Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Torchlight series

Old 06-11-2010, 07:44 AM   #1
Sjab

Ironman Victory

So I just finished the game without buying ANYTHING and I didn't get this achievement. I made some searches on the forums and it seems I am not the only one who's been through this. And from checking the achievement global stats no one has even gotten it.

So those are at least some reason that indicates that this achievement is broken. So I am just wondering if anyone know if they are currently working on getting this achievement fixed or if it will be removed. I am working hard to get every achievement and it would be sad to stop at 66/67
Old 06-11-2010, 06:12 PM   #2
Philx2000

Its been bugged since it came out, I can't get it either.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:03 PM   #3
papacat_bartlet

has anyone tried to beat the game without changing the starting equipment? Don't just avoid buying anything; don't pick up anything other than potions, scrolls, gold, non-equipable items. try that and see what happens. Without an official statement from the developer that the achievment is broken, I'd say the requirements just haven't been met yet.
Old 06-12-2010, 05:41 AM   #4
Philx2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by papacat_bartlet View Post
has anyone tried to beat the game without changing the starting equipment? Don't just avoid buying anything; don't pick up anything other than potions, scrolls, gold, non-equipable items. try that and see what happens. Without an official statement from the developer that the achievment is broken, I'd say the requirements just haven't been met yet.
Well I havn't tried that but the achievement specifies not buying anything until you defeat ordraak. I assumed you were still allowed to pick items up.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:57 AM   #5
Sjab

with not even 0.1% people having done the achievement it has really got to be broke.. I mean someone who isn't on these forums must have done what it takes and more than that. And with no devs commenting on anything about the achievement it has got to be broken and they are working to fix it as fast as possible instead of giving us the word that one of their achievements does not work.

At least that's what I think.
Sjab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:52 PM   #6
mxh178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjab View Post
they are working to fix it as fast as possible instead of giving us the word that one of their achievements does not work.
haha if only

and i'm sure they are working just as hard to fix the random bugs with all the other achievements
Old 06-14-2010, 09:48 AM   #7
Purge The Pain

I wasn't aware there were any bugs regarding achievements, bar "Ironman Victory"...
Old 06-14-2010, 11:50 PM   #8
eltharion_doa

Maybe you just haven't noticed them? The 10,000 damage in one hit achievement is minorly bugged (took me about 14,000 damage before I got it from memory), and there are a couple of others I've noticed but now forgotten about.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:45 AM   #9
kyiori

The disenchant on first try gets achieved on any disenchant. Don't remember anything else. I recall someone said that Ironman Achievement has been removed from the game. Check the achievement log in the game via console to confirm it. Don't rely on the Steam page.
kyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:36 AM   #10
Purge The Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltharion_doa View Post
Maybe you just haven't noticed them? The 10,000 damage in one hit achievement is minorly bugged (took me about 14,000 damage before I got it from memory), and there are a couple of others I've noticed but now forgotten about.
I suppose you're right, after all, I only have 4 hours of playtime
Old 06-15-2010, 04:11 PM   #11
eltharion_doa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyiori View Post
The disenchant on first try gets achieved on any disenchant. Don't remember anything else. I recall someone said that Ironman Achievement has been removed from the game. Check the achievement log in the game via console to confirm it. Don't rely on the Steam page.
Ironman doesn't show up on my list of unlockable achievements, so it wouldn't surprise me if it's been cut.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:47 PM   #12
Vagrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltharion_doa View Post
Ironman doesn't show up on my list of unlockable achievements, so it wouldn't surprise me if it's been cut.
Check the global gameplay stats.
Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:28 AM   #13
Gelblitze

It would really be nice if the devs would just remove this achievement completely, as it screws up the possibility of getting 100% of the achievements ( and yes, there are some people who care about that ).

If they - in an undeterminated time in the far future - can manage to make it work, they can then implent it again.
Gelblitze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:16 PM   #14
Terev66

Agree with Gelblitz.. I'm one of those goofy people who love 100 percent. I have 58 of 67 and am close on the last 8, but the Ironman will prevent me from getting to 67/67. UGh... sucks being obsessive compulsive sometimes.

Terev66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Torchlight series