Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2

Old 05-31-2010, 03:03 AM   #181
Mudkipz

Bug title: Bit of nodraw in airduct

Bug Location - Game Level:Lowlife

Bug Location - Map Location: In the first or second airduct, (I think it is after you climb the ladder inside the first one) and you look back.

Bug description: Some no draw where it shouldn't be, you can see the skybox from an airvent (very obvious with your light off)

Screenshot: http://i50.tinypic.com/160s86c.jpg
Mudkipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 05:20 AM   #182
Wednesday 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by st00pid_newb View Post
Bug Title: Razer Train does not spawn/appear

Bug Location - Game Chapter: Route Kanal

Bug Location - Map Location: d1_canals_01

Bug Description: The train that is supposed to run over the three Civil Protection guards (just before you reach the red boxcar with the vortigaunt) simply doesn't spawn at all. You can clearly hear the train but it just doesn't spawn.
I can confirm that. First I didn't notice that but then, on a higher difficult setting, I wished the train to solve my problems and the train never appeared.
Wednesday 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:34 AM   #183
cucumariid

Bug Title: Saved games all have the same date.
Description:
All saved games in HL2, HL2:Ep1, HL2:Ep2 end up with the same timestamp (presumably the file's timestamp) after coming off the steam cloud, so that saves from many years ago and saves from just now all look exactly the same.
cucumariid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:41 AM   #184
SirMcLoki

Bug Title:
Wrong shadow behavior.
Bug Location:
Everywhere in the game.
Bug Description related to the flashlight:
A:
When using the flashlight and turning the camera view makes a
shadow movement in the wrong direction. The shadows, best seen
on prison bars in nova prospekt, move then with the direction
where you are turning to, when they should be moving into the
opposite direction.

B:
Also there are some missing shadows on fences. The fence itself
will make a very licht shadow, also the thin diagonal cabels,
but the vertical bars won't have a shadow.

C:
Objects in tunnel entrances (highway 17 i.e.) will have a wrong
shadow too. They still have the shadow that they would have if
standing outside in the sun, rather than throwing a shadow into
the direction of the tunnel itself, since the light technically
comes from the opening, even if the sun is not directly in front
of it. The flashlight shadow behaves like earlier mentioned, but
the "outdoor shadow" stays on, just a little less intens.
Possible Bug Cause for C:
The last effect mentioned could be caused by the game handling
these objects or places as "outside" although "inside" effects
should apply there.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:47 AM   #185
SirMcLoki

Quote:
Originally Posted by cucumariid View Post
Bug Title: Saved games all have the same date.
Description:
All saved games in HL2, HL2:Ep1, HL2:Ep2 end up with the same timestamp (presumably the file's timestamp) after coming off the steam cloud, so that saves from many years ago and saves from just now all look exactly the same.
Yes, this is true.

New saves in game will have the correct data for as long as the
game is running, after closing, old and newly made saves will end
up with the same date/time.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:36 PM   #186
JohnPH

Bug Title: Breencast glitching

Bug Location - Game Chapter: Water Hazard

Bug Location - Map Location: maps/d1_canal s_06.bsp

Screenshots: Image 1 Image 2

Bug Description: The image (or video) of Dr Breen is very glitchy. The pictures should give an idea, although you really need to see it in motion.

Bug Title: Flashlight on airboat glitching

Bug Location - Game Chapter: Only tested in Water Hazard, may occur on other airboat levels.

Bug Location - Map Location: Only tested on maps/d1_canal s_06.bsp

Screenshots: image 1 Image 2 Image 3 Image 4

Bug Description: The flashlight on the airboat seems to be acting oddly. At certain points, the flashlight from the airboat seems to have the bottom of the circle of light cut off.

The first two images show the flashlight from the airboat. The second two images are roughly corresponding screenshots with the normal flashlight, which seem to be the normal circle of light, for comparison.

I tested this in the area surrounding the previous bug.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:45 PM   #187
phamkl

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_quarter1 View Post
The HL2 series games flat will not run with my GTX 470. Tried game and driver settings, rolling back drivers,...
Big time artifacting and video corruption at the start screens.
I'm not sure if I'm confirming this or not but I also have a GTX470 and am getting big time corruption.

Bug Title:Corrupt Display

Bug Location - Appears to be engine problem, prevalent everywhere

Screenshots: VIDEO

Bug Description: The display appears to resize itself, scrolling from one resolution to another. Extreme rendering corruption. This happens whenever an animation occurs so if everything is still, the screen stays put. However, when switching weapons, throwing a grenade, or having something walk by, the problem occurs.

Possible Bug Cause: Potentially a problem with the GTX400 series of nVidia graphics card. Some kind of weird interaction between the source engine and my system specs.

Operating System: Windows 7 64bit
Processor: i7-860, 4GB RAM
Video Card: GTX470, DirectX9.0c and 11

UPDATE: Apparently the problem is with EVGA Precision and/or MSI Afterburner and possibly any Riva Tuner based FPS monitoring/overclocking program. I turned it off and that solved the problem.

