Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2 / Source Third-Party Mods

Old 07-03-2010, 05:44 PM   #91
Sniping_Pyro

can someone please tell me how to fix weekday warrior's missing models please detailed instructions will be appreciated
Sniping_Pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:26 PM   #92
gorpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniping_Pyro View Post
can someone please tell me how to fix weekday warrior's missing models please detailed instructions will be appreciated
First see pizzahut's post, immediately following this one. If you still have problems, follow the steps here.

This link will take you to the beginning of the thread.

You need to take the very first download link. That will download the \scenes and \bin folders from the file half-life 2 content.gcf. They are in a self-extracting zip file.

Run the self-extractor and put the files someplace (do NOT extract to the WeekdayWarrior folder). Move or copy the \scenes folder to SourceMods\WeekdayWarrior\scenes (you can "overwrite" the files, since there are no duplicates). You can delete the \bin folder (or save it for future mods that may need it to work).

Then you need to open up the file SourceMods\WeekdayWarrior\gameinfo.txt in Notepad, Wordpad or a word processor.

Change the SteamAppId from 220 to 215.

Your SearchPaths section needs to look like the following (add the Game sourctest line):
Code:
			Game				|gameinfo_path|.
			Game				sourcetest
			Game				hl2

EDIT - You need to restart Steam after you make changes to gameinfo.txt.

Last edited by gorpie: 07-04-2010 at 06:46 AM.
gorpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 05:31 AM   #93
pizzahut

Simply changing the SteamAppId in the file gameinfo.txt to 215 should work.
As gorpie said, you need to restart Steam afterwards.

I've only tested the first level though, and loading of the 2nd.
So if you encounter any problems later in the game, try the other instructions (extracting, search paths).

Last edited by pizzahut: 07-04-2010 at 05:46 AM.
pizzahut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 06:45 AM   #94
gorpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniping_Pyro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzahut View Post
Simply changing the SteamAppId in the file gameinfo.txt to 215 should work.
As gorpie said, you need to restart Steam afterwards.

I've only tested the first level though, and loading of the 2nd.
So if you encounter any problems later in the game, try the other instructions (extracting, search paths).
Well, just changing the SteamAppId would be easier. I may have just done "the complete fix" when I tried it. Before I tried it.

Last edited by gorpie: 07-04-2010 at 06:55 AM.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:10 AM   #95
wuhlei

I get this error trying to run my mod unable to load 'scripts/surfaceproperties_manifest.txt' helps please!
wuhlei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:45 AM   #96
gorpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhlei View Post
I get this error trying to run my mod unable to load 'scripts/surfaceproperties_manifest.txt' helps please!
Have you read post #1? I don't know that your answer is there.

Also, post #3 right now pretty much consists of a link to the discussion at Planet Phillip about the fixes. I don't remember if anyone there mentioned this specific issue, but it might give you some ideas.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:05 AM   #97
wuhlei

Thanks gorpie Ill try some more fixes. I just now decide to try coding lol before I changed the appid I was about to get to the menu. I guess I should stop being lazy and extract the files.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:36 PM   #98
DylanMD

What about AppID 440?
Old 07-06-2010, 03:40 PM   #99
wuhlei

starting to sound a lot like shotgun
Old 07-06-2010, 04:47 PM   #100
pizzahut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanMD View Post
What about AppID 440?
That's TF2. Are there mods for it (client, not server)?
pizzahut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:35 AM   #101
Jasper.atPP

I am humbled by all of you sorting this mess out for the rest of us.
My gratitude to all of you involved.
Just, WOW!
Strider Mountain, V2 + Patch. I've played without any fixes, ran fine.
Coastline to Atmosphere needs both the gameinfo.txt and the scenes fix but not the bin fix. See gorpie's excellent post #1
Old 07-08-2010, 11:47 AM   #102
NinjaFang

Quote:
I think it would be impossible for there to be mods for TF2 seeing as TF2 is meant to be a multiplayer game so it would lack the feature necessary to function as a mod.

But knowing the community there is that one guy with to much time on his hands making a mod right now for TF2.
NinjaFang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:50 AM   #103
DylanMD

Quote:
No, CS:S is Appid 440. Or at least that's what is in the gameinfo.txt file.

Nightmare House: Remake is a mod for AppID 440. How am I going to fix this? Or is Steam just broken BEYOND repair for CS:S mods?
Old 07-11-2010, 12:40 PM   #104
gorpie

SteamAppId 440 is for TF2. I don't think it matters what gameinfotxt SAYS in the comments, what matters is the SteamAppId.

Quote:
Nightmare House is a horror themed modification for Half Life 2 (Episode 2).
Isn't the mod Haunted House stolen from Nightmare House? I haven't played Nightmare House yet, because it's on the Filecloud server at Planet Phillip and that server is unavailable. But I have played (and tested) Haunted House since the update. It runs fine on AppId 215. (Did a google search and found it. Will DL it later.)

I'm not a modder. I would try running it on the AppID for Episode Two (AppId 420), since TF2 and Ep2 both started out on the Orange Box engine. (Also, AppIDs 215 and 218 were supposed to be temporary, but I sure hope they become permanent right now.)

The mod CSS: SCI-FI Hardwired is fine. It runs on AppId 215.

I don't know if this will help you, but it's the Get Mods Working discussion at Planet Phillip.

Since Nightmare House is supposed to be an Ep2 mod, I'd go to post #1 in this thread and look at the fixes suggested for Ep2 mods.

EDIT - Since Haunted House is stolen, you could contact Phillip about his hosting it. I'm sure he might be willing to remove it.

EDIT #2 - The SteamAppID for the 2007 version is 240, which is CSS. I did not DL the original version, nor the teaser for the 2010 version. The mods that had the fewest problems were built on one of the Source SDK bases (AppID 215 or 218--there will probably be a new AppID for the 2009 version eventually). Though 215 and 218 are supposed to be temporary, you might want to consider them if possible, or Ep2--AppID 420.

I can't test this yet, since I don't have CSS installed right now.

Last edited by gorpie: 07-11-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:45 PM   #105
nightcabbage

Nice thread. gorp ftw.
nightcabbage is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2 / Source Third-Party Mods