Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Tom Clancy collection > Rainbow Six series > Vegas series

Old 06-19-2010, 07:01 PM   #1
DoohanOK

Windows 7 and Rainbow Six: Vegas - getting it to install and run

1. Install the game as per usual Steam method
2. Kill the running Steam application (CTRL+ALT+DEL) - processes - kill Steam.exe
3. Now navigate you your Steam installation folder looking for STEAM.EXE
4. Right click on STEAM.EXE and select "Run As Administrator"
5. Launch the game as you usually would
6. Game should now launch - you will likely receive a Firewall warning - select OK
7. Rainbow 6: Vegas should now launch

Sadly it seems you must do this EVERYTIME to launch the game. One workaraound I found was to right-click on the Steam launch icon - select properties - advanced - run as Administrator. You may need to relogin to Steam. This tip might also apply to other OS's like Vista.

Not ideal but it works....

Last edited by DoohanOK: 06-19-2010 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 07-29-2010, 01:16 AM   #2
ssinisterss

I swear my Win 7 machine didn't have any troubles when I first launched it but I may be wrong. I have had it deleted for sometime now, but it's downloading as I speak and I will try to remember to report my results here when I get the game going.

I play so many games and have two PC's that are capable but I do believe the Win 7 machine has run it. My other system is a Vista machine with a single core 3.2ghz processor, 4 gigs of RAM and the same old Nvidia 9500gt card I have in my Quad Core 6gb RAM Win 7 machine, and I recall poor performance with the former setup and smoothness with the latter... I'll check it out.
ssinisterss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:23 PM   #3
ErikDeluxe

dohanook, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post this work around....awsome help.Thank YOU Good Sir!! I have vista 64 bit, ran Steam as admin. and then launched the game...POW it launched!!!
ErikDeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:33 AM   #4
Syn-Marvin

I have never had any issues with games and Windows 7 - going on 250+ on STEAM alone.

RB6 Vegas 1 and 2 both have worked on it since it's been out.
Syn-Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:21 PM   #5
hsvhoon

Game works fine for me on Win7 64-bit with no tweaks.
hsvhoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:52 PM   #6
jonnyohio

I had a problem installing PunkBuster...just got stuck in an endless loop. I hit cancel and started the game again, and when the window came up about reinstalling punkbuster I just selected to delete it. The game loaded fine after that with no other tweaks, but I don't know if I will be able to play online without it.
jonnyohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:20 PM   #7
Pjalter

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoohanOK View Post
1. Install the game as per usual Steam method
2. Kill the running Steam application (CTRL+ALT+DEL) - processes - kill Steam.exe
3. Now navigate you your Steam installation folder looking for STEAM.EXE
4. Right click on STEAM.EXE and select "Run As Administrator"
5. Launch the game as you usually would
6. Game should now launch - you will likely receive a Firewall warning - select OK
7. Rainbow 6: Vegas should now launch

Sadly it seems you must do this EVERYTIME to launch the game. One workaraound I found was to right-click on the Steam launch icon - select properties - advanced - run as Administrator. You may need to relogin to Steam. This tip might also apply to other OS's like Vista.

Not ideal but it works....
Don't work for me.....
Old 03-10-2011, 09:38 PM   #8
n3cRo

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn-Marvin View Post
I have never had any issues with games and Windows 7 - going on 250+ on STEAM alone.

RB6 Vegas 1 and 2 both have worked on it since it's been out.
Yeah there has been some issues with games on steam notably assassins creed 1

I have no problems running this game on win7 x64 6core amd 1090t black edition 8gigs of ram ati 5830 1gig vid card

this game runs very smooth for me now vista may be a whole other issue because it blows
n3cRo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Tom Clancy collection > Rainbow Six series > Vegas series