Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > King's Bounty series

Old 06-11-2010, 08:35 AM   #1
Aelhis

Thumbs up King's Bounty The Legend - Recommended Mods

Well Hello guys.

I'm opening this thread to give out some recommend mods that I use for king's bounty - The Legend.
They are mostly mods that help out in overall in the game and doesn't make things harder or easir, so they don't mess with the balance of the game just fix some stuff.
First is the interface mod wich is a must, It adds a lot of helpful information, like Rune History, Skill Level, Favorites Spells, and a lot more.
here is the link for the forum post (THE VERSION OF STEAM IS THE FIRST ONE 1.7): INTERFACE MOD
Second It's the Translated Russian Mods - They add 5 items that help you train/upgrade troops and exchange runes.
IMPORTANT: The mod zip has 5 files I recommend you delete the 112_Training_Tent.kfs and 113_Army_Market.kfs Wich are in Russian and uncesseary (The Other two are better and easier to use).
Heres the Link to the forum post and download:TRANSLATED RUSSIAN MODS
Third Spirit Extended mod - this changes the level limit for your spirits skill wich add a lot of Level up elemtns and choosing the right path you want for that game.
Heres the link for post:SPIRIT EXTENDED MOD

Optional Full Conversion Mod - This mod changes a lot of stuff, units, reworked the tree, and a lot of other stuff. It is ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH THE INTERFACE MOD, be advised. (it already has the Russian mods included tho). It's a awesome mod.
Heres the forum link with screens: NEW GEN MOD

And for all of you who want to check out the other mods heres a link with all the major English mods made for this great game.
Link: ALL MODS
Most of them that are for version 1,7 works, The Army of Darkness is a good one, sadly it gives an error when u are opening the game, but if you just alt+tab and click on ignore or repeat it works perfect.
Also these mods sometimes cause a crash, it happened to me like 2 secs when i entered the game and sometimes never happened at all, it's pretty random so use it at your own discretion. I'm not responsible for corrupted games.(Never Happened to me and I'm using them for years now).

TUTORIAL: You have to put the .kfs files on your C:\"Whatever folder you have Steam"\Steam\steamapps\common\king's bounty - the legend\data\Mods folder.
If you don't have a Mods folder just create one.
Thanks for you times Hope you guys like the compilation I made.

ALSO THESE ARE NOT MY MODS I DON'T TAKE ANY CREDITS FOR THEM I'M JUST RECOMMENDING THEM. ALL THE CREDITS GO FOR THE AUTHOR THEMSELVES.

EDIT: Forgot to add here's a very good resource site with information about King's Bounty Games.
GameBanshee King's Bounty

Regards
Ael
Old 06-29-2010, 05:52 PM   #2
Aelhis

bumping.
So people can check out that there's some great mods for this awesome game.
They add a whole new flavor to the base game. I really recommend that people test them out.

Regards
Ael
Aelhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 05:52 AM   #3
seq

The interface mod and the resource site sound interesting. I will have to look them up later when I have the time to start playing King's Bounty. Thanks for the heads-up!
seq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:45 AM   #4
velvetmeds

Banned
i'll try them out when i buy the game, i'm waiting until the 4th to do so. tks
velvetmeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:16 AM   #5
Aelhis

Try them out. You guys seriously won't play ever without them.
I can't at least, Especially the interface mod. It adds a lot of helpful information.

Regards
Ael
Aelhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 03:55 PM   #6
dbzer0

Thanks for these suggestions. Just bought the game on a steam offer and I thought i'd check for some good mods before I get into it. Question, do I need a new game for them to take effect?
dbzer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:27 PM   #7
Cruga

The russian links don't actually work. Document not found.
Cruga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:59 AM   #8
gabusan

Any other way to get that interface mod?
gabusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:59 AM   #9
Xeno88

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabusan View Post
Any other way to get that interface mod?
There's a download link in the 1C topic on the page before last (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...2&postcount=67), but to access it you'll need to register it seems. If you don't want to, I've taken the time to do so and re-uploaded: http://www.filedropper.com/mod17enginterface
Xeno88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:53 PM   #10
Bague

if i have a Eu steam version, which interface mod would i download? oO

oh sorry nevermind, too tired and failed at reading.
Bague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:05 AM   #11
OptimusPrimate

I installed the interface and overhaul mod then started a new game but some of the skills are blank and it certainly doesn't look anything like the picture on the overhaul link. Is there some patch or update I'm missing?
http://s1238.photobucket.com/albums/...7-01-37-05.jpg
Old 12-30-2010, 01:16 AM   #12
Donners

The interface mod is quite handy. Thanks for the recommendation; I wouldn't have even thought to look for mods.

Unfortunately, I can't really understand the changes made by the full conversion mod, so I'll stick with safety and avoid that one.
Donners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:31 AM   #13
Cpryd001

The interface link doesn't work anymore. It goes to a russian 404 error. I did manage to find another forum post that uploaded it. I forget where.
Cpryd001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:13 PM   #14
Xeno88

^^^
Was it possibly mine from Gamefaqs that linked back to this topic (a few posts up)? XD
Xeno88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > King's Bounty series