Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Resident Evil series > Resident Evil 5

Old 06-30-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
Xelger

D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR : present_result

RESIDENT EVIL 5: RE5DX9.exe Fatal Application Exit
D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR : present_result

The opening cut-scene plays with a blank black video other than the subtitles and opening credits. After the cut-scene is over, I get the message stated at the top, an error that crashes the game.

I am running Windows XP (forcing me to use the DX9 version of course) with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ and an ATI Radeon X1650 512MB. Does anyone have any ideas?
Old 06-30-2010, 03:45 PM   #2
Lord Mordeth

According to the store page..

Graphics: Minimum Requirement - 256 MB VRAM, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series or ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro

So isn't your gpu a bit weak for the game, ie. that might the issue?
Lord Mordeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:14 PM   #3
Xelger

The X series is a line outside of the normal Radeon numbering system, so "1650 is less than 2400" doesn't mean anything. My card has 512 MB of VRAM on it too. It's quite possible that I should be able to at least RUN the game, even if it turns out that it wants me to turn the options down a little. My problem is that it crashes with an error message outright, which shouldn't happen no matter what kind of video you are using, right? It should merely run slow, not crash.
Xelger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Resident Evil series > Resident Evil 5