Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > EVE Online

Old 06-20-2010, 12:55 PM   #1
Kirix21

Refer-a-friend and Steam question

My friend sent me a referral invitation to my email account for Eve and I went ahead and registered with his referral and downloaded the Eve demo on Steam.

My question is, can I upgrade my referred trial account to full if I buy the game on Steam, so my friend can get the referral perks? Will Steam give me a CD key I can apply to my account?

Thanks
Old 06-20-2010, 01:44 PM   #2
Hobonator912

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirix21 View Post
My friend sent me a referral invitation to my email account for Eve and I went ahead and registered with his referral and downloaded the Eve demo on Steam.

My question is, can I upgrade my referred trial account to full if I buy the game on Steam, so my friend can get the referral perks? Will Steam give me a CD key I can apply to my account?

Thanks
Unless it's $5 on Steam again, just buy it from CCP. CCP says that paying to Steam doesn't give the free 30 days, but I think I heard that they do it anyways.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:58 PM   #3
Kirix21

I'd like to have it on Steam so I can add it to my collection of games. Still wondering about my question.
Kirix21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:48 PM   #4
Eldar

I bought it over a year ago now, and a friend referred me. I got the free 30 days with it, but my friend never got the free 60 days or whatever it was, he was supposed to but didn't. You get a CD Key, you have to right click on EVE in Steam to see it.
Eldar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > EVE Online