Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > SpaceForce: Rogue Universe

Old 06-30-2010, 01:42 AM   #1
musterfox

Joystick support?

Downloaded the demo only to find that the demo version does not support joysticks.

Headed over to the devs official forums and saw 2 separate thread of people having problems using Joysticks with this game.

Can anyone who is using a Micrsoft Sidewinder Precision 2 joystick please confirm that it works with the retail version of the game? Without that support I dont want to buy it as I am not a "mouse-flight" fan.

TIA
Old 07-17-2010, 10:38 AM   #2
SpectralShade

I don't got that joystick, but a wingman extreme. To put it short: forget about mapping anything but simple buttonpresses to anything. The game doesn't seem to support anything else, and when the up/down axis was reversed of what I would expect from a flight thingie I gave up using the joystick totally and now use the mouse instead. Mouse works ok, but it is annoying that Joystick was supported so badly as to make it not worth using.

Edit: Just to clarify in case some people start trying to correct me: Yes, you can reverse joystick axis, but you have to do it outside of the game, while turning the joystick on was done inside the game. Talk about a messed up option system.

Last edited by SpectralShade: 07-17-2010 at 12:53 PM.
SpectralShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:03 AM   #3
musterfox

Thanks for the reply SpectralShade.

I will skip this game. Flying with a mouse is not my cup of tea...
musterfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:46 PM   #4
Aesir Rising

The v1.1 and 1.2 patches, which Valve probably never got around to adding, have joystick support. Though it is buggy, and not everyone was able to use their joystick for all commands (Logitech Extreme 3D Pro POV Hat UP cannot be used in this game, for example).
Aesir Rising is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > SpaceForce: Rogue Universe