Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Nation Red

Old 06-03-2010, 11:31 PM   #1
JDCorley

Zombie stuck inside character

I've been able to replicate several times now the experience of having a zombie get "stuck" inside a character. This results in the zombie being "dragged" with me when I dive. This is emphatically NOT the same as a melee boss speeding up to chase me when I get near, the zombie actually goes inside the model. Kicking does nothing, grenades don't touch it. I can get "outside" again by diving twice in the same direction if I have enough stamina and room, however, cutoff saw and axe zombies are likely to have killed me by that time. It is not, however, limited to bosses. "Common" zombies can also end up in this position, in fact it is a lot more noticeable when it does, since the speed difference between me and it is much greater.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:31 AM   #2
eg0elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCorley View Post
I've been able to replicate several times now the experience of having a zombie get "stuck" inside a character. This results in the zombie being "dragged" with me when I dive. This is emphatically NOT the same as a melee boss speeding up to chase me when I get near, the zombie actually goes inside the model. Kicking does nothing, grenades don't touch it. I can get "outside" again by diving twice in the same direction if I have enough stamina and room, however, cutoff saw and axe zombies are likely to have killed me by that time. It is not, however, limited to bosses. "Common" zombies can also end up in this position, in fact it is a lot more noticeable when it does, since the speed difference between me and it is much greater.
I'm having the same thing happen to me, although grenades seemed to work when it happens. A common zombie will speed up and then get stuck on my character and I'm unable to hit it with any ranged weapons.
eg0elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:33 AM   #3
Syncourt

Yeah grenades take care of the regular ones, but it gets a bit hectic later when it starts to happen constantly and you dont have the grenades to keep it up. Especially when a melee boss runs in and starts doing it, I always get so far surviving and then an axe or cutoff saw come charging in and take away pretty much my whole health bar.

It happens too often to me and I've pretty much stopped playing because of it. Waiting on the new patch hoping it's fixed this issue along with the other goodies.
Syncourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:30 AM   #4
ColdSeer

This doesn't happen to bosses, but they do charge at you with an extreme speed (The charge is supposed to be that fast, I'm sure, it makes part of the 5-20 minutes only game).

However, the zombie being stuck at you is probably a wrong number? (Like someone wrote 100 instead or 10, or 10000 instead of 1000).
ColdSeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:16 AM   #5
JDCorley

Actually it does happen with bosses as well, but the speed boost makes it harder to spot when it does happen (or to put it another way, it doesn't matter as much because they can stay on you constantly anyway due to the speed boost).
JDCorley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:38 AM   #6
Syncourt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCorley View Post
Actually it does happen with bosses as well
Every single game for me, at least 80% of the time this is where I die (freeplay/barricade). There is a big difference between the way they used to chase me before the update and the way they get stuck inside my model as they do now.

When it happens you can't dodge them, they stay right on top of you no matter how quick your movements are almost as if they're riding you or are latched on. You can still hit them a little bit with your bullets when it happens though because of their size, but a lot of your bullets will just go right through without damaging them.

Last edited by Syncourt: 06-11-2010 at 04:42 AM.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:39 AM   #7
SnowBrigade

DiezelPower
Hello Syncourt,

This issue should be working fine now in the Beta update. It's funny (but annoying) to see new bugs showing up when we do a new release. Rest assured we didn't add this on purpose

The problem comes from adding new stuff. If we just fix bugs, eventually they'll all be gone but we changed two things in the last update which must have caused this. The new boss attacks, they were weaker before;
New pathfinding. Zombies now need to know how to work their way around barricades.

Something in that new code made them too good and stick to you too closely.

But the next update being a Beta is great since you can tell us what to adjust before the actual release of the game.
SnowBrigade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 01:15 AM   #8
Syncourt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBrigade View Post
Hello Syncourt,

This issue should be working fine now in the Beta update. It's funny (but annoying) to see new bugs showing up when we do a new release. Rest assured we didn't add this on purpose

The problem comes from adding new stuff. If we just fix bugs, eventually they'll all be gone but we changed two things in the last update which must have caused this. The new boss attacks, they were weaker before;
New pathfinding. Zombies now need to know how to work their way around barricades.

Something in that new code made them too good and stick to you too closely.

But the next update being a Beta is great since you can tell us what to adjust before the actual release of the game.
You're fine, I did have a feeling it was an unintentional change and am already with large appreciation for the quick fixes you dish out for things like this. The beta sounds great, being that I've been waiting for it before playing again, I'll be sure to play a bunch when it's out and report back with any issues I come across.

Thanks for noting that the issue is already fixed too.

Last edited by Syncourt: 06-13-2010 at 01:22 AM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Nation Red