Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Hardware and Operating Systems

Old 06-30-2010, 11:51 AM   #1
darkkterror

Problem With Razer Naga

I just recently purchased a Razer Naga. I'm having an issue with it being detected after I turn on/restart my computer. When I got the mouse home and first plugged it in it worked fine and then I installed the drivers for it (this was the order in which the instructions specified). Everything seemed to go smoothly until the driver software asked me to restart my machine. When I restarted my computer the mouse wasn't working and Windows said that the device driver was not installed successfully. I unplugged the mouse and plugged it back in and the mouse was detected and worked fine.

The thing is that this problem repeats itself every time I first turn on or restart my computer. My Naga is not detected properly when Windows loads and I have to unplug it and plug it back in for it to work. I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and I switched USB ports as well. The mouse works great after I unplug and plug it back in but it's kind of annoying to have to do that every time I restart my computer.

Razer's support site doesn't have anything on this problem so I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas.

EDIT: Running Windows 7.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:57 AM   #2
notavirus.exe

No I had this same problem with my lachesis. However the problem fixed it self when I moved it to a diff usb port.

I was using a port on my font i/o panel, then I moved it to the back (directly on mobo) and its worked flawless ever since.

good luck
notavirus.exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:05 PM   #3
rotNdude

Volunteer Moderator
That sounds like a motherboard issue with USB devices not being identified properly with a system boot. What motherboard do you have? Is this the first time you've tried booting with a USB mouse/keyboard?
rotNdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:27 PM   #4
darkkterror

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotNdude View Post
That sounds like a motherboard issue with USB devices not being identified properly with a system boot. What motherboard do you have? Is this the first time you've tried booting with a USB mouse/keyboard?
I have an EVGA X58 SLI. My previous mouse was a Logitech G5 (also USB) that was plugged in to the same USB port as I now have my Naga. I'll try switching my Naga and keyboard around to see what happens.

EDIT: No go. I tried my Naga in a total of 4 different USB ports (including the port where my keyboard was plugged in). The end result is that all my other USB devices (Logitech Illuminated Keyboard, G13, and ClearChat Headset) are all working perfectly on boot but my Naga requires an unplug/plug process to get it working after boot.

EDIT2: I've confirmed that my G5 still works fine. Would seem to me that the issue is somehow related to the Naga itself.

Last edited by darkkterror: 06-30-2010 at 12:46 PM.
darkkterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:15 PM   #5
SM darren

i'm really guessing here, but i have a g5 too, and did you delete the g5 software (setpoint) before downloading razers?

or just delete all the software drivers and let windows find the drivers itself, hopefully installing correctly this time
SM darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:24 PM   #6
darkkterror

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM darren View Post
i'm really guessing here, but i have a g5 too, and did you delete the g5 software (setpoint) before downloading razers?

or just delete all the software drivers and let windows find the drivers itself, hopefully installing correctly this time
I didn't have Setpoint installed. I had an issue with the mouse sensitivity when I had Setpoint installed so I removed it and just used the driver that Windows installed automatically. I also tried removing all mouse drivers and then plugging the Naga back in but I have the same issue.

EDIT: Apparently it WAS a mobo issue. I checked around EVGA's forums and people are experiencing a myriad of USB problems with the board. It was suggested to raise the ICH Vcore voltage to 1.15. This is what solved my problem.

Last edited by darkkterror: 06-30-2010 at 02:50 PM.
darkkterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:58 AM   #7
north123

Got the same problem. Win 7 64bit

Try'd everything this thread suggested:
http://windowsforums.org/topic/3021-...ed-on-startup/

still no go.

I'm also afraid to buy a new one now. What if it just has the same problem...

EDIT:
just tested it on my laptop (windows vista) worked instantly, also after downloading synapse it worked perfectly.

Last edited by north123: 02-14-2013 at 08:12 AM. Reason: typo
north123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #8
north123

Ok so i started looking in my bios.
Under the USB tab there was 1 usb unit that was not enabled.
It was called legacy usb. I turned it on, and not it works like a charm.

Lets see howlong it will hold
north123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Hardware and Operating Systems