Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source

Old 06-25-2010, 12:39 PM   #1
thoreau

The need to be civil and reasonable after this update

Alright, let's face it: YES, Valve has murdered the remake of one of the greatest action games in the history of gaming. YES, they have UNintentionally imported Team Fortress 2 game elements in this game like a Spy class (invisible models that kill you and enemies that look like they are a part of your own team). YES, de_dust has been rendered unplayable with HDR on, so you can rule out playing it while enjoying HDR until a fix comes out. YES, there are probably many more major bugs imported in the game that I haven't listed.

This does not however give us the right to act like imbeciles on these forums and have more than half of our posts be composed of the lovely pink hearts. The vast majority of problems you now see in the game are unintentional - they are bugs, not design changes. Unless you really are psychologically incapable of ignoring the achievements that pop up on your screen and do not affect the gameplay in any manner, then you shouldn't have a problem with anything else like a sleeker looking scoreboard and a killcam that is absolutely no different then spectating the person who killed you right after your death, which you know 90% of us do anyway.

While I do agree this is an unacceptable screw up Valve or whoever those new developers are that are trolling around the forums, nobody has the insanity to leave the game like this. I'm looking forward to most of the bugs being solved, as if you eliminate all of them, you will still have the great Counter-Strike soul which you think has been somehow lost after this update with UNintentional bugs.

So, please, let's be civil and reasonable people, because the mark of a great person is not how they act in life when everything is just peachy and dandy, but how they act under pressure and problem while everyone else is losing their heads like monkeys.

Last edited by thoreau: 06-25-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:13 PM   #2
d10sfan

I agree. The bugs will be fixed in time and yelling and screaming at Valve to rollback the update is not helpful and it will not change anything. If you have a problem with the update, submit a bug report, dont troll the forums with "omg this update sucks!!11"
d10sfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:23 PM   #3
garbage day

pc gamers be reasonable? it will never happen
Old 06-25-2010, 01:34 PM   #4
aGa171

I realy hope you'r right and the bugs get fixed (not only the new ones but the legacy ones to, because if the don't fix the old bugs then whats the porpuse of the update?) but you have to remember that the before beta css had a million annoying and game crashers bugs that never got fixed and now it´s not looking to good either for them to fix the old bugs.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:50 PM   #5
Nik3

Banned
Old version of CSS was much better with all its "bugs" like seeing thru some lil corner or being able to see shadow under some props, it just made game more tactical, now CSS is just stupid with its new hitboxes and tickrate limits and bug"fixes" I want my moneys back! I didnt pay for this! Its same that blizzard would change World of Warcraft into First person MMO...
Nik3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:58 PM   #6
password:jdm

As long as my favorite servers come back, and this bull lag goes away, me and steam are cool. But anything less than that, I'm still MAD!
Old 06-25-2010, 02:18 PM   #7
Internetianer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik3 View Post
Old version of CSS was much better with all its "bugs" like seeing thru some lil corner or being able to see shadow under some props, it just made game more tactical, now CSS is just stupid with its new hitboxes and tickrate limits and bug"fixes" I want my moneys back! I didnt pay for this! Its same that blizzard would change World of Warcraft into First person MMO...
Whats tactical about seeing shadows through walls? Good god your stupid.
Internetianer is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source