Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2: Episode One

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 01:17 AM   #1
justvlad1994
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Exclamation [Escape from City 17] Achievement not working.

Hello, I have just finished Half-life 2: Episode 1 but I don't have <Escape from City 17> achievement completed, and it should be. I was logged on Steam when I completed the game so I don't know why it doesn't work because all other achievements worked.
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:20 AM   #2
justvlad1994
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Nevermind, Steam updated my Episode One client and now it works.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 05:55 AM   #3
gorpie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Reputation: 1474
Posts: 10,730
Glad it fixed! There are occasional glitches with achievements and a workaround for it, but now you don't need it!
gorpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 09:20 AM   #4
DurDen
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Reputation: 1359
Posts: 6,202
Won't show up for me. Says in game I got it, but not on my profile, I have all of them but that one, and I already got One Free Bullet. >__>
DurDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 02:25 PM   #5
gorpie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Reputation: 1474
Posts: 10,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurDen View Post
Won't show up for me. Says in game I got it, but not on my profile, I have all of them but that one, and I already got One Free Bullet. >__>
If you have all the others, then it's safe for you to delete the file Steam\SteamApps\yourname\half-life 2 episode one\episodic\gamestate.txt. (This is the fix for all achievement glitches--though the files are different for each game. But that file is where the temporary info is stored, like for Lambda Locator and things like that. So if you delete it, you will lose all your progress for counting-type achievements.)

You should then be able to reload a save near the end of the game and get the achievement.
gorpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:51 PM   #6
DurDen
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Reputation: 1359
Posts: 6,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorpie View Post
If you have all the others, then it's safe for you to delete the file Steam\SteamApps\yourname\half-life 2 episode one\episodic\gamestate.txt. (This is the fix for all achievement glitches--though the files are different for each game. But that file is where the temporary info is stored, like for Lambda Locator and things like that. So if you delete it, you will lose all your progress for counting-type achievements.)

You should then be able to reload a save near the end of the game and get the achievement.
Tried, still not working, should I just start the chapter over? I only used a previous save...
DurDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:47 PM   #7
gorpie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Reputation: 1474
Posts: 10,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurDen View Post
Tried, still not working, should I just start the chapter over? I only used a previous save...
I think One Free Bullet needs you to do it in one playthrough. (You can save the game and reload, so you don't need to do it all at one time, though.)

It doesn't seem like a glitch in gamestate.txt should have that impact. But, then again, maybe info is written to the file throughout the game for this achievement. If the file were glitched at the beginning of your run, that may be the problem.

You could try a new chapter if you want, but I can't guarantee it will work. You may need to start a new game.
gorpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2: Episode One


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.