Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > APB All Points Bulletin

Old 06-27-2010, 06:18 PM   #1
Pvthudson01

How do you QUIT a mission

Several times I am assigned a mission where the enemy outguns me in equipment and rank and just camps a "TAKE" area. basically I want to give up, it is impossible to win these and backup is not available.

How do I quit a mission?
Old 06-27-2010, 06:43 PM   #2
Schopenhauer

There is no way to quit a mission besides exiting the game. They did it so people wouldn't just quit right away if they were losing or thought they were going to lose. I understand your problem, but it's better to have that happen once in a while rather than people quitting left and right and no one ever being able to finish a mission because people are sore losers (not you).
Old 06-27-2010, 06:50 PM   #3
CircuitsMaximus

I'm with you that this situation is frustrating. I've been outgunned and called for backup with no result. Then I have to decide to spend 12 minutes dying and respawning, driving around nowhere near the mission area, or just logging off. Something is seriously wrong with the mission system that it's absolutely no fun.
This isn't the only frustrating thing about the game. Overall, I've had very little fun and a lot of frustation. Maybe if there was a manual, or a knowledge base that returns results, it would be a little easier for me to figure out what's going on.
I'll use up the time I got with the game that will be the end of it.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:52 PM   #4
Freyar

You know what's really irritating? Not having people actually play the mission. Instead I get partners that don't ever show up, people that decide to never show up to take objectives or anything like that.

Remember that right now everyone's still stretching their "threat" (used to determine your ability to fight other players). Everyone started out at one, so if you're average, you will get a number of cases where you feel like you can't win.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:21 PM   #5
Crazydog115

There IS a way to quit the mission.

There's a chat command to do it, although I forget what it is at the moment. If you go in game and hit the "console commands" button (I believe the default is F8...alternatively just hit escape..it's towards the bottom of the side menu that pops up), and choose the option for cancel mission or something like that.

It says that if you do it too much the NPCs will stop offering you missions for a while, but I'm sure canceling it in case you accidentally hit "y" every once in a while will be fine.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:31 PM   #6
Freyar

Well, it won't let you do that if you're opposed.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:33 PM   #7
blahbla

if you start a mission you can /abandonmission to quit it as long as there's no opposition as Freyar said

if you quit missions you won't be able to pledge to contacts for about ~2minutes or so
Old 06-27-2010, 08:52 PM   #8
CircuitsMaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyar View Post
You know what's really irritating? Not having people actually play the mission. Instead I get partners that don't ever show up, people that decide to never show up to take objectives or anything like that.
This is the problem. You end up left on your own to get pounded and can't move on to something else. Or you can just ignore the mission which leaves the opposition sitting around. I honestly don't know how they can fix the system. Allowing missions to be abandoned would just leave you without a group rather than a group that isn't working on an objective.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:13 PM   #9
StabbyStabStab

This game would be terrible if players could ragequit a mission every time they felt they were "out matched". People would rarely ever see the end of a mission I'd wager.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:17 PM   #10
Schopenhauer

Try to group up with a person or two. It not only makes the game much more fun, it tends to make the matchmaking system work better, at least in my experience. I've had some fun times solo, but it's a lot easier to have a good time in a group.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:28 AM   #11
ymrj

What jaratees me off is when my group is set against 10 people. 4v10 really? Idc that my threat level is higher than theirs, its impossible to spray objectives and hold them against 10 enemies. We also got placed into 4v12 and called for backup and 2 low levels got put in but those two were driving around the city not doing anything to help.

!!! /endrage
Old 06-28-2010, 05:17 AM   #12
XMMX

When their awsome matchmaking system they brag about obvius seams to fail they need to dd a quit button, As a Cop with awsome guns i have faced people who are still using their first gun, and i can simply camp the site and know that they cant hit me.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:05 PM   #13
TimeNinja

ive been able to take out people many levels above me, who had much better weapons without breaking a sweat. Sometimes i have the latest gun and some threat level one guy with a STAR completely closes me out. Its not the matchmaking system thats the problem, its the fact that you are playing against people with wildly different skills. Ive taken out groups of 4 by myself, and ive had my group of 6 taken out by 3 people. Its the luck of the draw.

Besides, if you keep getting really crappy matchups, switch instances. Remember that not every player of the game is where you are.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:18 PM   #14
DracoJJ

Second I got the Stabba assualt rifle (non leathal long range rifle) i was arresting and killing people left and right. but I have been in several situations where I really did wish I could quit, cuse the objective was hopeless, it never seems physically possible for me to get in a team, and when ever I do, my teammates leave me behind, or as has been said, wonder around the map, NEVER getting any where near the objectives.

Worst situation I can give of when I wish I could of quit was when I had to do a bounty mission, it was a TDM kinda game so all I had to do was kill any of the crims, only problem was I was alone, and was fight against 4 people (didn't start that way I might add, started with just 1, but he got backup, and I never did even though I asked for it.) when there was just 2 of them, they climbed a building and camped on top of it, of course now I had no way to get to them unless I basically ran right into their fire, so they were camped up there so tight, it was impossible to get to them, even with almost infinite nades.

Eventually the other two crims joined, and gang banged me only to join the other two on the roof, they sat there for the remaining 10 minutes of the mission wile I said F this and just started driving around witnessing people, about 1 minute left to the mission I FINALLY got some backup, but he was a lvl 2 threat and still running around with starting rifle (not a bad gun in anyway I might add, just seemed he hadn't been playing long.) but with only 1 minute left, there was no way to kill all four of them, so essentially, game was up.

so needless to say, I waisted about 20 minutes of play time on a mission I could never win no matter how good I was, and got essentially no rewards for doing it, at the very least I did get a little money and rep for it, but was it worth the 20 minutes waisted? not in a million years.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:20 PM   #15
TimeNinja

If youre on a mission, and way outmatched, and its at the "kill or be killed" section, then just run in and die. That will be faster than waiting for the timer to run out. Dying doesnt lose you anything, and youll still get a reward for failing the mission. Also if you die enough, you get an achievement and a large gun.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > APB All Points Bulletin