Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare

Old 06-07-2010, 07:13 AM   #1
JigaDeuce

Just deal with it?

So what are we suppose to do?

Current issues:
Hacker servers - Servers with unlocked XP, run speeds, gravity, ammo, etc.
Hackers - Aimbots/Wallhacks
Model Cheats - Players with colored models, no vegetation, open view scopes.
IWNet - We all know the issues with IWNet...

So, are we just suppose to sit here and deal with it? Tough crap, you paid for it this is what you get?

I have enjoyed the COD series up to this title. Sad to see such a great series flop on the MP side. Single player was still great, though short, MP side... just a sad state.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:15 AM   #2
blazur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JigaDeuce View Post
So, are we just suppose to sit here and deal with it? Tough crap, you paid for it this is what you get?
Your best recourse is not to buy future Activision games if you're unsatisfied with how the company manages them and how they treat their customers. Do not buy Black Ops. Don't buy the DLC for MW2. Don't buy Blur. Etc...

It's plainly obvious their support is lacking and their business ethics are shady. Show them how you feel about this with your wallet. Or by complaining on these forums for what it's worth =]
blazur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:17 AM   #3
leafan101

Yeah, just deal with it or leave. Your choice. Activision is not making you stay.
leafan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:43 AM   #4
JigaDeuce

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazur View Post
Your best recourse is not to buy future Activision games if you're unsatisfied with how the company manages them and how they treat their customers. Do not buy Black Ops. Don't buy the DLC for MW2. Don't buy Blur. Etc...

It's plainly obvious their support is lacking and their business ethics are shady. Show them how you feel about this with your wallet. Or by complaining on these forums for what it's worth =]
Have not bought the DLC map packs nor do I plan to.
Will not buy Black Ops as well.

I enjoy MW2 for the game play, it's just IWNet that flopped in my honest opinion.

Just sucks that we purchased this product and this is what we are left with. Well, guess another great series down the drain just like the Rainbow Six series did.
JigaDeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:29 PM   #5
Pwn

Not here to whine but...didn't play for a while, coming back to see if IW did something good, well...first lobby I join - hacked lobby, prestige hack for everyone, 5 guys in the same team hacking vs 1 guy in "our" team hacking back and me and my mate trying to just have some fun with tubes and stuff....no luck whatsoever, we got slapped in the face by what clearly seemed (by the voices I heard in the lobby) 12 y.o. kids with free software. Even shields had no effect like before (they use to work before against a hacking person), now they have a special ability to autoaim to your legs with no in recoil.

For anyone who doesn't believe this game is a piece of crap, check out the vid, playing demolution to a map not in the maplist for this mode, no killcams ... and ...a lot of bull:
http://www.xfire.com/video/2ced35/
Old 06-08-2010, 07:19 AM   #6
JigaDeuce

The point to this thread is, we shouldn't have to deal with this. IW needs to implement a fix that works. Their game, their reputation.
JigaDeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:35 AM   #7
SIFU

Quote:
The point to this thread is, we shouldn't have to deal with this. IW needs to implement a fix that works. Their game, their reputation.
Um they dont care about this game or there rep,most of the original ppl have left or been fired,but i do think treyarc wont F-up averything cant wait to play blackops!
tho what comes after thatsome tombraiderRPG action shooter
SIFU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:49 AM   #8
Wendigo72

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIFU View Post
Um they dont care about this game or there rep,most of the original ppl have left or been fired,but i do think treyarc wont F-up averything cant wait to play blackops!
tho what comes after thatsome tombraiderRPG action shooter
I think it's more likely that Activision and the new Kotik mondset is the source of our frustrations as opposed to IW. From what I've read, IW had every intention of delivering the same, if not better, gaming experience that made COD4 so popular. But Activision is the one putting the hammer down and making decisions based on dollars and cents and not what makes a good game.

So if you're going to boycott, do it to Activision.
Wendigo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:54 AM   #9
SpunkyKuma

Too bad Treyarch is still with Activision, but we'll have to see how they handle Black Ops. Activision doesn't care about MW2 because they got your money and they're done with it, IW are pretty much the same, I doubt they'll be doing anymore patches besides playlists and DLC #2 & probably #3 before closing their doors on this title.

And Blur looks dumb, it's yet another arcade racer like Paradise, Split/Second, Need For Speed*, etc. I like Dirt 2, GRID, Forza*, Race Driver*, even Race Pro.

Otherwise I'm going to wait and see what the new Medal of Honor will be like.
SpunkyKuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:58 AM   #10
Mudcrutch

For now just take a break and come back after they patch it. Yes, it sucks it is taking so long but they will patch it at some point.

Hang in there!
Mudcrutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:06 AM   #11
hateWinVista

Quote:

Current issues:

I have enjoyed the COD series up to this title. Sad to see such a great series flop on the MP side. Single player was still great, though short, MP side... just a sad state.
I think I'm craze,but I thinks hacked servers are "COOL" to play just they don't put the Lv.70 10th prestige thing...
And I hate IWNET,hosts can't even vote to kick the nerds.
10th Prestige icon < AC130 1000 kills icon.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:48 AM   #12
coprophagia

Banned
Quote:

Current issues:

Agreed this COD edition sure taints the whole damn franchise for me.
And as much as I had thought Treyarch did such an excellent job with WAW, it hurts them now, because I don't trust Activision. I won't be doing Black Ops until way after release, if at all, to see what happens, and/or if its even worthy.
Everything I even consider now from Activision will be even more scrutinized.

To have yahoo PR people/liars on Facebook/Twitter trying to market the next DLC, and not even acknowledge current MW2 issues is a joke/farce.
coprophagia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:52 AM   #13
notavirus.exe

Quote:
Originally Posted by coprophagia View Post
Agreed this COD edition sure taints the whole damn franchise for me.
And as much as I had thought Treyarch did such an excellent job with WAW, it hurts them now, because I don't trust Activision. I won't be doing Black Ops until way after release, if at all, to see what happens, and/or if its even worthy.
Everything I even consider now from Activision will be even more scrutinized.

To have yahoo PR people/liars on Facebook/Twitter trying to market the next DLC, and not even acknowledge current MW2 issues is a joke/farce.
Black ops will still sell out, the resurgence pack will still move a lot of units and generate an enormous income...IW doesn't care about their reputation because COD's reputation is whats in the consumers eyes (I know that sounds funny but most younger audiences don't know WHO creates the game).

Bottom line: DON'T EXPECT A FIX, IT WON'T HAPPEN
notavirus.exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:27 AM   #14
SpunkyKuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudcrutch View Post
For now just take a break and come back after they patch it. Yes, it sucks it is taking so long but they will patch it at some point.

Hang in there!
Don't hold your breath on them fixing anything anytime soon, if they were going to they would've already fixed host hacking, pavelow cold blood glitch, texture mods, etc.
SpunkyKuma is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare