Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Killing Floor

Old 06-27-2010, 08:32 PM   #1
Kangdemon

Cant see the text in menu?

I just finished downloading the game killing floor. When i started the game, i couldent see the text on the menu, it was just showing up as white dots... but i could see the pictures of the zombies on the right side perfectly... I cant even start a game or change the options cause i dont know what the hek i am clicking on! whats going on???

I have windows 7 and my video card is Intel® HD graphics with 1759mb shared video memory. Yeah i know it is intergrated, but if it can run fear 2 without any problems, i am pretty sure it can handle this game...how do i fix this!
Also, when i looked at the options of the graphics card, the resolution is at 1920x1080.

EDIT: SORRY ABOUT USELESS THREAD GUYS. I APPARENTLY FIXED THE PROBLEM. I JUST GUESSED ON WHERE THE RESOLUTION WAS IN THE SETTINGS SCREEN SINCE I COULDENT SEE THE TEXT.... I GUESS CORRECTLY . THE PROBLEM WAS THAT THE GAME SET ITSELF ON THE LOWEST RESOLUTION, I JUST HAD TO CHANGE IT.

Last edited by Kangdemon: 06-27-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:59 PM   #2
trilance

Try this first: Delete killingfloor.ini from your system folder.
trilance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:03 PM   #3
computerdoctor

I think have the same problem. I can't see the text all there are just a bunch of dots. Could someone give me a step by step process of how to fix this?

click on this link to see what it looks like http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/462...0707095403.png
computerdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:09 PM   #4
trilance

First try deleting killingfloor.ini and then launch the game for it to generate a new one. If this doesn't fix it, delete killlingfloor.ini and user.ini.

Note that you'll have to set the graphics to your personal settings and any custom key binds (if you need to go as far as deleting user.ini).
trilance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:19 PM   #5
computerdoctor

I have already tried that but I didn't try deleting the user.ini so i tried that then loaded the game and this is what happened.

(View Links to see what happened.)

Click here for pic 1

Click here for pic 2
computerdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Killing Floor