Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 06-17-2010, 02:07 AM   #1
JamboMambo

Supreme Commander 2 help...

Can anyone please tell me if i can install supcom 2 without having to mess around with all this steam bulls**t? I am really annoyed i cant jus install and play, what a gay idea.... so please if there is anyway i can play this game without downloading a load of crap from steam please tell me!!:-)

Old 06-17-2010, 02:13 AM   #2
Sauronvoldemort

Banned
What do you mean you can't install and play? How do you expect to play the game when you haven't installed it?
Sauronvoldemort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 02:25 AM   #3
JamboMambo

Ok let me explain... the reason i cant install is because it has to download the steam updates now for some reason it wont download, saying need to be connected to the internet which i am. It wont install from the disc, it appears i have to download some updates from steam before i can play my shiny new game but as i cant download the updates i cant play. Any suggestions?
Old 06-17-2010, 02:29 AM   #4
Sauronvoldemort

Banned
This article should help

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...7241-EYON-2343
Sauronvoldemort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 02:44 AM   #5
Zefar

Volunteer Moderator
Supreme commander 2 uses Steam so playing without Steam isn't an option.

Try this.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...5357-FSQM-0382

Also note that Supreme commander 2 got some large patches as well and will download those too. It's balance fixes and bug fixes. Something that might be worth getting.

Old 06-17-2010, 04:07 AM   #6
JamboMambo

Ok thanks guys will take a look at those now. What if... i download everything i need onto my uncles comp who has broadband, install supcom 2 on his comp and then burn all that onto a blank disc, take it home and install onto my comp... will that work??
Old 06-17-2010, 04:29 AM   #7
Zefar

Volunteer Moderator
You only need to move the files from your fathers PC to your own one and Steam will find the game.

It might have to do some small things but it will work.

So head into SteamApps and copy that Supreme commander 2 folder. It's all you need to do.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:15 AM   #8
JamboMambo

hmmm sorry i dont understand... the problem is i dont have steam, it wont update, so i cant do anything right now on steam because i dont have an account or do you mean after i have set it all up on the other comp? This is my first time using steam so i have absolutely no idea... do i have to have all updated steam before i can register a game and have an account?
Old 06-17-2010, 05:35 AM   #9
Zefar

Volunteer Moderator
Steam can be downloaded for free here.
http://store.steampowered.com/about/

In order to play Supreme commander 2 you need that program and an account on it. You can't play without it then.

You probably bought SupCom2 retail but Steam will still be installed first.

So all you need to do is register SupCom2 on your Steam account, head to your fathers house and download it there. Then you put the files on a DVD as it takes 4.8 GB for me. Or you could put it on a portable USB drive.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:53 AM   #10
JamboMambo

Ok... but what im saying is i cant get steam, i have it downloaded and on my desktop but when i run it... it starts updating but doesnt, the thing is i cant run steam to register my game. So my question is can i download and update steam then transfer that as well to my comp?? Thanks for all your help Zefar its greatly appreciated

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips