Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Tool Discussions > Source SDK General Discussion

Old 06-27-2010, 03:19 PM   #1
Scopri

Angry gameconfig.txt

Okay, I've been looking everywhere for this file, because I need it to compile the SMD file I made in Blender. Apparently there is some new folder structure or something.
But anyway, I've tried StudioCompiler and GUIStudioMDL, and neither work. Not only that, my sourcesdk folder is called source sdk base, which I think is fine, but it stops at the bin folder. There is no ep1 folder. I checked the AppData folder since stupid Vista likes to hide stuff in there, but I didn't find anything. Search comes up with nothing too.

StudioMDL can NEVER find itself when I put it into source sdk base/bin. You think the only error left would be the missing gameconfig.txt.

For StudioCompiler I tried copying the GameInfo from my game folder to the source sdk base/bin folder, which was probably stupid, but now it gives me the "extra app ID set to 211, but no Steam AppID."
ANOTHER error is the "Warning: falling back from vproject directory."

What am I missing here? Besides the ep1 folder? I would like to use GUIStudioMDL but..
PLEASE DOES ANYONE HAVE A SOLUTION, I DON'T EVEN WANT TO SOUND CALM ANYMORE. THIS IS ANNOYING AS HELL. AND YES, I HAVE PLAYED THE GAME RECENTLY. Fortress Forever, if you want to ask. Don't tell me to go to their forums. Their users are on here too. Probably.
I don't want any "I have the same problem" crap. Please.

If it's a stupid mistake, please, please, please tell me what it was. Don't just call me an idiot and leave. Cause I know I'm an idiot.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:46 PM   #2
Groxkiller585

Source sdk does not equal source sdk base. There is not file difference, they are two different things. Try redownloading Source SDK. Can you get Source SDK to run?
Groxkiller585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 03:50 PM   #3
Scopri

If you mean that video stress test thingy, yes I can. If you mean Fortress Forever or other mods, yes.
Scopri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 06:19 PM   #4
Groxkiller585

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scopri View Post
If you mean that video stress test thingy, yes I can. If you mean Fortress Forever or other mods, yes.
No, I mean THE Source SDK. You can access Hammer/faceposer/HLMV with it.
Groxkiller585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 06:31 PM   #5
Horizord

The Source SDK Base starts up like a game and has the stress-test. The Source SDK starts up with a menu where you can choose a tool, engine and game, as well as some useful links.

What you're seeing is not the Source SDK.
Horizord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:38 PM   #6
Scopri

Okay, I found out how to download the Source SDK, if that doesn't fix anything then I'll get back to this thread.
Scopri is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Tool Discussions > Source SDK General Discussion