Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Devil May Cry series

Old 06-26-2010, 06:57 AM   #1
Vohn_exel

So did I just waste 14 bucks?

Ok. So I loved this game (Devil May Cry 3) for the ps2 and my disc is messed up, so I thought "hey, Steam sale! Awesome!" and bought it here. However, it doesn't play in fullscreen, it starts in this tiny window.

So I searched around and found out that Alt+Enter should make it fullscreen. I discovered that doesn't work. At all. Then, I discover that NONE of my keys work at all. I can hit whatever I want, but nothing responds.

I read somewhere that it apparently isn't made to use a keyboard and mouse. Why would you port a game to the pc without having some kind of keyboard and mouse function?!

So, is there any way to fix this, or have I just wasted my fourteen dollars on a game that I'll never be able to play? If thats the case, I'm more then just a little angry.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:18 AM   #2
nemesis519

Alt-enter didn't seem to work for me either until I got into the actual game (and not from the main menu), then it started to. I had to load up a PC save-game I found on the net to get past the 'new game' crash I'm having though. But alt-enter worked afterwards.

To navigate around the starting menu use WSAD, more specifically "a" and "d" to move left and right. And I think "k" is accept and "j" is cancel (might have flipped those). So try hitting j or k to see if your keyboard works to select an option.
nemesis519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:48 PM   #3
Vohn_exel

Thanks, but none of the keys work. I mean I can't even get past the intro cutscene. It just plays that like I've left the controller on the ground. I hit every key trying to just get to the main menu, but nothing responds. I love this game and Capcom, they really irritated me by doing this. As it stands I have a 14 dollar intro cutscene. Whee.
Vohn_exel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 12:32 AM   #4
Vohn_exel

Nemisis actually figured out a fix, that taking out the MPG files allowed me to get the title screen and actually play the game. (So far, it's worked. I haven't tried getting to the "play" part but the rest of it worked. So, if you end up with this problem, try this fix. Go into your steam folder and remove your MPG files, or at least (in this case) the very first one. It'll take a while to find it, it's named like mov 99 or something. Anyway, this'll allow you to at least get to where you can fullscreen and play the game.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:45 AM   #5
notzaar

People whop complain about the lack of keyboard and mouse controls for this game (and to a lesser extent DMC4) baffle me. The game was built from the ground up for a controller, nothing more nothing less. Yes DMC3 for the PC is a very bad port but this is just a sticking point with me.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:59 AM   #6
Vohn_exel

There isn't a lack, technically, it works. And I wasn't saying "hurr, the controls suck" I was saying "hurr, the controls don't register at all." While I'm having a bit of trouble with Cerberus, It's been mostly playable so far. I can't be as fancy as I was with the controller, but I can play this game just fine with just a keyboard.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Devil May Cry series