Last edited by phamkl: 06-06-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:48 PM   #188
pqbon

Bug Title: Failed to achieve Zombie Chopper

Bug Location - Game Chapter: We don't go into Ravenwood Anymore

Bug Location - Map Location: Whole map...

Screenshots: None ...

Bug Description: I completed Ravenwood in its entirety only kills with traps or the gravity gun or letting father gregory make the kill. At the end of the map when I got the buggy I did not get the achievement. I started using the gravity gun as soon as Dog opened the door to ravenwood and did not stop using the gravity gun until I was on the next map with the buggy.

Possible Bug Cause: Unknown...
Old 05-31-2010, 02:59 PM   #189
SupremeOverlord

Player gets stuck/dies in Water Hazard

Bug Title: Player gets stuck/dies in Water Hazard

Bug Location - Game Chapter: Water Hazard

Bug Location - Map Location: d1_canals_11.bsp

Screenshots: http://i49.tinypic.com/2wf4sh5.png

Bug Description: When you get to this part of the mission, try to jump up into the corner by the chair. You will either get stuck and will have to reload the game, or Gordon will spontaneously die.

Possible Bug Cause: Clipping issue. Collision problem either with the world or the objects the the area.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:11 PM   #190
jellisii

Reprogramming of turrets does not work as expected.

Reprogramming of turrets does not work as expected.

Entanglement

d2_prison_b7

Alyx announces over the radio that she will be reprogramming the turrets to defend the control room. The turrets do not fire on unfriendly targets, but do still fire on the player.

This happens on the first two of the three incidents dealing with reprogrammed turrets. The last incident the reprogrammed turrets work as expected.
jellisii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 03:15 PM   #191
chipperMDW

Bug Title: Some Lambda Locator Caches Missing Lambda Symbol

Bug Location - Game Chapter: At least Route Kanal and Water Hazard

Bug Location - Map Location: At least d1_canals_05.bsp and d1_canals_10.bsp

Bug Description: When the Lambda Locator achievement was originally created (on the Xbox 360, I guess), it seems that lambda symbols were added to some caches that didn't have the symbol in the PC version. Now that the achievement is available on the PC, those caches confusingly count toward your Lambda Locator achievement even though their lambda symbols apparently never made it into the update.

There are at least three such caches. The first is near the end of Route Kanal, just before entering the resistance base that gets shelled with headcrabs. The others are both in the middle of Water Hazard, right next to one another, and during the sequence where the chopper is bombing you. One is off to the left of your path up a concrete incline and into an alley next to a warehouse. The other is immediately after, in the rightmost of two rectangular alcoves I want to call storm drains.

(I realize this borders on being a suggestion or feature request, but I do consider it a bug in that something was omitted when it should not have been.)

Possible Bug Cause: Someone forgot or didn't think to include this in the update.
chipperMDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 03:22 PM   #192
LyaZar

I have HL2:E2, and my steam now download it, but for what? It already downloaded and installed... (
Old 05-31-2010, 03:41 PM   #193
Raefire

Add me to the list of those who had issues in Entaglement once I got out of Nova Prospekt and into Kleiner's lab. I had both:

-Alyx not moving out of the teleporter (making it impossible for me to leave the teleporter), her lips not moving to her voice, and only her dialogue up to "But where's Dr. Kleiner?" playing

AND

-Everyone standing around looking at me after Kleiner said "I can't leave without Lamar."

Everything eventually worked correctly, but only after several Quick Loads.

On the bright side, the second glitch did give me enough time to get the "What Cat?" achievement...

Last edited by Raefire: 05-31-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Raefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 04:04 PM   #194
MISTERAMD

Add me too to that list as the AI is frozen in time. It begun when Mossman and Eli are teleported, no combine is coming through those forcefields. When me and Alyx got teleported there is 50% chance that Alyx is stuck / frozen. Thereafter Alyx is talking to the back of Dr Kleiner which was funny to watch.
Than Alyx is frozen and Dr Kleiner is talking to Barney. Stuck from that point. I reloaded like 5 or 6 times to play further as the Alyx was everytime frozen in time.

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/808...nshot001bs.png
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/611...shot002smy.png
MISTERAMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 04:24 PM   #195
Raefire

Oh, and I also had a minor issue in Nova Prospekt. I can't remember where on the map, but it was somehwere near the middle to the end of the map, I believe. I came up a wide stairwell and encountered a hallway with a guard manning a turret by the top of the stairwell at the other side. I got pinned against the wall about halfway down the hallway - and suddenly the game just froze, with the sound stuttering like crazy. I had to restart my whole computer. I haven't had that happen again, though.

System specs, just in case:
-Windows 7 64-bit
-AMD Quad-Core
-8GB RAM
-ATI Radeon HD 4350

Last edited by Raefire: 05-31-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Raefire is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2