Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crysis series

Old 06-17-2010, 02:05 PM   #1
dhk03009

Unhappy my download is keep getting suspended :(

ive been trying to download Crysis since monday.
it wont download completely. it always stop at like 97 percent.
it says suspended. if i click resume all, it doesnt do anything.
i tried everything. blob trick, restarting steam, changing region. but it wont ing download completely and i am getting pretty annoyed. i want to play this game so much !!!

anybody got same problem ?? and anybody have solution to this ??

Old 06-23-2010, 04:17 AM   #2
ljy221

me too.. seems like i just can't play.
But i can run Warhead fine and all though. Why isn't Crysis working then?
Old 07-02-2010, 02:05 PM   #3
jsyi

I am having the same problem. Download tab shows 6,465.1 MB / 6465.1 MB downloaded but the download is suspended at 99% on the Library tab.

Trying to launch says game is unavailable. (makes sense if not completely downloaded).

Verifying local files says everything is there.

Changing download server locations and restarting doesn't seem to help.

Copying all the files from the steamapps folder to a different computer has the same results. On this computer it shows that Crysis needs a 47 kB download on the Download tab but still stays suspended.

Tried deleting some files from the steamapps folder, doing a verify game files, which identifies missing files. It simply re-downloads the deleted files but goes back into the same state of being suspended.

Is it possible that this is another DRM-related problem with availability of licenses to be distributed by the Steam servers? Pure speculation, of course. What is there more I could try?
jsyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:08 PM   #4
__Ryuzaki

Mine just finished downloading, but it's been installing punkbuster anti-cheat for a while now. I think it got stuck or something. :/
__Ryuzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:11 PM   #5
jsyi

Mine's been stuck in this suspended state for a collective 5-6 hours now over a couple different computers. One running Windows XP x86 and the other Windows 7 x64.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:20 AM   #6
Dellejelle

Guys, i know how to fix it
Go to http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1343555
Dellejelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:35 PM   #7
jsyi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellejelle View Post
I've already been trying moving/deleting files from the steamapps directory as well as checking for files marked as read-only. Gave it another go now.

Unfortunately, didn't help with my issue. Still stuck on the "Suspended" state with it occasionally showing "Downloading" activity but only at 51 BYTES/s or thereabouts. :/
Old 07-13-2010, 10:37 PM   #8
ljy221

anybody figured how to fix this? i can play the game once in a while, when i randomly uninstall/install the game. yet, when i turn off my computer after, it still goes back to 99% suspended again.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:15 PM   #9
jsyi

Still working through the canned responses on my Steam Support ticket. It seems they've run out of those because I haven't heard back now in several days.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:45 PM   #10
DylanMD

It's really easy to fix. Whenever it randomly does this, you can just press the pause button in the downloads tab. Whenever your download is suspended, it still has the pause button. Just press that and resume.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:59 PM   #11
ljy221

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanMD View Post
It's really easy to fix. Whenever it randomly does this, you can just press the pause button in the downloads tab. Whenever your download is suspended, it still has the pause button. Just press that and resume.
yes, of course i haven't tried that.

Our problems here is different. our download is stuck in 99% and does not go up. its not like any other issues with random suspending. I suspect it is just problem with crysis game alone.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:30 AM   #12
ljy221

Okay, I may have got a solution.

For all of you who use non-English Windows version, change the Unicode to English(U.S.) Let the download go up to 99%, then change the unicode. Let the system reboot, then boom. you are set, complete, 100% Crysis. You can always go back to your own unicode after the game is complete.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crysis series