Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam for Mac > Source games

Old 06-12-2010, 02:25 AM   #1
MorganFFS

TF2 bug list

Team Fortress 2 (mac) bug list!
This list is to enlighten the tf2 mac team so they can fix these bugs. The fixes written here is no final fix, this is a user fix added by forum members. Remember folks! You should also report bugs in game. Just:
-go to menu
-click on Bug/Report a bug
-And fill out the form.
So use also this feature to report bugs - then we are sure that they get it!

Just keep them coming!

Thanks to these:
ColdNCursed
ikarus
DocMidnyte
SerFox
temion
Major_Spork
OtakuGirl
(you have been given +1 rep!)
__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________
BUG LIST:
Error connecting a server:
When joining (some) servers I get: Client and server is not matching
This means that the server has not been updated to the last version of Team Fortress 2, as you use. Just wait for a server update! :-)

Font
Users are having issues reading the fonts due some sort of spacing bug. Thread

Changing classes
Issues when trying to click 'cancel.'
Temporary Fix: Use '0' on the keyboard to cancel.

No response
When joining a server, the mac loading 'wheel' appears and is followed with a TF2 Crash.
I noticed this a few times too, but then I was left clicking all over the window. Try and relax and just let it calm down. It should go over after 1 min.

Microphone Issue:
Many users are reporting issues with microphone problems. Thread

Unable to remove servers from favorite section:
Unconfirmed however I believe this is also a windows problem. (Gf can not delete them out of her favorites either, using windows7 on a PC)

Graphic Bug:
User's are experiencing an odd glowing bug. Thread
Fix by Zero51: Set mat_software_aa_strength to 0.

Could not CRC map (enter name):
Custom maps fail to download on the mac.
Temporary Fix: Download the maps from the original source. Website etc. Otherwise, if you have a map on your windows, copy it over to the mac.

'Slideshow FPS and Sound Errors'
Users are experiencing VERY low fps (2-5) and a sound bug. Thread And Thread#2

Brightness Issue:
Lighting is uniformly darker than usual - this doesn't affect characters in the load screen or HUD/VGUI elements. The exception is 2fort and maps (fullbright might be interesting, though...). May possibly affect Radeon 2600XT users. Thread

Incorrect Fonts
TF2 Fonts replaced with sans serif, including the fonts which contain UI icons. Thread

Steam-error
Server too busy to verify my game file, but them says they are 100% validated and then the game quits.

Chinese in game overlay in TF2
When I use ^^ in chat in game overlay in TF2 I get: 觮觮

Users experiencing problems importing sprays
Users getting 'Cannot load x" errors and 'Image file is corrupt" messages when trying to import sprays. Thread

Sam and Max ears
Sam and max ears disappear randomly. Jiggle bones on them freak out and then poof, ears are gone

Sound Trouble
thread

Secure connection fail
Secure connection failed, A connection to the VAC servers could not be made

Cursour freeze
If you hold ctrl and space at the sametime in game, your cursour will freeze, and you will be unable to load gameoverlay.
temporally fix: To fix the freeze just left click your mouse button, the game overlay is still bugged. Don't know how to fix this yet without closing Team Fortress 2

Importing sprays
Cannot import sprays. Original folders show but no ability to see new folders/files.

FPS lag
All graphics must be put to lowest settings to avoid major FPS lag issues.

Couldn't CRC [map_name]
When you are trying to join a server, a popup arrive and say: couldn't CRC [map_name] disconnected
Temp fix: Delete all the map files for THAT map you tried to connect too. and take a nice restart

Tips_
To make TF2 load quicker go in your steam app -> library -> team fortress 2 -> (rightclick) properties ->set launch options | a window will pop-up. In this window you write: -vid (the intro video don't start)

And for my main to view your fps (frames per second | this will allow you to see how low you need to set your graphic settings) tip also write: -console
When you open Team Fortress 2, you will notice a "terminal". In here you should write net-graph 2.
When you play on a server now, you will notice some weird numbers down to your right (yes the net-graph may be in the way sometimes) There you can see your FPS. I got for example 50-60FPS so I don't need to lower my settings, but when you are down on <20 you should considering set some graphic settings on low

I hope this little tip will help you a bit, it helped me a lot! Thanks! - Best Regards, Chew/MorganFFS

Last edited by MorganFFS: 06-22-2010 at 08:08 PM.

Old 06-12-2010, 03:07 AM   #2
ColdNCursed

No problem! Will add more when I find more

Last edited by ColdNCursed: 06-12-2010 at 05:42 AM.
ColdNCursed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:19 AM   #3
Ntt4

May I add this to the FAQ. I was going to compile a list earlier, But I ran out of time
Ntt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 04:20 AM   #4
Roid-o-tron

Mind if I submit my own?
It is eerily dark:
Lighting is uniformly darker than usual - this doesn't affect characters in the load screen or HUD/VGUI elements. The exception is 2fort and maps (fullbright might be interesting, though...). May possibly affect Radeon 2600XT users. Thread
Old 06-12-2010, 04:51 AM   #5
ColdNCursed

Hey guys, just wanted to post and say please add all of the bugs you know of, followed with a thread link. I'll keep updating my post, and when Morgan shows up he can take over and put all of the bugs/errors/ups in the first post.
Old 06-12-2010, 05:00 AM   #6
ikarus

Incorrect Fonts
TF2 Fonts replaced with sans serif, including the fonts which contain UI icons. Thread

(This is in addition to the spacing bug)
Old 06-12-2010, 07:35 AM   #7
ColdNCursed

Would be great if we could get this stickied to keep it on the top, hopefully any one with issues will read through this thread first and see if their problem (or the problem's corresponding thread) is here already.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:11 AM   #8
Ntt4

I've added this to the FAQ
Ntt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:44 AM   #9
DocMidnyte

Steam-error

Server too busy to verify my game file, but them says they are 100% validated and then the game quits.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:47 AM   #10
09rmbrown

Banned
not sure how to describe this but, choppy when moving. IE, if I stand there, i can keep my current FPS, noramlly 40 - 60. But if I run around then it stays at 40 - 60, but chops... it's weird.

After I play the map for 5 - 10 minutes, there is no chop. So is it just caching the map... I don't understand.
09rmbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:50 AM   #11
temion

Another bug:

Sam and max ears disappear randomly. Jiggle bones on them freak out and then poof, ears are gone.
temion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:24 PM   #12
MorganFFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by temion View Post
Another bug:

Sam and max ears disappear randomly. Jiggle bones on them freak out and then poof, ears are gone.
I hate to be an , but please keep it to TF2/steam. I hope your poblem will be fixed soon :/

sincerely, Chew
Old 06-12-2010, 12:50 PM   #13
Futurecast

Also Spray glitch:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1302220
Old 06-12-2010, 12:55 PM   #14
saltysaltyfridy

I have a bug where every time i get killed and the game zooms in on who killed me the screen goes black and all i can see is a random player model slightly to the left in the idle pose.

every thing goes back to normal afterwards though.
saltysaltyfridy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:33 PM   #15
temion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganFFS View Post
I hate to be an , but please keep it to TF2/steam. I hope your poblem will be fixed soon :/

sincerely, Chew
ITS A TF2 HAT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSAlXbsXmi8

I'm face palming so ing hard right now.
temion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam for Mac > Source games