

Last edited by Varsity: 05-28-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Varsity is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2