Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Transformers: War for Cybertron

Old 06-25-2010, 07:14 PM   #1
thewulfe

3rd person view seem overdone?

I'm really having a tough time playing with the view, it feels like I'm having to always look to the side to see where I'm going. Is this common with these types of games? I've tried a few times now to play through but can't get past this.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:31 PM   #2
cyborg34573

its very common. Deadspace/residentevil 5/ Gears of war/Batman arkham asylum, etc.
cyborg34573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:42 PM   #3
ZmobieMrh

I'm always running into walls on my left side because of the weird depth perception this camera angle gives.
ZmobieMrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:37 AM   #4
Pluberus

Ya I agree. It is over done. Takes a little while to get used to.
Pluberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:56 AM   #5
DJ Cryotek

The problem isn't the viewpoint, it is the FOV, which is extremely narrow. You tend to have that in console games, as it a) makes distant things bigger/easier to see on a smaller, lower-def screen and b) feels more natural when you are sitting farther away from the screen (when you look out a window from halfway across the room you don't expect to see as widely.)

The problem is, when you play on a pc, very close to the screen, it feels like tunnel vision. Borderlands even gave me motion sickness until I found a workaround.

Unfortunately the .ini files are encrypted so there is no fix as of yet. I am enjoying the game, but it's frustrating dealing with this- tbh, the FOV is the biggest issue I have with the game at this point. They make all these huge, amazing, panoramic setpieces then make you watch them through a tube.

You know the FOV is too narrow when they have to point out to you where Omega Supreme is!!!

Dead Space had the same problem. I couldn't find a workaround and ended up uninstalling it because it was too frustrating.

TBH, part of the reason some areas of this game are hard is because there are enemies coming from all over and I can't see them unless I am staring right ing at them. So stupid.

I'm enjoying a run through the single player, though I look forward to replaying it proper in the future if they can get this sorted.

Last edited by DJ Cryotek: 06-26-2010 at 09:20 AM.
DJ Cryotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:06 AM   #6
AzureEmmanuel

Banned
Huh? I think you guys lack some serious space awareness.
AzureEmmanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:34 AM   #7
pistolols

Banned
Yeah to be honest i can't stand the way any game of this generation does 3rd person. When i was growing up, every 3rd person game your character was nicely centered. Now, they're ALL offset to the left. At least it centers when you transform.
pistolols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:36 PM   #8
Kiljoy66

I wish I could swap the side of my character the camera was on! I would love to have it on the left hand side instead of the right.
Kiljoy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:38 PM   #9
zhandao

It's . You can sit your bot/con behind a wall and still see the entire area in front of it. That's so realistic.

At least there's no popamole cover system, where somehow your head is totally immune from damage but you can see right over the whatever that should be blocking your vision.

Last edited by zhandao: 06-26-2010 at 03:38 PM. Reason: .
zhandao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:38 PM   #10
ncc386

I would have liked to pull in the character placement, personally. I think it's a little TOO far over to the left even for 3rd person.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:11 PM   #11
Redvan

try not to think about it... why are you looking at your character when you should be looking at your crosshairs anyway?

This is the first game i've ever played with a view like this and I haven't had any problems with it.

myself, i'm 100% FPS view lover, I dont play many 3rd person shooters. The whole look around corners thing is pretty lame, but I'll do it for this game. It's worth it.
Redvan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Transformers: War for Cybertron