Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Borderlands

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2010, 10:30 PM   #1
Pr3cise
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Reputation: 25
Posts: 109
Thumbs down Wtf is the point in an account?

The only reason I can see the point in having an account on borderlands is for friends.

I found out that if you reformat your computer, your characters disappear. Having an account is pretty pointless as goes for anything but keeping friends.
Pr3cise is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:14 AM   #2
SSLEviL
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 3
that`s because borderlands does not have Steam Cloud, you can keep you save`s by making a backup , you will find it in curent user`s my documents \ my games \ borderlans
SSLEviL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:56 AM   #3
seseorang
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Reputation: 748
Posts: 7,385
Unless you use the -nohomedir switch and all the information is saved in the same location as Borderlands with "savedata" directory
seseorang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 05:45 PM   #4
Bud042
 
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Reputation: 4522
Posts: 5,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3cise View Post
I found out that if you reformat your computer, your characters disappear. Having an account is pretty pointless as goes for anything but keeping friends.
And that's the point of having an account
Bud042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 06:57 PM   #5
jiminator
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Reputation: 389
Posts: 3,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3cise View Post
The only reason I can see the point in having an account on borderlands is for friends.

I found out that if you reformat your computer, your characters disappear. Having an account is pretty pointless as goes for anything but keeping friends.
there is also anecdotal evidence that if the house with your computer burns down, then your characters disappear. Something to be aware of...
jiminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:08 PM   #6
Davez0r
 
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 2
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminator View Post
there is also anecdotal evidence that if the house with your computer burns down, then your characters disappear. Something to be aware of...
who would have thought!
Davez0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:16 PM   #7
jiminator
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Reputation: 389
Posts: 3,393
just doing my part to help you guys, no need to thank me.
jiminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:09 PM   #8
ZanyCynic
 
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Reputation: 270
Posts: 1,187
We could start a list of all events which would destroy the chars.
Like...
- tornado -> house gone
- fire -> house gone
- computer stolen
- earth exploded
- etc... only the more reasonable cases, just like the above ones...
ZanyCynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Borderlands


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.