Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Flat Out series

Old 06-30-2010, 12:55 PM   #1
SquallLeonE

Crashes on startup

Can't find anything about this. Bought Flatout UC today for $2, and the game crashes during the first loading screen, before I even get to the main menu. GFWL(Games for Windows Live) works ingame and I'm able to access it and whatnot up until it crashes, so I doubt it's related to the crash. No error messages come up. Here are my system specs:

Windows XP SP3
Radeon HD 4350
2GB Ram
AMD Sempron 1.8GHz
Old 06-30-2010, 05:51 PM   #2
SquallLeonE

Fixed, kind of.

For some reason, it will not let me play the game when signed in as administrator. But if I log off of Windows XP and sign in as a guest, it will let me play the game. This is also the exact same case with three other games I own: Defense Grid, Stalker:SoC, and Shatter(which I also just bought). When I launched Flatout and Shatter, it told me that I needed to be signed in as administrator to get it to work or something, but they both launched fine.

This is a hassle, and it seems that I'm the only person on the internet who has this problem. If anyone knows a solution to this, please let me know!!

Also, Flatout runs at about 20~ FPS without adjusting ingame settings, which is fine for me.
SquallLeonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:07 AM   #3
dfbongwater

this is happening for me as well. i dont even get the launcher options it just crashes to desktop
Old 07-01-2010, 08:25 AM   #4
Zefar

Volunteer Moderator
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\flatout ultimate carnage\support

Head to that folder and manually install that Xliveredist thing. That made it work for me. If you have Windows live installed already I'm not sure what to do.

Old 07-01-2010, 08:39 AM   #5
dfbongwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefar View Post

Head to that folder and manually install that Xliveredist thing. That made it work for me. If you have Windows live installed already I'm not sure what to do.
This appears to have solved the issue.. good work .
Old 07-01-2010, 09:14 AM   #6
finchy86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefar View Post

worked for me too, thanks!
finchy86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Flat Out series