Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Fallout series

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 03:59 PM   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #1
JustinL
 
JustinL's Avatar
 
Valve
Join Date: Nov 2007
Reputation: 3001
Posts: 3,323
[RESOLVED] Fallout 3 GOTY: Failed to contact key server

If you have recently purchased Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition, you may receive a message stating "Failed to contact key server."

We are temporarily out of keys for this game.


Once new keys are available, they will be automatically applied to your account.


There is not currently an
ETA for this fix.

We are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible.


Thank you for your patience.


Update: This issue should now be resolved. You may need to restart Steam and/or verify game files for the change to take effect. Thanks again for being patient.

Last edited by JustinL: 06-13-2010 at 08:01 PM.
JustinL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 04:07 AM   #2
danionica
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 2
Experiencing Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
If you have recently purchased Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition, you may receive a message stating "Failed to contact key server."

We are temporarily out of keys for this game.


Once new keys are available, they will be automatically applied to your account.


There is not currently an
ETA for this fix.

We are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible.


Thank you for your patience.


Update: This issue should now be resolved. You may need to restart Steam and/or verify game files for the change to take effect. Thanks again for being patient.
Hello. I'm currently experiencing this issue, I just bought the game, and it's "Fallout Day" here.
danionica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:40 AM   #3
xybolt
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Reputation: 197
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by danionica View Post
Hello. I'm currently experiencing this issue, I just bought the game, and it's "Fallout Day" here.
did you have read the last sentence? the solution is at restarting steam and/or verifying the game files.
xybolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:42 AM   #4
ENGLAND
 
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Reputation: 64
Posts: 542
Its still happening.

Maybe steam shouldn't offer these games if they cant deliver them.

And before anyone asks...yes i verified and restarted. still no key.
ENGLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 06:40 AM   #5
Firestorm2408
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Reputation: 0
Posts: 1
I too am having this response even after restarting and verifying my game files.

I understand however that it is not Steams fault and that they simply need Bethesda to provide them with more game keys, I'll keep trying throughout the day although some indication as to when Valve has received the new keys would be nice if possible?
Firestorm2408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #6
NerdOnRage
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Reputation: 0
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by xybolt View Post
did you have read the last sentence? the solution is at restarting steam and/or verifying the game files.
You don't need to be a bag. First, you don't know if that "last sentence" posted in 2010 still works. Second you don't know if they guy tried it before posting. So please if you want to be an bag stay out of the forums of people asking for help.

BTW I am having the same problem. Restarting steam or verifying the game files doesn't solve it. I'll just wait a little.
NerdOnRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #7
snapjak
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 1480
Posts: 4,438
http://store.steampowered.com/app/22370

Notice: Fallout 3 is not optimized for Windows 7

Notice: We have recently ran out of CD keys for this product. As soon as we receive more from the publisher a key will be granted to new owners.
snapjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:53 PM   #8
imonfire
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Reputation: 164
Posts: 804
ahhh... I own this for a couple of years now. decided to play it today. really unhappy now. hopefully it takes less than a week for steam to get new keys...
imonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:29 AM   #9
GaryTheSnail
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Jul 2013
Reputation: 0
Posts: 18
What even people that has owned the game before have the same problem?
GaryTheSnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:57 AM   #10
guybo
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 2
My son just got this off the Steam Summer Sale and is getting this error. When are you guys going to provide more keys? When Fallout 3 is on sale for $5 you guys couldn't predict that a LOT of them would be sold? Really?
guybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #11
Bonehead
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Reputation: 76
Posts: 226
Threat title is wrong. This is not resolved. Thanks for being useless.
Bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #12
snapjak
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 1480
Posts: 4,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
Threat title is wrong. This is not resolved. Thanks for being useless.
Thanks for making a useless post about a THREE YEAR OLD THREAD.

It was indeed solved. THREE YEARS AGO.
snapjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:26 PM   #13
Bonehead
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Reputation: 76
Posts: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapjak View Post
Thanks for making a useless post about a THREE YEAR OLD THREAD.

It was indeed solved. THREE YEARS AGO.
Thanks for giving yourself the title of Forum Police. Not everyone will know that this thread is that old. Like myself, I came onto the forum wondering about when this will be fixed, and I'm greeted by this title. So. You're welcome.
Bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #14
youngj88
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Reputation: 3
Posts: 271
The keys are out!!!
youngj88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Fallout series


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.