Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Eversion

Old 06-08-2010, 11:14 PM   #1
DJ Cryotek

360 Controllers

Doesn't seem to notice I have it plugged in. Does this game only work with the old-school PC controllers from Logitech etc? Or am I doing something wrong? (I have other controllers, it's just easier to have 1 plugged in at a time).
Old 06-09-2010, 02:05 AM   #2
lostsomething

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Cryotek View Post
Doesn't seem to notice I have it plugged in. Does this game only work with the old-school PC controllers from Logitech etc? Or am I doing something wrong? (I have other controllers, it's just easier to have 1 plugged in at a time).
Works just fine with mine.
lostsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:01 AM   #3
Vriess

Same problem here. I can't get it to work with my 360 wireless controller.
Other games work fine with it.
Vriess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:56 AM   #4
SergioS

Same here. Wired 360 controller, doesn't work! No problems with other games.
SergioS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:15 AM   #5
Xcessive6

Wired 360 controller, works fine here. Try to use the XBCD drivers instead of the original Microsoft ones which sometimes cause trouble.
Xcessive6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:37 AM   #6
Vriess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcessive6 View Post
Wired 360 controller, works fine here. Try to use the XBCD drivers instead of the original Microsoft ones which sometimes cause trouble.
Uuuhm...highest supported OS is XP. A question before I get my PC into a heap of trouble...will this driver work with Vista and Win7?
Old 06-09-2010, 09:24 AM   #7
Xcessive6

I wouldn't recommend it if I wouldn't know what I'm doing. So yes, I'm using it with Windows 7 x64.

// edit:

Proof, if you're interested.
Xcessive6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:55 AM   #8
Sound Shower

Just checking: did you plug the 360-controller into the usb port before you started the game?

I know Trine wants the controller to be plugged in before you start the game, or else it won't work.
Sound Shower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:32 AM   #9
lilsypha

I'm using the 360 controller on XP with the Microsoft drivers, and it works fine. Controller is always plugged in -before- starting the game. It also defaults to using the analogue stick and not the d-pad. (At first I thought it wasn't working because I was trying to use the d-pad.) Jump is 'A' and Eversion is 'B'.
lilsypha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:30 AM   #10
Vriess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Shower View Post
I know Trine wants the controller to be plugged in before you start the game, or else it won't work.
Trine works fine, it's just this game that isn't working with my controller. First plugging in the USB cable or first activating the wireless connection...same thing. You're supposed to do that before each game.

Will try the drivers Xcessive6 suggested after I get back from work.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:25 AM   #11
Mavi222

it works fine with my 360 wireless controller + Microsoft USB reciever thingy
Mavi222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:52 PM   #12
Maverik770

I just bought Eversion and was very excited to play it and then my 360 controller will not respond at all in game!

I have Windows XP Pro 32 bit and the wired 360 controller with default Windows drivers and the game will not recognize any input from the controller at all. My controller works perfectly fine with tons of other titles on this PC. Everything I have been able to find on the net about people with this issue seems to be very random.

Some people can use their wired or wireless 360 controllers with default Windows drivers and various operating systems with no problems at all. Others report they have to use 3rd party controller drivers. Some report it's fine on one operating system but not on another. Some report it has to do with the 360 controller being wried or wireless...There is no pattern with the people who have this same issue of the 360 controller not responding in this game.

Does anyone have any idea what causes this issue with the 360 controller in Eversion or how to fix it? I'd love to play this game but playing it with the keyboard is extremely aggrivating and I really don't want to bother driver swapping just to play this game for a little bit.

Maverik770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:19 AM   #13
chiwaw

I tried the game for the first time tonight, with my usual wireless 360 controller. It didn't work. After reading this thread, I had the idea to try my old wired 360 controller.
I plugged it in, it lighted as controller #2. I fired up the game again and it worked! So I played a few levels with it (great game btw). But I'm not sure why my wireless controller didn't work, nor why my wired one would work even tho it was synced as controller #2.

As a test I switched their numbers, restarted the game, and Eversion used my wired one again, even tho this time it was as #1.

Conclusion so far: Eversion only work with a wired 360 controller. At least here on my setup.
chiwaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Eversion