Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Avencast: Rise of the Mage

Old 06-09-2010, 08:42 AM   #1
SpaXe85

Can we get Achievements for this game?

We want Achievements in Avencast! It's a solid game for $10. My only disappointment is the lack of Achievements.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:52 PM   #2
ElektroDragon

With no cumulative score or level like you have with 360 and PS3 achievements, I don't really see the point of Steam achievements. They're nice to have, but I'd rather have GFWL games through Steam that give me Live Achievements that pad my gamerscore.

I wish Valve and MS would put aside the animosity so that Valve would properly adverstise all the games with Live Achievements instead of basically warning users with silly things like "requires sign into Live for online play", as if that were a bad thing when its FREE for PC users.
ElektroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:36 AM   #3
ICryCauseImEmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
With no cumulative score or level like you have with 360 and PS3 achievements, I don't really see the point of Steam achievements. They're nice to have, but I'd rather have GFWL games through Steam that give me Live Achievements that pad my gamerscore.

I wish Valve and MS would put aside the animosity so that Valve would properly adverstise all the games with Live Achievements instead of basically warning users with silly things like "requires sign into Live for online play", as if that were a bad thing when its FREE for PC users.
I completely agree with you on the achievements its lame. On a side note got this game for like 3 bucks on sale omg am I glad I purchased it, so much fun . A lot more action based then regular dungeon crawlers.
ICryCauseImEmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:38 PM   #4
TrainDerailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
Sorry to bump an older thread, but nobody wants to sign into a stupid Microsoft account in order to play a game.

Personally, I welcome messages like "requires sign into Live for play" because it allows me not to buy the game.

If I'm buying a game and paying good money for it, I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to be able to play it. I'm quite fed up with Microsoft's disableware which doesn't work unless the company gets their own way.
TrainDerailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:45 PM   #5
Triptrippen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainDerailer View Post
Sorry to bump an older thread, but nobody wants to sign into a stupid Microsoft account in order to play a game.

Personally, I welcome messages like "requires sign into Live for play" because it allows me not to buy the game.

If I'm buying a game and paying good money for it, I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to be able to play it. I'm quite fed up with Microsoft's disableware which doesn't work unless the company gets their own way.
I agree.
Triptrippen is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Avencast: Rise of the Mage