Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source

Old 06-24-2010, 01:06 AM   #1
dajdawg2

Give us back the OLD CS!!

Right now there are 4490 and climbing signatures for a petition to get rid of the new cs... I personally can't even play the game but it would be nice to be able to since i did pay for it. and before anyone out there says "get a better computer" my computer ran it just fine when i PAID for the game. I shouldn't have to go spend hundreds of dollars to play a game that i've play for years already. you don't see me going to buy a new improved NES to play the original mario brothers do you? they didn't patch the hell out of it, no they just made new games instead of screwing with the ones that were there.

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_pe...cgi?cssource&1

Old 06-24-2010, 01:13 AM   #2
Rkade

Oh god a petition won't help, sigh.

They've been working on this beta for a few months now, it's unlikely they'll drop the whole thing because you have a few ragers in your little petition.
Rkade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:13 AM   #3
Caniboid

Definately signing that! The new game is a good idea. BUt getting rid of the old one is the dumbest idea they have come up with yet. Other than some of the upgrades. Like acheivments are about as stupid. Would be nice to be able to play both instead of being forced to play the one a lot of people are going to uninstall over. There are a lot of old gamers left in this community, that play becasue it doesn't follow the y acheivmeent trwend. Now this just seems like every other game on the market. And before people blurt out the "if you don't like it, don't play it" bs, Ya of course we don't like the game being changed completely from what it was initially. We want what we paid for and grew to love. If I wanted acheivments I would have bought wow.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:13 AM   #4
dajdawg2

would be nice to get a refund on the game though. since i can no longer use the product i paid for. wonder if a lawyer would see it my way.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:14 AM   #5
Amy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajdawg2 View Post
Right now there are 4490 and climbing signatures for a petition to get rid of the new cs... I personally can't even play the game but it would be nice to be able to since i did pay for it. and before anyone out there says "get a better computer" my computer ran it just fine when i PAID for the game. I shouldn't have to go spend hundreds of dollars to play a game that i've play for years already. you don't see me going to buy a new improved NES to play the original mario brothers do you? they didn't patch the hell out of it, no they just made new games instead of screwing with the ones that were there.

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_pe...cgi?cssource&1
NES cardrige don't have update feature. That's why.
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:16 AM   #6
dajdawg2

that's not my point amy. my point is this. i bought this game years ago, and my computer that is only a couple years old now can't play it. so is steam gonna upgrade my computer for me to continue using the product i bought from them? i highly doubt it.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:19 AM   #7
Caniboid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkade View Post
Oh god a petition won't help, sigh.

They've been working on this beta for a few months now, it's unlikely they'll drop the whole thing because you have a few ragers in your little petition.
You mean 2 months actually means something as opposed to 11 years of hard work to bring the game were it is today ? It would just be nice to make it an optional expantion pack, not a mandatory upgrade.

Oh well, can't change it now can we ? Just gotta take it like every other upgrade people didn't like at first and just get used to it.

Last edited by Caniboid: 06-24-2010 at 01:21 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:20 AM   #8
Rkade

Quote:
would be nice to get a refund on the game though. since i can no longer use the product i paid for. wonder if a lawyer would see it my way.
I think your lawyer will laugh in your face once he reads the Steam Subscriber Agreement.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:20 AM   #9
dale1v

Quote:
that's not my point amy. my point is this. i bought this game years ago, and my computer that is only a couple years old now can't play it. so is steam gonna upgrade my computer for me to continue using the product i bought from them? i highly doubt it.
Your 2008 PC can't play CS? My 2005 PC can play it and TF2.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:22 AM   #10
rob_66

is anyone surprised those fat idiots ed up again?
Old 06-24-2010, 01:22 AM   #11
dajdawg2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
Your 2008 PC can't play CS? My 2005 PC can play it and TF2.
you are also missing my point. it don't matter how old or new my computer is. the fact is i could play this game just fine yesterday... and now i can't. why should i have to get a new computer to play a game i've played for years...
Old 06-24-2010, 01:24 AM   #12
Rkade

Quote:
you are also missing my point. it don't matter how old or new my computer is. the fact is i could play this game just fine yesterday... and now i can't. why should i have to get a new computer to play a game i've played for years...
Low settings?
If you can't even run it on low then I doubt you could even run CS:S yesterday

Edit: and don't give me that "I could run it on medium settings yesterday", it doesn't matter.. your game still works, ergo no refund.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:25 AM   #13
dajdawg2

i can run it, that is if i can get into a server (they all seem to be "not responding) but my fps is so low its not worth it. before i could play just fine at 60ish fps, today it was like 30 or less
Old 06-24-2010, 01:26 AM   #14
Wofiel

It's interesting, on my laptop, I used to have to use an FPS config, and even then I'd rarely be around 40ish. This engine is much more scalable, I was getting up in the 80s constantly.
Wofiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:26 AM   #15
Goerge

fffuuu the old css. the hit registration was plain awful. This new one.. u can actually get frags by aiming at things and firing XD
Goerge is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source