Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare

Old 05-29-2010, 08:48 PM   #1
Cypher024

So what's the state of CoD4: Modern Warfare nowadays?

Just picked up CoD4: MW (Mind you, the first one, not the garbage that is MW2). How is it nowadays? Fairly non-buggy? Hackers? Enlighten me as to the general state of Modern Warfare.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:53 PM   #2
CptR

Banned
I've had it since it came out, TBH, never run into a single bugg!

Though, there is quite a lot hackers BUT if you play on a "real" server owned by clans there is no chance there will be a hacker.
(Quite a lot of those servers to)
CptR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:23 PM   #3
liho1eye

There are still more people playing CoD4 than MW2.
Buggy? Outside known map glitches - not really.
Hackers? Haven't seen one in years... just make sure to play on PB-enabled servers.
liho1eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:26 PM   #4
CptR

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by liho1eye View Post
There are still more people playing CoD4 than MW2.
Buggy? Outside known map glitches - not really.
Hackers? Haven't seen one in years... just make sure to play on PB-enabled servers.
Played with loooads of wall hackers today at least.

Overgrown, I went around a corner with ghille suit, go prone in the grass, no enemy around (We had UAV) and out of nowhere this guy jumps around the corner and noscope me in the face. (They didn't have UAV cause no one in there team had 3 kills, new round)
Old 05-29-2010, 09:29 PM   #5
liho1eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptR View Post
Played with loooads of wall hackers today at least.

Overgrown, I went around a corner with ghille suit, go prone in the grass, no enemy around (We had UAV) and out of nowhere this guy jumps around the corner and noscope me in the face. (They didn't have UAV cause no one in there team had 3 kills, new round)
I said this before and I'll say this again: ff you found a hacker in CoD4, that means you are either on non-PB server or simply being outplayed.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:31 PM   #6
CptR

Banned
Quote:
I said this before and I'll say this again: ff you found a hacker in CoD4, that means you are either on non-PB server or simply being outplayed.
It was an =(eGO)= server and they have PB and how the could I get outplayed in this scenario there is no reasonable explanation for that option.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:40 PM   #7
T3TRA

Quote:
As with any anti-hack system it either has to "know" the checksum or process name of the hack running or the hack has to trigger one of the protected variables (such as memory address, executable, dll etc etc). There are plenty of working COD4 hacks out there and even now new ones are being developed regularly. PB is always going to be playing catch-up to the hack developers.

I have seen a number of hackers in COD4 and I have played it for years, granted no where even remotely close to MW2 and if there is a decent admin online at the time the hackers rampage is very short lived indeed. But saying there are no hacks in COD4 simply because PB is running is a little naive to say the least. There is a no such thing as %100 secure anti-cheat tool.
T3TRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:52 PM   #8
liho1eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3TRA View Post
As with any anti-hack system it either has to "know" the checksum or process name of the hack running or the hack has to trigger one of the protected variables (such as memory address, executable, dll etc etc). There are plenty of working COD4 hacks out there and even now new ones are being developed regularly. PB is always going to be playing catch-up to the hack developers.

I have seen a number of hackers in COD4 and I have played it for years, granted no where even remotely close to MW2 and if there is a decent admin online at the time the hackers rampage is very short lived indeed. But saying there are no hacks in COD4 simply because PB is running is a little naive to say the least. There is a no such thing as %100 secure anti-cheat tool.
There is also a big factor called "sore loser" which makes people see hackers.
I have also played CoD4 for years and seen maybe a hand full of hackers total. Yes PB isn't a 100% guaranteed to detect hack (thanks for restating the obvious), but it is 100% guaranteed to insta ban for it once detected. That on its own is a huge factor at stopping hackers since only very few and very mentally unstable people will continue buying new CD key just for a chance to jarrate someone for a few seconds.
PB is maintained. PB requires no admins. PB simply works.

Given all that a claim from someone that he "played with loooads of wall hackers today" is simply pathetic nubtalk.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:59 PM   #9
CptR

Banned
Quote:
I have also played CoD4 for years and seen maybe a hand full of hackers total. Yes PB isn't a 100% guaranteed to detect hack (thanks for restating the obvious), but it is 100% guaranteed to insta ban for it once detected. That on its own is a huge factor at stopping hackers since only very few and very mentally unstable people will continue buying new CD key just for a chance to jarrate someone for a few seconds.
PB is maintained. PB requires no admins. PB simply works.

Given all that a claim from someone that he "played with loooads of wall hackers today" is simply pathetic nubtalk.
PB simply works? Ye right.

"pathetic nubtalk"

Maybe I just played with the same guy on several different servers then.

You obviously know about it.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:02 PM   #10
liho1eye

Quote:
PB simply works? Ye right.

"pathetic nubtalk"

Maybe I just played with the same guy on several different servers then.

You obviously know about it.
obviously I know enough to not call everyone who shot my pixels a hacker.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:06 PM   #11
T3TRA

Quote:
I have also played CoD4 for years and seen maybe a hand full of hackers total.
Indeed, although your original post states:

Quote:
ff you found a hacker in CoD4, that means you are either on non-PB server or simply being outplayed.
hence me replying with the fact that that statement simply isn't correct.
T3TRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:16 PM   #12
CptR

Banned
Quote:
obviously I know enough to not call everyone who shot my pixels a hacker.
Okay, explain this, how was what I said possible then?
Old 05-29-2010, 10:22 PM   #13
liho1eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3TRA View Post
Indeed, although your original post states:
Considering the (rough obviously) numbers given that would be 5 hackers over thousand+ hours. Which amounts a nil probability of finding one.

Quote:
hence me replying with the fact that that statement simply isn't correct.
Now read the post it was said in reply to... nj on taking my words out of context, I sure hope it felt good to prove me wrong over nonsensual argument.

edit:

Quote:
Okay, explain this, how was what I said possible then?
Are you trying to bait me into openly calling you names so you could report my post? Really, use you brain - I already said everything like twice.

Last edited by liho1eye: 05-29-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:32 PM   #14
CptR

Banned
Quote:
Are you trying to bait me into openly calling you names so you could report my post?
Not really o.O
Quote:
Really, use you brain - I already said everything like twice.
No, you have been crying about PunkBuster being so good and so great and that you love it
Old 05-29-2010, 10:50 PM   #15
Cypher024

Great to know I can ask a simple question without my thread turning into a flamefest.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare