Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam for Mac > Source games

Old 05-28-2010, 08:34 AM   #1
kevinxing

Hardware Promos not Compatible with Macs?

So I recently tried the hardware promo (steam://hardwarepromo/609) for nVidia on my Macbook, and Steam told me that I didn't meet the requirements. Wha? I have a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M on my Macbook, and it just refuses to attach HL2DM and HL2 Lost Coast onto my account.

Is this because they're not ready for release on Macs yet, or it just doesn't work?
Old 05-28-2010, 08:54 AM   #2
IslandHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinxing View Post
So I recently tried the hardware promo (steam://hardwarepromo/609) for nVidia on my Macbook, and Steam told me that I didn't meet the requirements. Wha? I have a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M on my Macbook, and it just refuses to attach HL2DM and HL2 Lost Coast onto my account.

Is this because they're not ready for release on Macs yet, or it just doesn't work?
Those games haven't been ported yet. I think the multipler games will be ported last because cross OS games.
IslandHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:04 AM   #3
CrazyMcCool

Strange enough i got orange box and it gave me lost coast..

I dont know if it came with orange box cause it did not list it in the contents of the box..
CrazyMcCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:10 AM   #4
lightwriter9

Lost Coast was a freebie they tossed in. It was a piece of the HL2 they decided not to use or something like that. It's about 10 minutes of playing time, tops. I doubt it's a very high priority to them for porting it to the Mac.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:55 AM   #5
Agent_Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightwriter9 View Post
It's about 10 minutes of playing time, tops. I doubt it's a very high priority to them for porting it to the Mac.
I agree, if Lost Coast is going to be brought to the Mac it likely won't be as high a priority as Team Fortress 2, or Left 4 Dead.

Which is a shame. Lost Coast's experimentation with vertical FPS gameplay was really enjoyable, and sets it apart more readily from the other Half-Life games.
Agent_Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:31 AM   #6
SiPlus.c

HL2DM has must be ported
SiPlus.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 03:29 AM   #7
kevinxing

Well I guess the replies sort of strayed far from what I was asking. I meant should the nVidia and ATi hardware promos be working on Steam Mac, or not?
kevinxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:05 AM   #8
baryon

The nVidia promos don't work for me either, and I do have both the 9400M and the 9600M on my MBP. But I own the orange box already so I don't mind much! But it's strange that the promo doesn't seem to work with Macs.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:17 AM   #9
MF_Kitten

if you use a promo, the game is added to your account. if that game then gets available for mac, it´s still yours.

i got hl2dm for having ATI GPU. when it comes out for mac, it´s still mine.
MF_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:37 AM   #10
kevinxing

Thing is I never bothered with the promo until now, and I tried with my Mac and it didn't work, so I have no way of attaching the games to my account anymore because I don't have a viable PC anymore.
kevinxing is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam for Mac > Source games