Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 06-03-2010, 05:43 PM   #1
r3dl

Unhappy Keyboard problem in CS 1.6

I recently re-installed my computer, and after that when I installed Steam and Counterstrike 1.6 again something strange happens when I go in game. Every time I want to crouch(CTRL) and move back(S) at the same time the Main menu pops up from out of no where its like a fast command but in CS instead of Windows, it has never happend before and I do not have any clue to what I should do. And its kinda annoying when you play.

Please if someone knows, help!

And by the way, I have reinstalled Steam twice and switched keyboards but its still the same problem.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:45 PM   #2
Tenkari

I would suggest remapping your crouch key to shift or another button and see if the problem persists.
Tenkari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:48 PM   #3
r3dl

The thing is that does not work, because I need to have something on CTRL and everything that I bind to CTRL gets the same way. As I said, its like im pushing a fast commando in say... Word or something, but instead it happens in CS.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:53 PM   #4
Tenkari

why do you need something on CTRL to play the game? there are plenty of keys on the keyboard, and if you have a multi-button mouse you can use those as well, in case you didnt know, there are 3 functions of the mousewheel, the up/down and you can click it like a regular button.

I dont know if this is a steam related issue, does it only happen in one server or all of them?
Old 06-03-2010, 05:56 PM   #5
r3dl

Yeah but if you have played Counterstrike for 5-6 years now with the same settings its kinda hard to change the habit of having crouch on CTRL, and having it on the mouse, thats just not going to happen :P. Don´t get it why it just suddenly became this way. Never happened before.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:02 PM   #6
Tenkari

try deleting the config.cfg file and try playing with the defaults?

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips