Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series

Old 06-26-2010, 04:32 PM   #46
RubNTizZugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by =CF=Hurricane View Post
My mouse have this presets configs:

400dpi
600dpi (current set)
1200dpi
1600dpi
2000dpi

So, if I got your point, as example, I must change to 2000dpi and after this, slow de sensibility in game settings to get a better precise in my aiming?
I've seen many people argue points on both sides here. Some say increase dpi and reduce sens and it will reduce skips and errors, however I've also read what seems to be informed people say the opposite, and using higher dpi will also in some cases introduce acceleration or decceleration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Gump View Post
Whats an honest review of a M$ X5 2000dpi?
I've never tried the x5 but the x8 is a big, heavy brick that tracks poorly at low dpi. Seemed pretty gimmicky to me.
RubNTizZugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:46 PM   #47
joekingston

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubNTizZugs View Post
I'm not willing to go back into the stoneage and get an mx518 or MS IE 3.0 as for one thing they simply aren't available here and I like to "try before I buy" so to speak.
You can buy new MSIE 3.0's from tigerdirect.com. Apparently, Microsoft is still making them. They are the newest kind, with the "GotFrag" symbol on the box. It also has quotes from professional teams such as Team3D (no longer exists) and SK Gaming, endorsing the mouse. The electronics are updated also, 450 dpi and 9000 frame per second tracking.

On a personal note, I've gone through four MSIE 3.0's in the past 10 years. They really are the perfect mouse for me and work superb with all my games, including BC2. The only downside is they are big so if you have small hands, you should look elsewhere.

Last edited by joekingston: 06-26-2010 at 05:23 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:12 PM   #48
SpunkyKuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubNTizZugs View Post
I've seen many people argue points on both sides here. Some say increase dpi and reduce sens and it will reduce skips and errors, however I've also read what seems to be informed people say the opposite, and using higher dpi will also in some cases introduce acceleration or decceleration.
For me it's:

high dpi lower sens = easier to point exactly where I want.

low dpi raise sens = like skating on ice, the tiniest movement slips and hard to point at a pixel across the map in FPS games.

I had to use my Logitech wireless when my Copperhead stopped working, what a nightmare it was to use when playing BC2 and other games and at times I couldn't point and click a button on the web browser without missing it. lol

Last edited by SpunkyKuma: 06-26-2010 at 05:15 PM.
SpunkyKuma is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series